Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2002 10:23:50 PM EST
It's hard for me to do this, but pride is a deadly sin so here goes. I've been unemployed since April 16th, and things are getting rough. I've sold off what I can except for my guns and it looks like those are going to go soon. I've been on one interview since I was let go, and that looked promising until they decided to hold off on the project and hired someone else. If some of you would be so kind, I'd appreciate a prayer or two for my family and me. I know God never gives us more than we can handle, but I think I'm just about at my wits end. I haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in weeks and the vultures are already circling. I just don't know what to do anymore. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:29:04 PM EST
... I'm not much for prayer (I should be) but I certainly hope you find a fine job soon. ... Look into every avenue, don't constrain yourself to one field. You are good at many! God Bless Texas (and your mission too)
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:33:21 PM EST
Dont give up, things have a way of working themselves out....Confederate
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:37:20 PM EST
Hang in there. Been there, done that, still wearin' the T-shirt. It's just about time to rotate us to the top for a spell.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:39:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:53:34 PM EST
You got it! Hang in there!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:21:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/27/2002 12:41:20 AM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:33:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:44:30 AM EST
Well, hope you get something soon. Besides, if theo (OBSD) hates you, you must be doing something good, and have some worthwhile skill [:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:52:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:28:34 AM EST
You have our prayers, I have been there, it can be tough. But with faith and hard work yuou will get through it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:37:18 AM EST
You gotta make sure you don't let yourself become paralyzed with depression over it. You have to make finding a job a fulltime effort until you land one. It's a numbers game. Send out 400 resumes, go on 20 interviews and choose from 3 offers. Just like sales only you are selling yourself. It's hard to do when you are down, but perseverence will pay off in the end. No, you might not get the perfect job this time around, but you can always keep looking.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:41:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/27/2002 2:55:31 AM EST by Benjamin0001]
GBT, What do you do GBT??? Anywayz Prayers sent!! Ben
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:56:14 AM EST
Hey, it is never that bad. If you do get to feeling depressed, do me a favor, give me a call at (607)-271-9522, day or night, collect please. If my wife answers, tell her you need to speak to Bill. Finding work is stressful, just don't let it get you down. Your in my families thoughts, my fear is that there are going to be many more people in the same boat shortly.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:08:29 AM EST
God Bless [b]GodBlessTexas[/b]! With a chosen name like yours, I don't think the Heavenly Father will find much reason not to answer the fervent prayers of a righteous people. Consider the prayers as already rising from the lips of your brothers and sisters to the Ears of the Almighty! I will send you my cell number by IM for you to use if you have any questions, or need any special help from your brothers in Christ. Now, let's get down to the business at hand: Let it be Holy Father, even as Your child desires, bless him in each and every way, be with him and his family in this hour of great need. Bind him up Holy Father, keep him and his family in the Palms of Your most merciful Hands. Furnish him now, Holy Father, with his simple heartfelt request for a manner in which to take care of his family. Your child desires only that which You have promised to him and to all your children who believe on You. Bless him, Father, and bless us in our prayers of agreement for him now. Glorify him, Lord, in his prayers, and give to him the full measure of Your mercy, pressed down, and overflowing. Let Your answer to his prayers and our prayers be such as to glorify You in the tender mercies and loving kindness that You openly bestow on our brother. All this we faithfully ask in the Name of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom [u]all[/u] things are possible, Amen. Eric The(GoWithGod!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:12:36 AM EST
why don't you go to truck drivin' school? you just need a small down payment( two or three hundred dollars i think)and in three weeks you'll be making bucks. usually the company that hires you through the school will pay off the rest as you work(from your check of coarse) this country needs thousands of drivers every year, there is no shortage of jobs. as for praying, for get it, i belive in my self not some false prophet from a story book..
