Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 12:17:42 AM EDT
Putting an inmate into seg..
'Had to use force re. search...
Three of us each take our turn exiting the cell... I go second after advising the inmate to stay still until we're all out...
I let go, make a half turn to get thru the door to leave and.... wammo! the idiot wacks me in the back
I turn around thinkin' WTF? I can't believe you just did that
After a brief stare-down and a couple o' wacks in the side of the head (not mine) it's done....
How friggin' embarassing...

I gotta learn to walk backwards...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Hosehead hit ya when you weren't lookin eh?

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose your nickname "girlieman" had nothing to do with it?
just kidding
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I assume that he was put into segregation for a reason?

I am not in corrections but do occassionally deal with a criminal element. My rule is to never turn my back on a known problem child. They're there for a reason. Sorry, done with my lecture.

So , you okay?

ETA and I trust that the inmate was properly tuned up?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I assume that he was put into segregation for a reason?

I am not in corrections but do occassionally deal with a criminal element. My rule is to never turn my back on a known problem child. They're there for a reason. Sorry, done with my lecture.

So , you okay?

ETA and I trust that the inmate was properly tuned up?

I wouldn't usually turn my back on 'em either, but with two other officers present I figured I was okay... hey... maybe it wasn't the inmate who hit me.....
I wasn't really injured. Well my feelings were hurt ...'Called me nasty names
The last CO in the cell handed out a couple o' wacks to the head... nuttin' too harsh. 'reminded me of the "Don't touch the hair" scene at the dinner table with Travolta in Sat. Night Fever
Charges pending...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
This happened in Canada? Prisoners in Canada get a beat down when they act up like here in the US as well? Thought they were treated with kid gloves up there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This happened in Canada? Prisoners in Canada get a beat down when they act up like here in the US as well? Thought they were treated with kid gloves up there.

Well y'see we can afford to 'cause we gots all that free health care an 'all....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
And the crook didnt go to the ER?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
You shoulda maced him until your can was empty, or at least beat him senselesss with your baton
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I figured the proper arfcom response was you should have drawn down.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Uh-oh... I see "sensitivity training" on your training schedule for next month.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You shoulda maced him until your can was empty, or at least and then beat him senselesss with your baton

Fixed it fer ya
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Transfer him to this jail.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=380196

They will take care of that behavior.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I figured the proper arfcom response was you should have drawn down.

Most of us are smart enough to realize that he wasn't carrying in that situation.  But he did throw rocks at the guys dog on the way home from work though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Far be it from me to critize.....But dang man....

US prisons would eat you alive.

NEVER turn your back on a con.

I don't KNOW, but, 3/4 of my last TXARNG unit were made up of  Prison gaurds.

They told me

1.  Never go into corrections.

2.  Never turn your back on a con.

BTW....You're damn luck it wasn't a shiv.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
girlieman huh?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife is a warden here in Az., but went to Canada last month to tour a prison (Central North) and said the inmates get "afternoon tea and biscuits".
ETA:
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Canada Has Prisons?
I thought M. Moore said you don't have crime because your all disarmed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My wife is a warden here in Az., but went to Canada last month to tour a prison (Central North) and said the inmates get "afternoon tea and biscuits".
ETA:

Central North... (CNCC) www.centralnorthcc.ca/ is a privately run detention center... Run under contract by an AMERICAN company(Managemnet & Training Corp) www.mtctrains.com/
It's a couple hours from where I am....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ETA:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Girlieman/cncc.jpg
Central North... (CNCC) www.centralnorthcc.ca/ is a privately run detention center... Run under contract by an AMERICAN company(Managemnet & Training Corp) www.mtctrains.com/

Canadian law, bro....

Or, are you saying that Canada surrenders it's soverighty to a US company?

Nah..I didn't think so.

