Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 5:24:07 AM EDT
link here

NAJAF, Iraq (AFP) - At least 25 charred and bloated bodies were discovered in the basement of a religious court set up by rebel cleric Moqtada Sadr in Najaf's Old City, police said.

The bodies were brought up to ground level by police and Iraqi national guardsmen and could be seen lying in the courtyard, an AFP correspondent said.

"We entered the building which was being used as Moqtada Sadr's court and we discovered in the basement a large number of bodies of police and ordinary civilians," said the deputy head of the Najaf police, General Amer Hamza al-Daami.

"Some were executed, others were mutilated and others were burned."

A pungent odour of death hung over the courtyard where the bodies lay, their clothes soiled and muddy, the AFP correspondent said.

An array of beer cans littered the ground and a national guardsman said: "Look with your own eyes -- they drank beer and then they killed."

The consumption of alcoholic drinks is strictly forbidden under Islam.

One witness, Rahri Hussein, said he was close to the mausoleum when "a young man asked everyone to come to the court building because he said he was tortured there and he was convinced that there were prisoners still being held in there.

"When we got down there we found only two people alive, the uncle of the police chief and a boy. The rest were just dead bodies."

Adel al-Jazairi, the uncle and driver of Najaf police chief Ghaleb al-Jazairi, was kidnapped by militiamen on August 8.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]

And we negotiate with these fucks
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]
That's great.  In this country we'd call him Charles Manson.  Over there? He's a "Man of God"
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not surprised, these 'people' who follow Sadr are the bottom of the bucket.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
So where are our Assassination Squads?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The really sad part is he is going to go completely scott free, he will not have to answer for his crimes, either for the those committed against U.S. forces or his own people, he has been granted amnesty.  People of God, Rule of Law, my ass!!!

Once upon a time I thought our being there was a noble cause, now I see the new Iraqi government ignoring the need for justice and allowing murderers to riot pillage and rape as though nothing ever changed, Saddam II indeed.

The blood of our fine soldiers is being wasted  on this cause, the whole shit eating country is not worth the life of one of our boys, fuck Iraq, fuck Iran, fuck Saudi Arabia, fuck the entire middle east.

I say we should pull every one of our people out and drop one of our biggest nukes in the middle of the desert  close enough to be seen and heard, then tell them if anything ever happens to America their citys will be nothing but soon be forgotten memories, this should be repeated for all our enimies, one and all!!

Fuck it I'm sick off the middle east, Rant off !!

Azman-1 out........
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So where are our Assassination Squads?

+1 have we gotten to P.C. to assassinate people anymore??  you read all of the accounts of spies and assassins during the cold war and whatnot......why not use these sort of tactics today as well? or am i just WAY mis-informed?? we go in there w/ our military...why not bring the boys home and go in w/ much smaller, more specialized teams.  to me it seems like we're trying to remove a tumor w/ a baseball bat instead of a scalpel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#7]

I SWEAR - if there is ONE liberal QUACK out there who can read reports like these and not support the war - they are complete MORONS
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a Hellfire Mission to me.  If I were al-Sadr, I wouldn't take any long drives in the country.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Guys...

1) The Iraqi govt isn't ignoring justice... We are IN Najaf at their behest. Back under the occupation, the whole city was a no-go zone...

2) You can't just assassinate al Sadr, because we can't get to him... He's 'wanted dead or alive', and will be shot if he's escaping, but in order for him to try and get away, we have to get in and capture him (like Saddam)...

3) PATIENCE.... 'Go Get Some' is great for movies, but patientce is the key to actual real-world operations... Being triggerhappy only causes massive screwups...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top