Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2003 5:10:27 PM EDT
It takes my breath anway to see the egnorant retards that buy in to the idea of SUV being so harmful[rolleyes]

The minute increase if gases from the the large engines of SOME SUVs is nothing,you would save no more than the emissions from 0ne small 4 cyl. car if you pulled 50 SUVs off the read and put their drivers in smaller cars.

The handfull of liars that push these ideas most know that gas is only a small part of petroleum used by Americans and only about 40%-50% of what a car/truck will use.
The motor oil,brake fluid,trans. fluid,grease,ect can cause much more harm than gas if not properly handled.

Most "SUVs" are made by Japs and are very small with small underpowered engines and like the cars are unsafe.
The big SUVs Suburbans,Expeditions,and the 1/2 Jap Landcurisers cost more than alot of other trucks and are likely keeped in tip-top shape.
On the other hand cheap small cars are run in to the ground and pollute more and more as the years go by.

The fact of the matter is these bone heads don't have any idea what they are talking about,what a sad world we live in where people like that can go on the air and lie make asses of their selves and have millions follow their lead.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
So, it's your theory that something that weighs twice as much and uses more than twice as much gas doesn't pollute more?  I guess I should get rid of our 40 MPG VW station wagon at work and drive our 10 MPG suburban.  Ummm...you sure about your theory?z
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, it's your theory that something that weighs twice as much and uses more than twice as much gas doesn't pollute more?  I guess I should get rid of our 40 MPG VW station wagon at work and drive our 10 MPG suburban.  Ummm...you sure about your theory?z
View Quote

[^]

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look everybody one of the Astonishingly Stupid people I was talking about.

If you can find pruff that a suburban gets 10mpg I'll buy you a brand new VW to drive to the gay bar.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, Billy Joe! We got a fiesty 'un here!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, I got proof a Surburban gets 11 mpg. I drive one everyday and check the mileage at every fillup. What's the big deal in that??
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It takes my breath [red]anway[/red] to see the [red]egnorant[/red] retards that buy in to the idea of SUV being so harmful[rolleyes]

The minute increase [red]if[/red] gases from [red]the the[/red] large engines of SOME SUVs is nothing[red],you[/red] would save no more than the emissions from 0ne small 4 cyl. car if you pulled 50 SUVs off the read and put their drivers in smaller cars.

The handful[red]l[/red] of liars that push these ideas [red]most[/red] know that gas is only a small part of petroleum used by Americans and only about 40%-50% of what a car/truck will use.
The motor [red]oil,brake fluid,trans. fluid,grease,ect[/red] can cause much more harm than gas if not properly handled.

Most "SUVs" are made by Japs and are very small with small underpowered engines and like the cars are unsafe.
The big SUVs Suburban[red]s,E[/red]xpeditions,and the 1/2 Jap Land[red]curi[/red]sers cost more than alot of other trucks and are likely [red]keeped[/red] in tip-top shape.
On the other hand cheap small cars are run [red]in to[/red] the ground and pollute more and more as the years go by.

The fact of the matter is these [red]bone heads[/red] don't have any idea what they are talking abou[red]t,w[/red]hat a sad world we live in where people like that can go on the air and lie make asses of [red]their selves[/red] and have millions follow their lead.
View Quote

OK, I've just pointed out the most obvious spelling errors, non-existing words and flawed punctuation. I'm not even going to go into your stupid little elementary school drop-out logic.

Edited to add: Don't drink and post, man!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Your proof please?

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
C_Brooks.

Quit while you're behind, as  you won't win this one based on your flawed logic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the Toyota Highlander/Lexus RX300 is one of the highest rated {for safety} vehicles on the road.

I know the Toyota Sienna is the safest minivan, well in 2001 & 2002 it was.  The Subaru WRX is rated at 5 out of 5 stars for safety.

Where are your facts big guy?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
C_Brooks.

