Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2002 11:45:46 PM EDT
...please say a little prayer for me. It is about 3:30am and I am getting ready to head to the airport to fly to Louisville, Kentucky, for a dream job interview. I have been so nervous that I haven't slept more than an hour in two days. ::sheepish grin:: In case any of y'all didn't know, I decided to move back to Louisville, Kentucky, where my family lives. The decision was really finalized about two weeks ago and I was going to give myself until next spring to fix up and sell my house and find a good job. Well, let's just say that timing and faith have EVERYTHING to do with EVERYTHING. Less than a week after I make the decision to move I found out about a dream job as a Switch Technician for Verizon Wireless that is in Louisville, Kentucky, (actually 5.23 miles from my momma's house) that had opened up THREE DAYS before I got ahold of a contact in Verizon Wireless. To make matters sweeter, they wanted someone with 3 years 5ESS experience and I have certification [i]and[/i] over 4 years experience with 5ESS as a Central Office Technician. I've talked with the hiring manager and he's already mentioned setting aside "several hours" for my interview and has already mentioned benefits. I don't want to jinx it but I think he's just waiting to get a read on me in person... ::crossing fingers:: If I get this job I think I'm going to be so excited I'll probably wet myself. The only thing that'll stop me is the fact that I'll be wearing the over $300 suit that I picked up from Ann Taylor for this interview. I gotta say, I look [i]good[/i] in that suit. [:D] Sooooo.... please wish me luck and, if you are so inclined, please say a little prayer for me around 3pm this afternoon. Thank you! My momma and I were talking and saying how kismet this job is. Momma said so many things have fallen into place that the only way I won't get it is if God is up in Heaven with his buddies just waiting until the last moment to say, "Hold my beer and watch this!! ::ripping the rug out from under my feet::" [:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:49:02 PM EDT
Good Luck! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 11:50:38 PM EDT
I am sure that you will do great on your interview. If for a any reason they do not hire you, just put them in one of your famous head locks. I am sure they will reconsider. Get some sleep, the job is your for the taking... Good luck, I will be thinking of you today. (Not in a bad way either...well maybe a little) [:D] Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:39:44 AM EDT
Sounds like with your experience you should have no trouble landing the job. Good luck. Hate to see ya leave VA. sniff. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:48:09 AM EDT
Fingers crossed and the wife will put in a good word for you when she lights her daily candle in that big stone building with the cross on top. Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:49:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 3:51:36 AM EDT by Gopher]
Hate to see you leave the landline side of the house but good luck. I'll say a little prayer and hope all goes well. I've got almost 20 in with GTE/Contel/Verizon (whoever we are this week)as an installer and looking for a change myself. Check out [url]www.verizoneatspoop.com [/url]sometime. If your an employee it will make you mad, laugh, embarrassed, and shake your head. Good luck, a good switching tech is hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:50:29 AM EDT
Verizon is going to be one of the three winners after the shakeout is over. They have money, they are making money and they can get money. Best luck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:54:24 AM EDT
I just wish we could get them to spend some of it on outside plant. Getting tired of putting in pair gains and placing stringbys.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:54:31 AM EDT
You [u]know[/u], [b]Miss_Magnum[/b], that I will be saying a prayer for you to get this particular job! Although Virginia is one of my most favorite states, I would love to see you move back home to Kentucky to be with your Mother and family. Besides, this move will bring you to a more centrally located spot for you to attend more AR15.com sponsored shoots and get-togethers. And there can't be anything wrong with [u]that[/u]! Eric The(Thoughtful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:56:09 AM EDT
Good luck Sarah, you'll do just fine!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:57:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum: --snip-- Sooooo.... please wish me luck and, if you are so inclined, please say a little prayer for me around 3pm this afternoon. Thank you! --snip
View Quote
So, if that's eastern time zone, and I'm in the west....hmmmm....subtract 2 hours (or is it add 2 hours?)....carry the 1.....divide by 4.... Aw, hell with it. Good luck, MM. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:17:26 AM EDT
Hey Sarah, everybody has Ray's number, everybody has my number, whats your number? Good luck, if it is the job you want, I fervently hope you get it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:19:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:29:35 AM EDT
Post from hielo -
Hey Sarah, everybody has Ray's number, everybody has my number, whats your number?
