Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2001 4:30:31 AM EDT
What do you think about assassination as a matter of policy for the State of Israel?

Should we think about doing the same? Or do we already do it?

see story from Melbourne Herald Sun at: [url]http://worldnetdaily.com/frame/direct.asp?SITE=www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,2483992%255E1702,00.html[/url]

Eric The(Zionist)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The army said in a statement it would pursue its policy of killing and kidnapping Palestinians considered a risk to Israeli security, a policy Gissin said any other state would use in similar circumstances.
View Quote

Don't they consider most Palestinians a risk to Israeli security?

Those damn Palestinians...if only they would stop getting mad over having their land stolen and their homes bulldozed.

Anyway, I'm in no mood to argue over this right now so I'll stop.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Don't they consider most Palestinians a risk to Israeli security?

Those damn Palestinians...if only they would stop getting mad over having their land stolen and their homes bulldozed.

Anyway, I'm in no mood to argue over this right now so I'll stop.
View Quote
Oh, you mean the desert wasteland that was there before the Israel's turned it green.  Check your history, that area has been claimed by one race or religion and then lost to another group for thousands of years.  For that matter, most of the Arab countries such as Syria and Iraq are on what was once considered Palestinian ground.  Why are they raising hell at those folks?  Don't say it's because they are treated better, because the Palestinians in those area are actually worse off.  Maybe it's because some Palestinian leaders have proclaimed that Israel should not exist under any circumstance.  For a while, I thought maybe the Israeli's were being obstinate, but the more it goes on, you see what the deal really is and that is destruction of Israel no matter how many concessions they make.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I vote YES.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Someone, I forget whom, once said, "War is just diplomacy by other means." Assassination is just war on the small scale, and much less costly than a full-out, total war.

If people like Abu Nidal (killed Leon Klinghoffer, an American Jew on that cruise liner in the 80's) and Osama bin Laden knew that this country held the lives of its citizens to be precious and that we would hunt you down anywhere in the world and kill you as you killed, there would be a lot less terrorism in the world. The price of an American life is far too low on the international market right now.

Remember Colonel Higgins in Beirut? Remember the 241 Marines and Sailors blown up in Beirut in 1983? Remember the Army Rangers on Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie? Their killers are walking the earth today. Those responsible for the Lockerbie bombing are just now being sentenced to life in prison. They should have been shot in the back of the head by a Delta operator many years ago as an example to the others. When the price of killing an American goes up high enough, it will be considered a luxury in which it is too expensive to indulge.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What do you think about assassination as a matter of policy for the State of Israel?

Should we think about doing the same? Or do we already do it?

Eric The(Zionist)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I never answered your original question...I have no problem with assassination.  It makes no sense to me that we can drop bombs on cities but we can't go cap Milosovic.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That'd be one way to protect the Government from some radical right wing pro-2nd amendment/pro-freedom terrorists hell bent on regaining freedoms.

I'd hate for my wife and kids to get killed by agents because I got drunk and talked a lot of shit in a bar.

Can't say I can completely agree with it at this point.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That'd be one way to protect the Government from some radical right wing pro-2nd amendment/pro-freedom terrorists hell bent on regaining freedoms.

I'd hate for my wife and kids to get killed by agents because I got drunk and talked a lot of shit in a bar.

Can't say I can completely agree with it at this point.  

View Quote

Oh shit...good point.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[I never answered your original question...I have no problem with assassination.  It makes no sense to me that we can drop bombs on cities but we can't go cap Milosovic.
View Quote

Isn't there an executive order (by Ford I think) that makes it illegal to assassinate leaders of foreign states?   I believe it was to keep our leaders from becoming targets.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Post from WMitty -
Isn't there an executive order (by Ford I think) that makes it illegal to assassinate leaders of foreign states? I believe it was to keep our leaders from becoming targets.
View Quote

Yes, and there has been much discussion about rescinding the executive order.

I don't see why our leaders should feel so much more threatened by foreign assassins, there has never been a lack for domestic assassins.

BTW, Ford was the target of two assassination attempts himself.  BTW, which he survived.

Eric The(ThoughI'dBetterThrowInThatSurvivedPart)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't see why our leaders should feel so much more threatened by foreign assassins, there has never been a lack for domestic assassins.

Eric The(ThoughI'dBetterThrowInThatSurvivedPart)Hun[>]:)]  
View Quote

Agreed.   I fully agree with Jarhead_22 that American life is considered cheap.

Perhaps a better executive order is that instead of going after the individuals who carry out commands, we should state that it is the governments position to go after those giving the orders.  It always seems to be some rich/old guy filling up someone else with rhetoric and sending them out to do their bidding.   In this case, I would think that it would not be considered assassination.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Post from Jarhead 22 -
. When the price of killing an American goes up high enough, it will be considered a luxury in which it is too expensive to indulge.
View Quote

Amen to that, Brother![>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the way the terrorists who killed the athletes in Munich were dealt with.

Sometimes assasination is the only way to get things done.

Link Posted: 8/1/2001 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Although I don't approve of premeditated murder, "assassination" frequently leads to the saving of lives. Is one life worth that of dozens, hundreds, or thousands? Think of the bloodshed that would have been prevented if Hitler had been taken out, or Hussein, etc.     And despite what "policy" states, I'll guaran-damn-tee you that it happens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top