Quit while you're behind, as  you won't win this one based on your flawed logic.
View Quote

Take this man's advice, C_Brooks.

This horse isn't even going to come near the finish line.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys get in line and kiss my ass[:D] I work with public safty workers just about every day and they will tell you one only needs to cut 5 or 6 people out of Toyotas before you get the idea.

We need somebody,other than me who knows what the hell they are talking about,to stick a dummy in a car and run it in to a wall only tells you what will happen to a dummy run in to a wall.
Real life is another story but the folks who can teach you about that don't work for Insurance Institute.

So you guys say"flawed logic" then tell me how the small cars and "SUVs" that do so well in tests are made,do you know or are you just telling me what you saw on CNN.

To tell you the truth it's old cars/turcks that pollute the most there is no real way to test who many MPG a car gets unless you drive the same roads with the same number of red lights and the same number of other cars everyday over time and NOBODY has done that.

the idea of what you guys call "proof" is silly but if it's that tuff to think for your self them here:[url]http://www.safecarguide.com/exp/safety/idx.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually I could care less about the dummy results, but they do help tell a story of forces exerted.

I look for structural integrity in the videos.  I look for intrusions by the outside forces into the passenger cabin.

Maybe in your small town that is all that gets in wrecks, or all that your friends care to tell you about.  Living in a metro area with a few million people I can tell you I've personally seen the results of some pretty nasty accidents.  Even funnier, they were of all kinds of vehicles. ALL KINDS!!!! Deaths, dismemberments, walk aways, all kinds of results.

You can believe what you want about what little info you have gathered, the rest of the real world will work with the truth.

Thanks for playing.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh Boy, he's gonna try and pull it out. Don't say you weren't warned.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
What I hate is the push to restrict Diesel engined vehicles based on slighly high nitrogen emissions and high particulate emissions as a percentate of total exhaust while ignoring the actual volume of exhaust gases produced for a given amount of miles driven or work performed.  Idiots.

More feel-good get rid of the black smoke cars, crap.  I am convinced that liberals/enviro-nuts eventually destroy that which they claim to be protecting.  Can I get an AMEN?!  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Actually I could care less about the dummy results, but they do help tell a story of forces exerted.

I look for structural integrity in the videos.  I look for intrusions by the outside forces into the passenger cabin.

Maybe in your small town that is all that gets in wrecks, or all that your friends care to tell you about.  Living in a metro area with a few million people I can tell you I've personally seen the results of some pretty nasty accidents.  Even funnier, they were of all kinds of vehicles. ALL KINDS!!!! Deaths, dismemberments, walk aways, all kinds of results.

You can believe what you want about what little info you have gathered, the rest of the real world will work with the truth.

Thanks for playing.  
View Quote

Game over smart guy

#1:the city I come from has a higher number of people living in it than the state of VA.

#2:The total number of deaths in small cars is greater than ANY other.

#3:It's not prudent to be so presumpious,you may say something that will make you look like an ass.

Now lets see if bvmjethead will step up and say anything or maybe he has nothing and will just troll around some more.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What I hate is the push to restrict Diesel engined vehicles based on slighly high nitrogen emissions and high particulate emissions as a percentate of total exhaust while ignoring the actual volume of exhaust gases produced for a given amount of miles driven or work performed.  Idiots.

More feel-good get rid of the black smoke cars, crap.  I am convinced that liberals/enviro-nuts eventually destroy that which they claim to be protecting.  Can I get an AMEN?!  Planerench out.
View Quote

Your right but it's no so much the total volume of gases as much as it is the volume CO2 in the gas.

Carbon dioxide output is higher in a hotter engine,small cars run hotter.
So if a smaller cars emissions sys. is not working it will put more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere than a large car running right.