Tea and biscuts will be at.....3?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought you Canadians were supposed to be easy going?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Hickory shampoo?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ETA:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Girlieman/cncc.jpg

Run by a US company, but all policy and procedure is set by the ...........Canadian Govt.
ETA:glad you're OK, I spent years working in the prison system here in Az
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad you were not seriously hurt.

Many years ago my partner and I was called upon to assist a county jailer in moving one of our prisoners we contracted with them to hold... down stairs to seg.  It was totally hands on... and I am the hands... once we got to the cell as there was not room for three of us to go through the narrow seg cell door at the same time.  So my partner rolled off at the door and I took the inmate to the back wall.  Unknown to me the goofy jailer was worried about the guys property and had quickly bagged it in trash bags as we took him out of his regular cell to take him down stairs to the seg cell.

My partner rolled off at the door.  As I said, I took the clown to the back wall and began to back out of the cell.  The goofy jailer had tossed the property in bags in the very narrow seg cell behind me as I was pushing the clown to the back wall.  I did not know all that crap was blocking the floor behind me.  As I backed out, I started to get tripped up stepping on the bagged property on the floor behind me.  The clown took that distraction to rush me, and I caught him and started pushing him to the back wall again.  My partner about climbed over me to get to this clown when this happened.

I was not so happy with that  jailer.  Screw the property!  Had I turned to walk out... the clown would have jumped me.  Since the jailer hindered my exit... that gave the clown a chance to rush me... but I was able to see his advance.

In any case... live and learn... partners or not, don't turn your back.  You sometimes can't be sure what the others you work with will do.  In my case, the jailer did NOTHING more that collect the inmates property as we dragged/struggled with the inmate as we moved hin down to seg.  He was NO HELP... and actually caused a distraction allowing the inmate to think he could get in a free shot at me.  I don't know if it was totally the distraction of me tripping up that caused him to act, or him seeing me step all over his property after we dragged his ass down a flight of stairs that set him off further.

stay safe... watch your six (sometimes you can't be sure that others will!)
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Canadian law, bro....

Nah..I didn't think so.

Yes... We have entitlements to tea and biscuits and bedtime snacks written into our Constituton
I doubt you'll find any jail anywhere that doesn't feed it's inmates snacks from time to time....
'Not a big deal...
As far as soverinty goes.... Buddy, our sovrenty is illusionary. We haven't had it since I dunno when
Hell recently there's a case in the news wher a Canadian was wanted in the US by the DEA re. some marijuana charge.... Selling seeds I think... The US authorities asked the RCMP to arrest the guy (They did) and now he's facing extradition to the US... The guy never set foot into the US...
There was some objection to the process but for the most part Canadian Law enf. where tripping over eachother to do the DEA's bidding....
Hell... there is even a BATF office in Toronto!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Isn't the BATF office in Toronto there to stem the flow of evil weapons FROM the us?
I heard something recently about it at the same time the mayor of Toronto was talking about  storing all privately owned guns in city armories.
ETA: insane, I tell you, insane
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Canadian law, bro....

Nah..I didn't think so.

Yes... We have entitlements to tea and biscuits and bedtime snacks written into our Constituton
I doubt you'll find any jail anywhere that doesn't feed it's inmates snacks from time to time....
'Not a big deal...
As far as soverinty goes.... Buddy, our sovrenty is illusionary. We haven't had it since I dunno when
Hell recently there's a case in the news wher a Canadian was wanted in the US by the DEA re. some marijuana charge.... Selling seeds I think... The US authorities asked the RCMP to arrest the guy (They did) and now he's facing extradition to the US... The guy never set foot into the US...
There was some objection to the process but for the most part Canadian Law enf. where tripping over eachother to do the DEA's bidding....
Hell... there is even a BATF office in Toronto!

Messin with you man

Glad you weren't hurt.

Seriously.  Don't turn you back, though.

Glad you got he JBTs on your side of the border too
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Messin with you man

Oh, I figured that.... Mess on
I can take it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top