Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2005 10:30:32 PM EDT
Im on DEFCON 3 right now.  They just stopped 30 buses and passengers got off and started roaming.  Fortunetly the Mayor stepped in and made them accept the buses but many escaped.  Source is Channel 2 news here in Houston.

They won't just let these people leave the dome right?  When will the national guard be here?????
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I sympathize, but they are still free Americans are they not?

No.  The put themselves in the care of the .gov

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
"They won't just let these people leave the dome right? When will the national guard be here?????"

HAHA Im sorry I understand your pain, but are you really watching the news and paying attention to the posts on here. You can see on the news that the gov can not contain everything
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Stay safe, and keep us posted Fred.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
they aren't gonna shoot them for walking away.
I hope you have pleny of ammo
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would they not be free to go where they will?  They may be refugees but they are still Americans.

Still, I'd sleep lightly if I was you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Im on DEFCON 3 right now.  They just stopped 30 buses and passengers got off and started roaming.  Fortunetly the Mayor stepped in and made them accept the buses but many escaped.  Source is Channel 2 news here in Houston.

They won't just let these people leave the dome right?  When will the national guard be here?????

My understanding is they are given wrist bands and can come and go as they please.  They aren't prisoners so they can't keep them there.

I'm worried because a majority of these folks have nothing left so what do they have to lose?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]
help those that you can, destroy those that wish to help themselves to you and yours.  good luck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#10]
On the other hand, a friendly welcome and a bit of sympathy might be all it takes.  Four days in the PooperDome would have me on edge.  A welcome would go a long way to defusing the bomb.
Still, one eye open.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Houston is one lucky place, I feel bad for the people of Houston and the Cops
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Could be a problem, but they ARE in Texas now right!?! I thought Texans tolerate no crap.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The problem I see with letting them go free is saturation.  We can not handle an excess 2-3k homeless people in a radius of walking distance from the dome.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The problem I see with letting them go free is saturation.  We can not handle an excess 2-3k homeless people in a radius of walking distance from the dome.  

you should thin the herd, I won't say anything
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
dude.
What the hell are you doing living 10 minutes from the Astrodome?

UH main campus.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys need to show a little compassion. These people just lost all stability in their life: their home, belongs, and even family members. In many cases, they got on the bus not knowing where they were being taken. Just because they’ve sought help from the government doesn’t make them all ingrates. You’re treating them as if they’ve been infected with the plague. Sure, they may be from a lower socioeconomic level than yourself, but that doesn’t justify your ill treatment of them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dude.

UH main campus.

Don't sweat it bro!  Campus police got ya back right?  

EPOCH

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#20]
This is really a great opportunity for you to open your heart to some people who've really been through hell.  I am serious. If you can, do something, anything.  Buy a pizza, give them some blankets or clean old clothes you don't need any more.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thats why they were given bus passes
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You guys need to show a little compassion. These people just lost all stability in their life: their home, belongs, and even family members. In many cases, they got on the bus not knowing where they were being taken. Just because they’ve sought help from the government doesn’t make them all ingrates. You’re treating them as if they’ve been infected with the plague. Sure, they may be from a lower socioeconomic level than yourself, but that doesn’t justify your ill treatment of them.

Some of those fine upstanding evacuees earlier pulled a carjacking after being brought to Houston. They took a car of a volunteer bringing in supplies to help them. Many of these fine citizens are also gang members. There were reports of rival gangs fighting in the Superdome, these same people are now in Houston. And there were reports of women being raped in the Superdome, one of which was reportedly a child. Another woman was raped so brutally that both of her ankles were broken by the bastards holding her.  

I am willing to show compassion. But there are plenty of criminals in this crowd also, so my distrust of them would remain very high if they were in my area. It might be the healthiest thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dude.

UH main campus.

You should be pretty safe.  I doubt looters would want to raid a bunch of college dorms however I'd still keep one eye open at all times.  In fact, I'd just hunker down with all you've got at the ready until things clear up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#24]
On Fox news, these upstanding member of society also raped 2 little girls 9 & 10, and I think the said they murdered one of them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
dude.

UH main campus.

You should be pretty safe.  I doubt looters would want to raid a bunch of college dorms however I'd still keep one eye open at all times.  In fact, I'd just hunker down with all you've got at the ready until things clear up.

I don;t live in a dorm.  I rent a house a block away where alot of profs stay.  Only way I could have guns.  Thank God I made the right decision.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
On Fox news, these upstanding member of society also raped 2 little girls 9 & 10, and I think the said they murdered one of them.

Good Lord.

I suppose it was even worse than I thought. I only heard one girl mentioned in the report I heard. Perhaps they were even different cases.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My understanding is they are given wrist bands and can come and go as they please.  They aren't prisoners so they can't keep them there.