The funny thing about CO2 is that you can scrub it out of the air so we don't need to do anything or give up anything.
Go to a dive shop and they can tell you more about how to clean the CO2 out of the air.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#18]
When things go black in the daylight, and you look UP and see an OIL PAN & DRIVE SHAFT, you know you just tangled with a REAL MANS RIDE...!!!  Yeah, go on and "WHINE". blah blah,blah. Fact is the Pussy- Whipped HAVE to drive these toy pieces of crap.
Just remember Rain-bow people, these jap cars are brought to you by those wonderful people who "SPONSERED PEARL HARBOR". And to the Kruat huggers who drive vw's  'ZIEG HEIL'
We MIGHT WANT TO THINK about what is coming out of our kitchen fausets, INSTEAD OF WHAT WHO IS DRIVING.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While Mr. Brooks may not be a master of the English language, his claim that SUVs aren't as bad as we're led to believe, is in fact true.

Remember guys, these are the same people that want to ban everything that americans enjoy: SUVs, tobacco(or any other leaf), firearms...etc.

Cut the guy some slack.
View Quote

Thaks but even if I was a master of english these guys would find something eles other than the point to talk about.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for playing.  
View Quote

Game over smart guy

#1:the city I come from has a higher number of people living in it than the state of VA.[red]Oops...cover your ears darlin' - the metro area I was referring to was DC Metro....where in 1990 there were 3.9 Million people.  I think the current count is upwards of 5 million.  Where are you from sweety? Miami maybe?  Oops, you guys only claim about 2.2 million. Jacksonville? 1.1 million. Tampa? 2.4 million[/red]  

#2:The total number of deaths in small cars is greater than ANY other.[red]Agreed.  Mitigating factors?  More young drivers drive small cars is one big one.  There are too many factors to weigh this tidbit in on this discussion.  Like speed. Alchol.  Why would the car be blamed for the driver's idiocy?  Ever notice how old folks drive a lot of the full size cars?  And they creep around?  Speed and force creates auto deaths, big cars or small.  There are also a larger number of "small" (arbitrary term used to lump cars) cars travelling the lion's share of vehicle/miles per year.  So their chance of being involved in a fatal crash goes up.  Kind of like buying 10,000 powerball tickets at once.[/red]

#3:It's not prudent to be so presumpious,you may say something that will make you look like an ass.[red]Hah! Like your presumption that I was talking about some back woods Virginia city.  I'd have to venture a guess that Virginia is about 7 million people.  Even if you were in Miami you'd be about 5 million short.  Or roughly outnumbered 2:1.  BTW, we also rank #2 in vehicle miles travelled in the US and #2 in congestion.  We have more cars more traffic and roughly twice as many people as you have in any city in Florida.[/red]

Now lets see if bvmjethead will step up and say anything or maybe he has nothing and will just troll around some more.

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#21]
This is rich stuff man LOL!

I'm moved to Florida when I was 19,mitigating factors can't make a fact an unfact who is at falt has nothing to do with the pos car and there is no presumption here I can clearly see you are a jackass.

BTW:the numbers for 2002 look more like this,Tampa Bay 4.3million,Miami/Dade 6.1 million
and once again this is not even the point.

(DC Metro/tri state 6.8million)
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you can find pruff that a suburban gets 10mpg I'll buy you a brand new VW to drive to the gay bar.
View Quote

How about an '88 Suburban with the 454 and some 4.11's?

Does that count?  Probably not since you really don't have enough money to buy me a VW.  If it does, I'll take a Passat W8 4-Motion.

Thanks, champ!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is rich stuff man LOL!

I'm moved to Florida when I was 19,mitigating factors can't make a fact an unfact who is at falt has nothing to do with the pos car and there is no presumption here I can clearly see you are a jackass.

BTW:the numbers for 2002 look more like this,Tampa Bay 4.3million,Miami/Dade 6.1 million

(DC Metro/tri state 6.8million)
View Quote

You are right, but suddenly everybody sees you are talking out of your ass -- as usual actually.  Guess we could argue census numbers too......and Miami and Tampa are hours apart.  Hell there are more people in the DC Metro even by your numbers.[lol]  How many again were in the state of Virginia? 7 million plus?  No city in Florida has more than Miami/Dade, right?  Right.  So what city did you come from before you were 19?  Or was I right in assuming you were talking about where you are from now?

