Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2005 8:18:14 AM EDT
Just seen on abc that there are reports of rapes and atleast 6 deaths some of them children in the astrodome now.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:19:05 AM EDT
nice

Well, thank God they aren't savages
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:19:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 8:20:07 AM EDT by ar15bubba]
the "men" should be seperated from the women and children. We are past due for some public executions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:22:01 AM EDT
Well, that's not really surprising. Considering these people were behaving like beasts in the Superdome, I didn't expect them to change when they went to the Astrodome. You can't make apple pie out of shit. And you can't make a babaric criminal into fine, upstanding citizen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:30:05 AM EDT
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:32:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar15bubba:
the "men" should be seperated from the women and children. We are past due for some public executions.

Agreed. I'm a personal liberties kinda guy, but rioting and pillaging the helpless needs to be delt with on the spot and with death. This is just not acceptable.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:34:04 AM EDT
You have to be kidding me

GM
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:35:03 AM EDT
Did they give the NG orders to shoot to kill looter's or am I hearing things on the radio??

Execute with extreme prudice!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:36:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By speedracer422:
Just seen on abc that there are reports of rapes and atleast 6 deaths some of them children in the astrodome now.

What a tribe
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:41:52 AM EDT
hers a link to another thread, gives a british report of a greoup of 20 somethings i take it in the superdome. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385661

This is what the Astrodome is going through right now apparently.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:47:14 AM EDT
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:49:31 AM EDT
Anyone have a link?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:49:53 AM EDT
www.lonestartimes.com

these guys have pictures from inside the dome from 5am. Doesn't appear to be chaos. I'm sure they would have reported it. LST is partners with KSEV radio AM 700 in Houston and they have been reporting on the astrodome since it was announced that refugees would be going there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:59:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By uncle_frank:
Anyone have a link?

Sorry, my ISP gives me free sreaming video from ABC; i just checked the website; you'll just have to tune in i guess.

Speed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:30 PM EDT
Didnt they learn anything from what happend at the Superdome?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:23:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By speedracer422:
hers a link to another thread, gives a british report of a greoup of 20 somethings i take it in the superdome. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385661

This is what the Astrodome is going through right now apparently.

Speed

I contacted the group that the kids are with in the UK.
I told them if they get out of NOLA to anywhere in Texas I would have housing for them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:44:45 PM EDT
Take em out (The people doing this) to one of the damaged oil platforms... leave some food and water and leave.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:46:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:47:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Well, that's not really surprising. Considering these people were behaving like beasts in the Superdome, I didn't expect them to change when they went to the Astrodome. You can't make apple pie out of shit. And you can't make a babaric criminal into fine, upstanding citizen.

You'd think it would be better supervised however. You know based on past experience. Patty
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:42:26 PM EDT
i heard on the news that they're having trouble accounting for all these people and that many of them have "wandered off" to find "jobs" (uhhh, right...) or "other things to do"...

would it have been wrong to throw up some concertina and post a guard before these folks were shipped in?

i'm glad virginny wasn't suckered into taking some of these "citizens" in...yet...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:46:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
i heard on the news that they're having trouble accounting for all these people and that many of them have "wandered off" to find "jobs" (uhhh, right...) or "other things to do"...

would it have been wrong to throw up some concertina and post a guard before these folks were shipped in?

i'm glad virginny wasn't suckered into taking some of these "citizens" in...yet...

Funniest fucking thing I've read all day! Ahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:48:42 PM EDT

I believe we are.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:48:43 PM EDT
And who's surprised by this news?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 7:53:36 PM EDT by TheTracker]
And these are some of the people that want to live in your home for a little while , yea right. I bet at least 50% have a criminal record in there.If I wrote what I really thought about those people in there .This thread would get locked
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:56:30 PM EDT
You can take the hood out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the hood.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:04:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Misery:

Funniest fucking thing I've read all day! Ahahahahahahahaha

Maybe you meant tricks, instead of jobs?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:28:06 PM EDT
Gotta understand! They're going to do the same thing at the Astrodome that they do at home. Murder, rape, drugs, robbery,child abuse, fornication,etc.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:32:56 PM EDT
I have heard that there have been some problems with refugees drinking heavily and returning to the dome..........
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:55:51 AM EDT
The front page of yesterday's paper said we had 220K refugees here; 120K in shelters and 100k in hotels and motels.

I've seen refugees so hungry and appreciative, they cried when I gave them my MRE crackers.

And I've seen refugees so hungry and mean they beat the crap out of someone from their hometown (if you could call it a town) for those same crackers.

'Refugee' status brings out the best and worst in people.

Rape and murder in the Astrodome?

There needs to be a HUGE LEO presence in the Dome. Those poor law abiding folks that have to deal with that deserve so much better.

And the fuckers doing the raping and killing need to die. Right fucking now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:18:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

As they say, ya can't polish a turd and it would be a waste of time even if ya could.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:42:21 AM EDT
Before I came back to Kuwait in June, I had my old job back at Shell. It's about 3 blocks from the Astrodome/Relaint. Right next to the dome parking lot is Houstons brand new Metro Light Rail line that runs from the dome, through the medical center, through the museum district, and right into downtown. Those fuckers could be anywhere by now. I'm pretty sure that there is a decent LEO presence in the area. Hell, there was always a LEO presence there even before all this crap started. The dome is not in the best part of town, but, it's definately not the worst and I know there are some high dollar places not far off near Rice University and I'm pretty sure those guys are nervous as well with all the new neighbors milling about.

I can't beleive I'm about to say this, but...I sure am glad I'm in Kuwait!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 4:49:46 AM EDT by Khadre]

Originally Posted By raven:
You can take the hood out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the hood.

Something I can imagine someone w/ a Jesse Jackson accent would say!

More like "You can take the homies out of the hood, but you cannot take the hood out of the homies!"
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:15:45 AM EDT

So far from what I've heard, they've 'set up shop and went to werk' in both Baton Rouge and Natchitoches.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:19:28 AM EDT
I drove by the dome last night and within 2-3 minutes saw 4-5 ambulances go in or out.

They did not realize the people were in this bad of shape medically. And for those who don;t know the Dome is withine 5 minutes of a HUGE medical center. Probably more than 20 hospitals.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:48:31 AM EDT
I just got back from Dobbins ARB. I got THE CALL yesterday that local guardsmen (namely including ME) were getting involuntarily recalled to help with the refugees. So I get there at 1800 hrs and they have us unloading planeloads of refugees. We hold their hands thought he whole inprocessing bag check and through the metal detectors and direct them to medical or mental health if they need it and show them to the food and such until we can put them on a bus to shelters.

Most of the folks I saw there were in pretty good shape, there were a few walking wounded but most of the people were doing pretty well considering. There were a few incidences of violence and a lot of bitching about food (that really chapped my ass). In fact, they got to sleep in better conditions than I did, the couple hours I got to crash were done on my shop floor on a piece of foam, they were getting sent to some hotel or somewhere with a warm bed.
Top Top