I'm worried because a majority of these folks have nothing left so what do they have to lose?

+1 houston needs to be real careful of this situation!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I sympathize, but they are still free Americans are they not?

These are the same folks who raped and looted back in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yeah!!!! Some of those refugees are sooooo dangerous and unworthy of sympathy and help…

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg
Aug. 31: Stanley Heinrich, 79, and his wife, Claudia, 78, wait to be evacuated out of the New Orleans Superdome.  

Source: Fox

Hmm your picture does not seem to represent 99.9% of the people i have seen on TV fighting outside of the dome.  And having fights on the bus.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yeah!!!! Some of those refugees are sooooo dangerous and unworthy of sympathy and help…

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg
Aug. 31: Stanley Heinrich, 79, and his wife, Claudia, 78, wait to be evacuated out of the New Orleans Superdome.  

so those are the sterile pics they send overthere
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

Hmm your picture does not seem to represent 99.9% of the people i have seen on TV fighting outside of the dome.  And having fights on the bus.

That picture comes from www.foxnews.com

Point being?  

I have watched over one hour of live coverage by the local news to past 1 oclock this morning.  Saw 2 fights and groups of screamers.  The pics you showed are simply the MINUTE minority.  As in less than 0.01%

Anyone think of mentally insane. No idea what meds they take.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

I done seen it on uh tee-vee!  I knows tha facts!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - New Orleans descended into anarchy Thursday as corpses lay abandoned in street medians, fights and fires broke out, cops turned in their badges and the governor declared war on looters who have made the city a menacing landscape of disorder and fear.

... Use your skillz bro, otherwise you will be eaten

... a sincere best of luck man, if I were there, I'd help defend your home
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

You're absolutely right. So lets just discriminate against all of them. Let Mr. and Mrs. Heinrich deal with it themself. You're a true American and should be proud of yourself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

You're absolutely right. So lets just discriminate against all of them. Let Mr. and Mrs. Heinrich deal with it themself. You're a true American and should be proud of yourself.

Must be easy to say that when the problem is half a country away
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

I done seen it on uh tee-vee!  I knows tha facts!

Where do you live?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

and they have to be wearing off soon. The wife and I had the same discussion earlier this evening
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

Point being?  

I have watched over one hour of live coverage by the local news to past 1 oclock this morning.  Saw 2 fights and groups of screamers.  The pics you showed are simply the MINUTE minority.  As in less than 0.01%

The point being????………

Well, the news networks are majoring on the looting, but thousands of perfectly decent people like Mr & Mrs Heinrich are also caught up in this.

But those people in wheel chairs on simply not on the buses.  They are being taken by totally different means as they have totally different needs.  

I was asking why it matters that you got it off of fox.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

Source: www.foxnews.com

Vito, there were hundreds of pictures on that site. Here are a few that I quickly pulled up...that are representitive of most pics there:

Some of the refugees would scare me if they were wandering around my neighborhood at night, with nowhere to go.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

On top of compassion, you should learn some respect. Don't talk to me about poverty and lawlessness. I walk and drive through some of the worst streets in our country, I know how these people think and act. You on other hand, have already demonstrated your ignorance regarding such matters. Go back to watching TV and gathering your facts from the liberal media.

What you've been fed, and what your whole argument is based on is biased.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

Point being?  

The point being????………

Well, the news networks are majoring on the looting, but thousands of perfectly decent people like Mr & Mrs Heinrich are also caught up in this.

and most likely staying in the dome, not wandering outside
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Here is Aussie news article I found for another perspective on the situation at the superdome.  I couldn't find the other thread so I stuck it here.  

www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16466739%255E1702,00.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

On top of compassion, you should learn some respect. Don't talk to me about poverty and lawlessness. I walk and drive through some of the worst streets in our country, I know how these people think and act. You on other hand, have already demonstrated your ignorance regarding such matters. Go back to watching TV and gathering your facts from the liberal media.

Did you read the part where I live right down the street from the dome?  The coverage I saw was basically a guy with a camera. Local media.  Not CNN turdbucket. Thats great you live in the slums but i don;t and don't want lawlessness around here.  WTF is your problem? Keeping these people contained is a good move for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/bimc89.jpg

I worked in these neighborhoods when I lived in NYC , my store was constantly getting ripped off by "wilding" local kids, I was assaulted with threats of murder at the peak of cracks popularity, I don't trust them nor believe in PC. I have facts to back up my shit and there was no flood going on either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Come on guys, where's our Southern hospitality?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Come on guys, where's our Southern hospitality?

We are very hospitable...  But don't take advantage of that or else

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top