People will get dead in a big car or small car depending on the circumstances.  If you don't understand the higher rates of occurence, let me send you a transportation engineering book that will help you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
What did I tell you about being presumpious?

The guy that comes and cleans my pool has a W8,it's a POS 0-60 6+ secs.
His son has a golf and it's a pos too.

Looking out to my drive way I can't help but think what a total fu*king a$$ you are but thats ok.

I'll tell you what if you buy a W8 I will have a truck go up the VA and pick you and it up,then I'll take you to see my bud Skip in Sebring and I'll have him teach you how to drive it and if you can beat me in a 5 five lap race I'll pay the damn thing off for you.

I know your much to smart to buy all this but think about,I would never tell the other AR-15.commers if you did not want to me to.

I'm talking out of my ass?
I'm just telling the truth,more people live in DC so what.
And what do you meant by where I'm from now?
Now we are down to me being a lier insted of you being right thats just sad.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#25]
i drive a '88 ford f150  extended cab.  it gets 9-10mpg in the city and about 12 on the highway.  

once i hit 2 full grown deer at the same time, full broadside on both, at a full 65 mph.  those deer weighed 150-200 lbs. each.  my grille guard broke one in half and the other rolled head-over-heel under the vehicle.  wes craven could not have staged a more grusom scene than what remained of those two deer.

me, my wife, and all 3 kids were in the truck and we drove away with no mechanical damage and very little body damage to the truck. (bent licence plate, trim tore off, and pushed in bumper.)

that is why i drive a gas-guzzling, smog-belching, beast of a vehicle.  that one incedent is worth every penny of extra gas.

i won't get into the advantage on snow and ice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Looking out to my drive way I can't help but think what a total fu*king a$$ you are but thats ok.

I'll tell you what if you buy a W8 I will have a truck go up the VA and pick you and it up,then I'll take you to see my bud Skip in Sebring and I'll have him teach you how to drive it and if you can beat me in a 5 five lap race I'll pay the damn thing off for you.

I know your much to smart to buy all this but think about,I would never tell the other AR-15.commers if you did not want to me to.

I'm just telling the truth,more people live in DC so what.[red]You made an incorrect statement, not me.[/red]
And what do you meant by where I'm from now?[red]If you are referring to ANY city in Florida your demographics show you will not see as many crashes as here. if you are from somewhere else let's talk about how many vehicle miles that place consumes and see if your test bed is lacking in the diversity it needs to be scientific.  Like relying on Joe Bob the EMT for vehicle safety tips.[rolleyes][/red]
Now we are down to me being a lier insted of you being right thats just sad.[red]What's sad is you put a bet out there for a new VW if there is a Suburban getting 10mpg or less.  Backed down.  Then you spout off about how the city where you are from has more people than all of Virginia.  Now we are to racing for a new VW W8.  Further, we are still at odds that all small cars are a piece of shit because Joe redneck from some majot city in Florida says so.
View Quote

Blah, blah....now the rules to your bet have changed. Above you said if I could show you proof of a Suburban getting 10mpg you would buy a VW for one of us.  I can get you proof of a Suburban getting 10mpg or less.  What did I presume this time?  That you need a demographics lesson before you spout off numbers you know nothing about?  That you need a transportation/traffic safety lesson to understand that if you drive 1 mile a year you are 1000000% less likely to get in an accident if you drive 100,000,000/year?  More "small" cars, again I believe a Ford Taurus might even count, are out there driving more miles higher chances to be involved in accidents higher chances of have fatalities, despite design superiority or lack of same.  How does that make them POS's?  Let's make the race at Summit Point so I can have a track that I'm familiar with and make it a 5 lap race and I'll give you a head start of 10 seconds.  I'll use my buddies car and you can have whatever you can get.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ice too huh?  Wow you must have a "super" truck[rolleyes].  Unless you mean 4wd and steel studded tires.  Oh, I can get those too.......for my Subaru WRX.[lol] [noclue]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Something like that with me as well,I had a bad rollover and walked away.

