Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 9:47:18 AM EDT
Jessica Simpson 'Loves the Heck' Out of Bush

WASHINGTON (March 17) - Jessica Simpson loves President Bush. She's just not a big fan of Republican fundraisers. The Hollywood starlet and tabloid cover girl was in Congress on Thursday to lobby for Operation Smile, a nonprofit organization that provides reconstructive surgery to children with facial deformities. Everyone was asking, however, why she turned down an invitation to attend a Republican fundraiser with Washington's top star, the president.

"We went back and forth, and we could never get the details worked out," said her father and manager, Joe Simpson. "When it became obvious that it was not just a state dinner, it was more of a fundraising event, that is the wrong purpose of why we are here."

Joe Simpson was adamant that his family are "big supporters" of the president.

"We are huge fans of him and of his family, his girls," Simpson said. "Jessica loves the heck out of him."

In fact, Simpson said they were still trying to squeeze in a meeting with the chief executive.

Getty Images
Jessica flirted with meeting President Bush, but in the end, decided she didn't want to tarnish her charity's image.  

"We are trying to get in and out," he said. He could not confirm whether a meeting would take place.

Simpson, a singer best known for her denim-cutoff role in the movie "The Dukes of Hazzard" and the MTV reality show "The Newlyweds" with estranged husband Nick Lachey, came to Washington to promote Operation Smile.

The actress, who refused to comment on the fundraiser, is scheduled to head back to New Mexico later Thursday to resume shooting in that state of her movie, "Employee of the Month," according to publicist Rob Shuter.

Rep. Tom Reynolds, chairman of the Republican campaign committee hosting the fundraiser, said the group had hoped Simpson would attend.

"I know my daughter's a fan. She's a celebrity that was going to come. Now she's a celebrity that is not," Reynolds told reporters. "We invited her because she likes to come to functions from time to time, and now I guess from what I'm hearing she's not."

Associated Press writer Kimberly Hefling contributed to this report.

I bet there are others but dont have the balls like Jessica to admit to it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
...and I would still hit it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit happens. Everyone has a schedule to keep. Not everyones schedule revolves around political fundraising. Dubbya is a big boy, he'll understand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The Hollywood starlet and tabloid cover girl was in Congress on Thursday to lobby for Operation Smile, a nonprofit organization that provides reconstructive surgery to children with facial deformities.

She's plugging plastic surgery.  Why does that not surprise me?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yippie, an airhead likes Bush.  I'm not saying she's not a nice slice of pie. Just that's she's dumb as a bag of hammers and this only slightly improves my opinion of her.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Hollywood starlet and tabloid cover girl was in Congress on Thursday to lobby for Operation Smile, a nonprofit organization that provides reconstructive surgery to children with facial deformities.

She's plugging plastic surgery.  Why does that not surprise me?

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Reconstructive surgery is nothing like plastics that the Hollywood types get.  We are talking fixing cleft lips, other deformities just to make them normal.  They are not getting bigger boobs or nose jobs.  Its a great service for these children and I cant think of anything more noble then to make a child's life better.

Dude you need to know what you are talking about before you start opening your mouth.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yippie, an airhead likes Bush.  I'm not saying she's not a nice slice of pie. Just that's she's dumb as a bag of hammers and this only slightly improves my opinion of her.

Yeah, but she's a hot airhead... Who must have at least a shred of common sense because she's not a libtard...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but she's a hot airhead... Who must have at least a shred of common sense because she's not a libtard...

Common sense... in a woman?  Hahahahahaha!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No she was just raised in a republican home and like most people out there just pick what ever party their parents alligned with and never think for themselves. Go Republicrats!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Search + Jessica or Simpson. Take your pik.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top