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:17:03 AM EST
God Bless, Good Luck, and Take Care! ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:17:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/27/2002 3:23:59 AM EST by Benjamin0001]
jRatliffe, This is a personal thread. <--Just a reminder. Some people do things a little different around here. I for one find the word. VERY VERY VERY DEEPLY SATISFYING. The Huns prayers have filled many cups, and it looks like at some point in the future you might be thirsty , so better let it fill yours too. Ben
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:37:43 AM EST
Prayers sent GBT...I am sure you will have an answer soon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:53:00 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:59:20 AM EST
Have faith, trust God. Good things are going to happen. Prayers are with you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:07:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Let it be Holy Father, even as Your child desires, bless him in each and every way, be with him and his family in this hour of great need. Bind him up Holy Father, keep him and his family in the Palms of Your most merciful Hands. Furnish him now, Holy Father, with his simple heartfelt request for a manner in which to take care of his family. Your child desires only that which You have promised to him and to all your children who believe on You. Bless him, Father, and bless us in our prayers of agreement for him now. Glorify him, Lord, in his prayers, and give to him the full measure of Your mercy, pressed down, and overflowing. Let Your answer to his prayers and our prayers be such as to glorify You in the tender mercies and loving kindness that You openly bestow on our brother. All this we faithfully ask in the Name of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom [u]all[/u] things are possible, Amen. Eric The(GoWithGod!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
I'll second that. Best wishes GBT.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:10:49 AM EST
I could not have said it any better than Hun (Darn Hun you are good!). So I repeat his prayer for you. As was said by many, make looking for work a full time job. Any work is better than no work at this point. One door closes and another opens. I hope in a very short while you are sharing with us a new beginning, one that truly lifts your spirits.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:13:05 AM EST
GBT, You and your family will be in mine! I hope things will get better soon. riddler
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:26:39 AM EST
Don't despair. I've been in the oil business for the past 24 years. Since 1982, I've seen lots of folks lose their jobs. I've personally suffered through two job disruptions in the past 5 years. In each case, I eventually found better opportunities. Men are the leaders of the family and we unselfishly give our love and support. But sometimes we need to lean on our family to help us through bumps in the road. There is no shame in this. Don't lay around and wallow in despair. Get out and stay active. Use this as an opportunity to do the things you didn't have time for when you were working fulltime. My yard has never looked better than it did the 3 months I was last off. Above all, know that the Lord will support you. Now I'm not saying boxes of food are going to magically start appearing on your doorstep. But pray to God with the assurance that he will give you the confidence to live your life with dread of tomorrow. His will give you the peace you need to look beyond the temporal storm swirling around you. Good luck and God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:39:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: God Bless [b]GodBlessTexas[/b]! With a chosen name like yours, I don't think the Heavenly Father will find much reason not to answer the fervent prayers of a righteous people. Consider the prayers as already rising from the lips of your brothers and sisters to the Ears of the Almighty! I will send you my cell number by IM for you to use if you have any questions, or need any special help from your brothers in Christ. Now, let's get down to the business at hand: Let it be Holy Father, even as Your child desires, bless him in each and every way, be with him and his family in this hour of great need. Bind him up Holy Father, keep him and his family in the Palms of Your most merciful Hands. Furnish him now, Holy Father, with his simple heartfelt request for a manner in which to take care of his family. Your child desires only that which You have promised to him and to all your children who believe on You. Bless him, Father, and bless us in our prayers of agreement for him now. Glorify him, Lord, in his prayers, and give to him the full measure of Your mercy, pressed down, and overflowing. Let Your answer to his prayers and our prayers be such as to glorify You in the tender mercies and loving kindness that You openly bestow on our brother. All this we faithfully ask in the Name of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom [u]all[/u] things are possible, Amen. Eric The(GoWithGod!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
AMEN!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:45:14 AM EST
Damn, hope you find something before you have to start selling off the firepower. I've been through hard times with my pops before and we've lost some damn nice guns from it. Keep your head up and perservere.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:54:06 AM EST
Hang in there GBT, you are not alone! Prayers sent! Tough times don't last but tough people do, and you are a lot tougher then you might think!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:11:14 AM EST
GBT, What kind of work are you in? If you tell everyone what you do or what experience you have then maybe someone will have a buddy somewhere that can help you. I've seen God do some amazing things by networking the old fashioned way -- by word-of-mouth through old friends! Who knows what's in store? Big things I bet! I know that God has a plan for you and if you have a little faith, He will get you through to where you need to be. Hang in there and may God bless you and your family! BBURN
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:20:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:28:24 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:51:38 AM EST
Ditto the Hun.....Keep the faith GBT, if it gets too heavy, ask for help, we're here.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:08:37 AM EST
What is your career field and area of speciality. If I remember correctly, you are in the IT area. I hear about jobs periodically.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:26:41 AM EST
GBT, you and your family will be in my daily prayers until I hear otherwise. I have been unemployed since Oct. of last year. If we'd stayed in Texas, I'd probably be working by now. I am now looking at jobs that pay 1/3 of my former salary. ouch! My wife is working and if I have to, I can dip into our retirement funds and survive for another year, but that's the last thing I want to do. May God bless you and your family brother.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 7:57:18 AM EST
GodBlessTexas, you and your family are in my thoughts. ARH
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:56:42 AM EST