It was the talk I had with the EMT that started me looking in to this type of this.

I work with alot of race teams and safety is alway first on your mind and not one of the small cars on the market today safe,nothing about the way they build them will take the force of impact off of you.

No matter what they can talk people in to paying them the damn things get people killed everyday.
Now ask your self what type of fool sends his wife and kids out in some small car so he can save a buck on gas[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just telling the truth,more people live in DC so what.[red]You made an incorrect statement, not me.[/red]
And what do you meant by where I'm from now?[red]If you are referring to ANY city in Florida your demographics show you will not see as many crashes as here. if you are from somewhere else let's talk about how many vehicle miles that place consumes and see if your test bed is lacking in the diversity it needs to be scientific.  Like relying on Joe Bob the EMT for vehicle safety tips.[rolleyes][/red]
Now we are down to me being a lier insted of you being right thats just sad.[red]What's sad is you put a bet out there for a new VW if there is a Suburban getting 10mpg or less.  Backed down.  Then you spout off about how the city where you are from has more people than all of Virginia.  Now we are to racing for a new VW W8.  Further, we are still at odds that all small cars are a piece of shit because Joe redneck from some majot city in Florida says so.
View Quote

Blah, blah....now the rules to your bet have changed. Above you said if I could show you proof of a Suburban getting 10mpg you would buy a VW for one of us.  I can get you proof of a Suburban getting 10mpg or less.  What did I presume this time?  That you need a demographics lesson before you spout off numbers you know nothing about?  That you need a transportation/traffic safety lesson to understand that if you drive 1 mile a year you are 1000000% less likely to get in an accident if you drive 100,000,000/year?  More "small" cars, again I believe a Ford Taurus might even count, are out there driving more miles higher chances to be involved in accidents higher chances of have fatalities, despite design superiority or lack of same.  How does that make them POS's?  Let's make the race at Summit Point so I can have a track that I'm familiar with and make it a 5 lap race and I'll give you a head start of 10 seconds.  I'll use my buddies car and you can have whatever you can get.
View Quote

LOL! what a buch we are.
I can't spell and you can't seem to read,what did I say about older cars and trucks that don't run well?
How much better is a 88 small car the 88 Suburban?
If you need help getting car the VFW fixs up and sales old cars to low income folks for cheap,they may have a VW for you.

And as for your race,I have the keys to something the likes you have never seen but I can take it out of Sebring.
I'm to going to some shit track they likely don't even keep up so I can brake a car that costs more that you house dick weed you will have to play with you buddies 911 or Mustang or what ever bull shit car he has on BY-YOUR-SELF!
Show me a W8 and we can talk if not go the hell away.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Full size SUV's, while not particularly safer for the occupants, are certainly more efficent at killing people who get involved in collisions with them. I don't see the sense in equating killing power to safety.

I actually don't have a problem with SUV's, except for their enormous emissions, it's the assholes driving them that cause all the trouble.

(edited for spelling: emissions)
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#31]
C-BROOKS  you are an ass,every body here but you know that large Vehicles get low gas mileage!

And almost all 350 CUB INCH Vehicles get about 8 to 12 miles per gal!   Pulling hard or just soft footing them!     Nobody says you can't drive what ever you can afford(just don't try to BS US)!    Hauling a lot of ass uses a lot of gas!

And you spelling Natzis are what use up the BW(making everybody use spellcheck just to post to you).

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#32]
My English teacher would have already committed suicide reading this thread.

That all I have to say.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#33]
by C_Brooks:
View Quote

I'm guessing that you're going to renege on this deal now?  Since you've twice posted other "bets" to be taken after being challenged on this statement.