View Quote
[b]Miz Hun[/b] has [b]Miss_Magnum's[/b] cell phone number! I used to have it, but Miz Hun has it now, and I may be stupid, but I'm certainly not gonna ask Miz Hun for it...ever! Eric The(Yes,Dear?No,Ma'am,I'mNotTalkingAboutAnoth­erWoman,Honest!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:46:16 AM EDT
I just know.......The job is yours. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:51:51 AM EDT
Good luck, Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be nice having you close for the various shoots, even better for you to be close to your family. You ARE doing the right thing and it will give you great comfort in the future. Turn on that wonderful smile and I am sure they will melt!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:53:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Post from hielo -
Hey Sarah, everybody has Ray's number, everybody has my number, whats your number?
View Quote
[b]Miz Hun[/b] has [b]Miss_Magnum's[/b] cell phone number! I used to have it, but Miz Hun has it now, and I may be stupid, but I'm certainly not gonna ask Miz Hun for it...ever! Eric The(Yes,Dear?No,Ma'am,I'mNotTalkingAboutAnoth­erWoman,Honest!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Took her phone back, huh? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:55:27 AM EDT
All the best, Sarah.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:59:53 AM EDT
Post from Arock -
Took her phone back, huh?
View Quote
Nope. Worse. Found [b]Miss_Magnum's[/b] number written in very feminine handwriting on a piece of paper in my wallet! [b]'Let the beatings begin!'[/b] was the last thing I remember Miz Hun saying before the lights went out! Eric The(No,Ma'am,IAmNotInMyRightMind)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:03:22 AM EDT
Prayer sent! Good luck, and do get some sleep so you are sharp and confident.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:23:01 AM EDT
Good Luck, You will do Great,and Relax.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:27:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum: If I get this job I think I'm going to be so excited I'll probably wet myself. The only thing that'll stop me is the fact that I'll be wearing the over $300 suit that I picked up from Ann Taylor for this interview. I gotta say, I look [i]good[/i] in that suit. [:D]
View Quote
Try not to wet yourself in the Ann Taylor suit. For some reason, people find that behavior unacceptable. And the dry cleaning? I mean, really. Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:35:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Post from Arock -
Took her phone back, huh?
View Quote
Nope. Worse. Found [b]Miss_Magnum's[/b] number written in very feminine handwriting on a piece of paper in my wallet! [b]'Let the beatings begin!'[/b] was the last thing I remember Miz Hun saying before the lights went out! Eric The(No,Ma'am,IAmNotInMyRightMind)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Sarah is not another woman, she is one of the AR15.COM crwod. Gender be damned. (though she is a whole let better than every single one of you guys pout together...)
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:51:19 AM EDT
Good luck and God bless. Hate to loose a fellow Virginian AR member, but it sounds like a wonderful plan. So, how much ya want for the house? --LS
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:17:48 AM EDT
Prayer sent for his will to be done. I'm sure he want's you to be close by your Mother or all this would not have happened right together. Not a gambler but I would say this is a sure thing for you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:30:09 AM EDT
good luck! i'll be in louisville this fall. send me your addy/new phone after you get moved and i'll swing by to check out your new bluegrass farm.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:45:44 AM EDT
WOW ! That's great news . Where I work (Qwest), the knuckleheads are surplus 120 techs in the Phoenix metro area. 30 CDT's, 30 COT's and 60 NET Techs. Can you believe it ! We don't have the support we need in the co's and they are letting 30 people go. Hopefully , we'll get enough folks to retire so no one looses their job. Were you a Bell employee prior to the break-up ? Because there are bridge time rights available to you . Check that out if they will honor your time in title. I've only got 21 years of service as a CDT and I'm envious of the guys with 30 years ! I'd sure like to retire before the whole place goes belly-up. US West stock was at $91 prior to the takeover. The Qwest stock was down to $ 1.25 the other day. Yea , Ride this , not the light ! GOOD LUCK , GOOD COT'S ARE HARD TO FIND !
