Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 7:17:30 AM EDT
www.detnews.com/2003/specialreport/0312/15/a01-7981.htm

GRRRRRR.

The "expert" cited in the article is none other than Whit Collins, who I understand to have at one time been a consultant for Handgun Control, Inc.

Nice expert.

Collins probably drafted that article for this asshat.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel dumber for wasting my time reading that slanted "journalism".

I hope this person gets 're-educated' by some mugger some time.

jeez...
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
they use "clip" in the article

they picture a Lorcins/Jennings

they are idiots.. but have the support of many
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#3]
This author is attempting to make a case that any semi-auto handgun without a magazine safety is sub-standard for some reason. He honestly doesn't sound like he has a clue about firearms.

Perhaps anybody with a small amount of firearms related knowledge can be an "authority" on firearms, particularly for people who don't like guns but choose not to know the first thing about them. This is probably especially true when the "authority" preaches the same line of bullshit they like to hear.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, but didn't you guys "feel" the pain of those gun victims? Let's not let a couple of facts get in the way of this article that was only written to save the lives of the people being killed by guns that don't have upwards of 30 safety features on them. Look they're minorities too. That makes it even worse. Let's make guns so expensive that poor people can't afford them.[bounce]
That ought to stop crime...right ?   [chainsawkill]

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#5]
...when an SKS in the hands of a friend standing next to him began firing in full automatic mode without the trigger being pulled. The friend panicked and threw the gun in the air.
View Quote

Now that guy is a genius. Gun starts firing so what should we do with it... hmm. maybe throw it and hope it stops!? bah.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#6]
That part about the SKS's burned me.

Most problems of that sort on SKS's can be easily traced to one of three things.

1.  The dumb shit bought a gun in which every nook and cranny was filled with cosmoline and never cleaned it, causing either the firing pin to be "bound" in the fire position or the trigger group to stick.

2.  Amature "trigger jobs" where they filed too much off the hammer and sear engagement surfaces.

or

3.  Garage gang-bangers trying to turn the SKS trigger group into full auto.  (It apparently works, but doesn't stop firing until the magazine is empty, regardless of whether you release the trigger or not).

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I emailed the author and told him that a magazine safety is a liability on a defensive firearm, at least according to the FBI procurement types.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top