SUV's are certainly more harmful to the enviornment.  For example, they consume twice as much plastic, steel, and raw materials.  They do use more gas.  They even take more rubber.  Your mouth is talking about things your brain isn't comprehending.  

Certainly, a more massive object will impart more force upon a less massive one.  However, there are more factors to consider than relative mass of the involved bodies.  Angle of incidence, position of impact, structure and composition of the materials involved, etc.  

Now, what were you blathering on about again?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Hold on! it just hit me LOL! the WRX is that littel crap car,if that what you call a fast car then this is no way to spend my time.

What a slow POS,here is the ad on it:

Subaru Impreza WRX is [red]one[/red] of the fastest [red]production[/red] sports cars under [red]$25,000US[/red]

Take it easy there Subaru,how many Qualifiers do you guys need?

0-60 6.0secs please[rolleyes] I can go to any highschool and grab a Z28 to kick your ass if I ask for the damn Lingenfelter I'll look like an fool.

You should have told me you are a small time punk.

Goodbye
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#35]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ice too huh?  Wow you must have a "super" truck[rolleyes].  Unless you mean 4wd and steel studded tires.  Oh, I can get those too.......for my Subaru WRX.[lol] [noclue]
View Quote

two wheel drive trucks are a useless oddity in montana, unless you want to leave it parked for about 4 months of the year.  4wd is a nesscessity for those who have to drive on winter roads.  front wheel drive cars are better, but i will take a 4wd anyday.  

I also have no problem with your subaru wrx if it works for you.  I can clear snowdrifts twice as deep as you can in the subaru. you may not need this, but i do.  

the point i was trying to get across in my first post is that a car like your subaru would probably been totaled and you would most likely have had two deer sitting in your lap after they flew through the winshield. most accidents are not front end collisions with brick walls.  i am still driving the truck with no repairs done to it.  i trust it to take me and my family where we need to go safely.  i do not trust a car.

yes, i do know all about roll-over and cornering, but i am not racing to get anywhere.  if driven PROPERLY nobody can argue about the safety of a large vehicle compaired to a small one. size and weight matter, so does construction strength.  it's physics- the larger, heavier, sturdier object always crushes the small, lighter, flimsier object.  Sorry, if you don't like it, buy an SUV.

p.s. my "fuel-efficient" vehicle is a jeep grand cherokee.  i am safer in that than a subaru too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
if driven PROPERLY nobody can argue about the safety of a large vehicle compaired to a small one.
View Quote

The reverse is equally true.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I made the little bet with some dick nambed zoom and he did not post again.

So one of you guys bring up some old ass truck and then you win something is that it[rolleyes]

You can't just play with facts in order to make people think you are right the force you hit a small car with is not why they have a higher death toll it's the force they can't take than gets people killed.

You silly people can't seem to understand the site I posted but it's not that tuff.
You guys say that the nubers lie due to the large nuber of young poeple who drive small car but it clealy shows 4691people 70 and up die most offten and they are not knon to drive small cars so why do they die.
Old people are weaker but young people are for the most part not so if they are in the best shape why don't they do better?
It's the small cars,they don't stand a chance.

The also says "occupants of the lightest cars have dramatically higher death rates."
Is that just the young people too?

So you guy want to make the point that if we had the same nuber of small cars and SUVs on the road they would have the same number of deaths right,well light trucks and SUVs make up about 30% on all autos on the road in the US so then we have the other 70% and out of that just say 1/2 are full size and mid size cars.

So at 35% of all cars on the road small cars and SUVs nubmer about the same so when I read something like this I know I'm right.

"In relation to their numbers on the road, small cars account for more than twice as many deaths as large cars."

and that would be what I was blathering on about.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
C-BROOKS  you are an ass,every body here but you know that large Vehicles get low gas mileage!

