Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:16:56 AM EDT
If a kid a year younger than me takes a punch at me and I beat the ever loving shit out of him is that assault.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Bust him in the lip and find out
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
yes
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
It might not be assault, but it is probably battery.  

Why the age factor?  How might that be relevant?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay what if he busts me in the face and I take him down.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well there is a certain right of self-defense; it sounds like you are looking for a fight though and trying to get out of responsibility for it.  More info might be helpful, but I would also state you have a general right to self-defense.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Some emo asswipe living up the street yell "faggot" at me (I am NOT gay) and tells me to walk over to him. There are chicks present when he tells me to talk to him, so I think that he is trying to prove that he is so tough that he can beat up someone bigger than him, I don't want to fight with him but so help me if he hits me I will lay that little shitass out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
What if you go to jail and someone bigger than you sodomizes you?  Is it rape?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
"minimal amount of force to stop the threat", hit him ONE TIME after he's no longer a threat and a hardass could get you prosecuted for assault.

ETA: walking over to him when called out puts you in the situation of having to explain how you were attempting to avoid a fight when you did that.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Some emo asswipe living up the street yell "faggot" at me (I am NOT gay) and tells me to walk over to him. There are chicks present when he tells me to talk to him, so I think that he is trying to prove that he is so tough that he can beat up someone bigger than him, I don't want to fight with him but so help me if he hits me I will lay that little shitass out.

Ignore him.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
It sounds to me like somebody in that situation needs to be the adult, and it looks like it will have to be you.  Act like an adult and ignore him.  By all means do not hesitate to defend yourself, but DO NOT go to him.  If he comes to you and strikes you, then by all means defend yourself, but do not instigate an altercation.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#11]
In deference to dale's advice above (especially the final clause), you might be able to get away with a snicker and a headshake.  When he states "The guy was laughing at me," you can say "I honestly thought the guy was kidding; I was just letting him know I 'got the joke'."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top