Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 1:49:18 PM EDT
It's about fvcking time! I guess he will refocus his efforts on making many more millions in the used car business.

Assistant Sheriff Don Haidl Resigns

Cites Hardship Of Son's Rape Charges

Sep 24, 2004 6:28 pm US/Pacific
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) The Orange County assistant sheriff whose 19-year-old son faces rape charges in two separate cases resigned Friday, citing the personal hardship the cases have brought to his family.

Assistant Sheriff Don Haidl's son Gregory is charged with the videotaped rape of a teenage girl in 2002 and with statutory rape for allegedly having sex with an underage girl earlier this year.

"As you know, the past two years have been extremely difficult for my family," Haidl said in a letter to Sheriff Michael S. Carona. "The accusations against my son (have) put a spotlight upon us and (have) been both heartbreaking and burdensome.

"As a father and a husband and my strong belief in Greg's innocence, I feel that I have a much higher duty to center my life around my family during this difficult time. I can't imagine any parent making a different choice," Haidl said.

The statutory rape case against Gregory Haidl was brought after sheriff's deputies responding to a noise complaint at a San Clemente house in July said they found evidence he and a 16-year-old girl had sex there.

The girl, who said the July 13 encounter with Haidl was consensual, sued the district attorney in federal court in August, claiming a search warrant to obtain her DNA sample as evidence violated her civil rights. The girl's lawyer, Adam R. Stull, said she will not cooperate with authorities.

Haidl is also one of three men charged with the videotaped rape of a teenage girl at a July 2002 party at the home of his father, who was not home at the time.

Their first trial ended June 28 with jurors announcing they could not reach a unanimous verdict. The three are now scheduled to be retried on Jan. 31.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't cases for the father.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Kinda one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't cases for the father.

Perhaps.  But Greg Haidl is quite the little monster which even his father should have figured out by this point.  Greg puts on quiet demeanor for court, but the fact of the matter is he has a violent gangster persona outside the court room.  He is a sex predator who targets teenage girls.  He is a grown man, over 6 feet tall, who drugs his victims who are typically petite 16yo females, they never have a chance.

A responsible father would not be funding his defense.  In another time the responsible response would have been to put him down like the monster he has become. Greg is truely blessed that he does not live in Texas.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
He wasn't even a real cop.  He's just a rich business man who donated money to the Sheriff's Department.  

He's just a bit less qualified than Miller of LAPD.  You know, the guy so stupid he "forgot" he had his .38 in his computer bag and tried to get on a plane at LAX the other day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top