GBT... I grew up in a home in which my mother and father at times were just barely hanging on to their mortgage, bill payments and their sanity. From my perspective (the perspective of a proud son who looked up to his father) it wan't easy, it was painful and at times almost unbearable. But my father never gave up and he persevered. Things began to turn around for my folks a bit. They have since become new home owners in a new state and are managing well. My father was once a Vice President of a Fortune 500 company...he is now a used car salesman, but despite how hard it must be for him to face this reality when he wakes every morning, he continues to rise and face each days challenge, and sometimes he even makes some good money...either way, the bills are paid and things have gotten brighter, and I couldn't have more admiration or respect for anybody else than I do for him... My point...never quit...never give up...improvise, adapt and overcome. You have our support and our faith... Semper Fi, from one proud Texan to another... Good Luck brother
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:12:55 AM EST
My most sincere wishes on you finding a GOOD job and turning things around for you! Hang in there bro! Eric
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:14:04 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:41:47 AM EST
A lot of the initial work of finding a job is knowing someone who knows someone (aka. networking). Please let me know what you do? I currently work for a Fortune 100 Company in DFW as a recruiter and may know of someone who can help you, especially in IT. If that fails, I don't mind working offline with you to fine-tune the job finding skills (resumes, interview techniques, etc.). You do have comrades who can help! frisco
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:52:49 AM EST
Check your E-mail and the prayers are going out also
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:54:50 AM EST
God Bless GodBlessTexas! With a chosen name like yours, I don't think the Heavenly Father will find much reason not to answer the fervent prayers of a righteous people. Consider the prayers as already rising from the lips of your brothers and sisters to the Ears of the Almighty! I will send you my cell number by IM for you to use if you have any questions, or need any special help from your brothers in Christ. Now, let's get down to the business at hand: Let it be Holy Father, even as Your child desires, bless him in each and every way, be with him and his family in this hour of great need. Bind him up Holy Father, keep him and his family in the Palms of Your most merciful Hands. Furnish him now, Holy Father, with his simple heartfelt request for a manner in which to take care of his family. Your child desires only that which You have promised to him and to all your children who believe on You. Bless him, Father, and bless us in our prayers of agreement for him now. Glorify him, Lord, in his prayers, and give to him the full measure of Your mercy, pressed down, and overflowing. Let Your answer to his prayers and our prayers be such as to glorify You in the tender mercies and loving kindness that You openly bestow on our brother. All this we faithfully ask in the Name of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom all things are possible, Amen. Eric The(GoWithGod!)Hun may i add my prayers also.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:05:56 AM EST
lord,please watch over our brother and his family in this hour of need.we humbly ask that you help him through these trying times and comfort him and his family and we ask that Jesus guide him and show him the that all will be well.In the Name of The Father,The son and The Holy Spirit,Amen
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:13:44 AM EST
Let it be Holy Father, even as Your child desires, bless him in each and every way, be with him and his family in this hour of great need. Bind him up Holy Father, keep him and his family in the Palms of Your most merciful Hands. Furnish him now, Holy Father, with his simple heartfelt request for a manner in which to take care of his family. Your child desires only that which You have promised to him and to all your children who believe on You. Bless him, Father, and bless us in our prayers of agreement for him now. Glorify him, Lord, in his prayers, and give to him the full measure of Your mercy, pressed down, and overflowing. Let Your answer to his prayers and our prayers be such as to glorify You in the tender mercies and loving kindness that You openly bestow on our brother. All this we faithfully ask in the Name of Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom [u]all[/u] things are possible, Amen. Eric The(GoWithGod!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Amen! Shok
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:30:26 AM EST
Sorry to here of your the temporary setback your having. God helps those to help themselves. Let your creditors know you are good for the long run. Most will work will you. Look in the phone book under Debt or the web. There are people who will work with you and anybody you owe money to. These people work for FREE. In VA one is called Debt free friends. Look at places you wouldn't ever think of working. It has always worked for me in the past. Take the entry level job and bust ass in it you will be surprised at. Most jobs even technical job are not brain surgery. Think of the entry level job in another field as going to school. My last job I managed 24 tech. I quit. I went to a completely different field and worked hard to learn all I could and it paid off. It took 4 years, but I am ahead of my old peers. I have changed careers 4 time and I am only 39. Life WILL be good again . God Bless from My family to Yours
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 12:38:44 PM EST
GBT, Prayers sent. May God use your opportunity to show his power and mercy. Keep the faith!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 1:17:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:46:48 PM EST
Things may look bleak right now, but in a few months you will be looking back with great relief and moving forward. When vultures rear their ugly heads, just remember too prioritize food and shelter first and unsecured credit, last. I will be keeping good thoughts for you and your family. Don't get frustrated and don't lose your cool. You will get through this!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 3:03:26 PM EST
Prayer on its way... May His Peace give you rest and hope. He is watching over you..He will never forsake you or desert you. My brother in law had some job troubles and difficulty in finding his current job..compounded by financial difficulty and poor health..He was just about at the end of his rope ..praying nightly and going back to church nothing seem to ever go right for him..after a few months of doubt and hard times he finally landed a job that didnt pay well but paid the bills and had good health insurance. Most of all it was something he could still do well at inspite of his health problems..His financial woes arent all behind him ..he is doing much better and I believe he is going to come out ok..I also believe that the Lord got him this job..one he could handle and one he was hired for inspite of his past problems and he is doing well at it...God Bless you and yours things will turn for you.. It will be exiting to hear how the Lord is working this out in your life..please keep us posted..
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:23:59 PM EST
Tell us what you do! If we don't know your skills, and areas of experience we cannot help you network! With a degree, in Texas, it is a SNAP to find employment as an educator. Even without a degree, substitute teaching can help pay the bills until a full time position arrives at your door. This is the main hiring time of year for school districts. TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:17:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 6:23:15 PM EST
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top