And almost all 350 CUB INCH Vehicles get about 8 to 12 miles per gal!   Pulling hard or just soft footing them!     Nobody says you can't drive what ever you can afford(just don't try to BS US)!    Hauling a lot of ass uses a lot of gas!

And you spelling Natzis are what use up the BW(making everybody use spellcheck just to post to you).

Bob [:D]
View Quote

Gogd*mn it! are you all fools?

I did not say that large Vehicles don't get LOWER  mileage and for Chrit's sake do you know how many things have 350ci engines?!?

A 2003 Corvette has one and it get 20mpg

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Da_Bunny,Your a chick.....right?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Now I will advise you to quit while you're still above water.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#42]
we can all agree that

1. larger, vehicles can withstand more of an impact.

2. larger vehicles use more gas and give off more polution.

3.  accidents are unpredictable and no two impacts produce the same results on different cars or SUVs.

4.  everyone uses their vehicle for different purposes and in different conditions.

5.  i laugh at those foolish little death trap cars and they sneer at my pollution machine.

why don't we all drive whatever the hell we want, for the reasons that we want, and leave the other guys' choice alone.

one more thing - the extra gas i use cost less than fixing most minor damage on a car from a fender-bender in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#43]
C_Brooks, when facts and logic fail, I see you resort to name calling and repetition of your previous blather.  We don't like that around here. You could try Duhmocratic undeground, though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What I hate is the push to restrict Diesel engined vehicles based on slighly high nitrogen emissions and high particulate emissions as a percentate of total exhaust while ignoring the actual volume of exhaust gases produced for a given amount of miles driven or work performed.
View Quote

That's funny. In Europe they are actually pushing the Diesel engine as enviromentally friendly, which has led to rather sophisticated and clean Diesel engines, especially by Peugeot, Mercedes and VW.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:38:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
While Mr. Brooks may not be a master of the English language...
View Quote

...but where he really sucks is basic physics.
It takes more energy to propel 5,000 pounds than 2,000; thus a Suburban uses more fuel than a econobox.

Cut the guy some slack.
View Quote

No. Why would I? His initial post wasn't only dumb, it was also rude.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And to the Kruat huggers
View Quote

Pffft. Where would I be without Kraut huggers?
Btw., my VW was made in Pennsylvania, not many Nazis there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:45:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

What [i]is[/i] your point anyway? First you mumble about how SUVs allegedly get the same gas mileage as econoboxes, then you go on about safety, and now you're into census data. You are a bit incoherent.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:55:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Unless we all ride bicycles we are all guilty.

Going to extreems and being violent and destroying property has never been the way to win the hearts and minds of the general people.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Something like that with me as well,I had a bad rollover and walked away.
View Quote

Here would be where a mean person would mutter "but not without some damage to your brain, obviously", but I won't do that.

At any rate, I'm not too fond of SUVs ever since some moron in a Jeep Cherokee accelerated into one of my VWs and hit my rear end with about 45, while I was at a complete, traffic-related rest.
Doesn't do me any good if people in those SUVs are safer when there are idiots behind the wheel who I wouldn't trust on public streets with a pedal-propelled tricycle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I did not say that large Vehicles don't get LOWER  mileage
View Quote

Oh yes, you did, in your initial post:
[red]C_Brooks:
The minute increase if gases from the the large engines of SOME SUVs is nothing[/red]

10mpg vs. 35mpg is not what I would call a minute increase, and since you qualified it with "SOME SUVs", you are clearly implying that one doesn't have even this "minute" increase with "MOST SUVs"

A 2003 Corvette has one and it get 20mpg
View Quote

Basic physics again. The 2003 Chevy Suburban (3/4 ton, 4wd) has a curb weight of 5796 pounds, whereas the 2003 Corvette Coupe weighs only 3246 pounds. So of course the Corvette needs less gas than the Suburban, there's less weight to propel. Also, you did notice that in comparison to the Corvette, the Suburban is about as aerodynamic as a 6-storey apartment complex in East Germany, didn't you?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top