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:47:26 AM EDT
Miss Magnum... I bet you'd look good in ANYTHING! [;)] Good luck on your interview... may they offer you more money than you wanted!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:52:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 11:32:30 AM EDT by Slacker]
Absolute best of luck Sara. Make sure you don't move [i]too[/i] close to your mom....I know how you two get after a few days together! Hope the trailering of the critters goes well, I know thats going to be an adventure (you are taking boog and mares right?). If you need help you've got my #. -R
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:00:45 AM EDT
Good luck!! And when you get this job, don't for a second think that you can use it as an excuse not to try out for Survivor.[:D] My mom was in the hospital and then a re-hab nursing home for 3 months. My brother and sister and I would spend every Thursday evening watching Survivor with her. I'm counting on being able to point and say, "I know her, she's a bud on AR15.com", when the next series begins.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:01:51 AM EDT
Prayers out, Sara. And good [b]L[/b](iving) [b]U[/b](nder) [b]C[/b](hrist's) [b]K[/b](indness) [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:06:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 8:06:39 AM EDT by Energizer]
[size=6][b][red]GOOD LUCK!!!![/size=6][/b][/red]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:12:10 AM EDT
Best of luck to you Sara! Eric
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:15:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:25:03 AM EDT
Good luck! You probably won't need it, though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:24:27 AM EDT
Good luck, Sarah! I think you are a shoe-in for the job. Good switch techs are hard to find, and one with lots of experience on the exact switch being used is even tougher. I'd hire you instantly, if I were the interviewer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:32:46 AM EDT
Luck be wished for ya MM... Didna realize you wuz one of us... 'Course I ain't no COT .. but I have to deal with them all the time ... since I and a friend own and run a small interconnect here in Utah ... GO for the gold...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:38:32 AM EDT
[img]http://www.reallycoolsite.org/images/moviestv/mscleo/tectv5661.jpg[/img] Miz Cleo says "You gots da job Mon!".
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:43:44 AM EDT
Miss M, we are thinking positive thoughts and wishing you the best. Like in Kelly's Heroes...Donald Sutherland with "positive vibes man, positive vibes." The AR15 troops are pulling for you !!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:48:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:23:23 AM EDT
You go girl. And here you thought it would take a year. Now you got to hurry up and sell that farm.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:29:56 AM EDT
Damn Sara. We must have the same Guardian Angels or something... I just got accepted for a killer job today... I didn't even see this post (So I don't want ya to think I was trying to 1-Up ya [;)]. You will get the job. You are a damn smart girl. And with the experience, you'll get it. You need no luck. Congrats on getting it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:37:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum: I'll be wearing the over $300 suit that I picked up from Ann Taylor for this interview. I gotta say, I look [i]good[/i] in that suit. [:D]
View Quote
How about posting a pic? I didn't want you to think that the AR15.com Army was slipping![:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:44:24 PM EDT
did you have to demonstrate all of your skills during the interview?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:45:12 PM EDT
Good Luck MM!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:57:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:35:45 PM EDT
Best of luck, shit in that suit I would hire ya. I've got a Mac G4 with a dual 500 processor, and am just moving to a DSL line networking four computers. Sure wish I had the bucks to coax you to Vermont. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:38:11 PM EDT
good luck with the interviews, I'm sure you'll do great!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:46:38 PM EDT
Well??????
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:17:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:55:12 PM EDT
Good Luck MM, You'll do just fine with the interview...I'm sure you'll get it...Let us know how it went...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top