Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 8:14:45 AM EST
Not nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be, but not enjoyable. Results in a week.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:16:12 AM EST
Good luck to you!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:19:28 AM EST
Had my first scope last month...clean as a whistle, drugs were freekiing something else...
Good luck to you...all will be well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:20:14 AM EST
Do you feel like you've been kicked in the nads?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:20:22 AM EST
Howd they get the sample.?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:20:56 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:
Howd they get the sample.?
View Quote

Google it. It ain't pleasant to think about.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:22:01 AM EST
How old are you? What were your symptoms?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:26:37 AM EST
They use a single multi-function probe they stick up your ho-haw a few inches. The doc injects a dose of lidocane (pain killer) through the probe into the prostate. Then, again using the same probe he takes multiple core samples--think I counted about 15. The discomfort (aka pain) was mild--much less than I expected. No paon at all now, an hour later. No blood either.

There's no one that's a bigger pussy than me about medical procedures, but this was a non-event. Wouldn't want to do it very often, but It's no big deal.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:27:07 AM EST
tell us what led up to your biopsy - routine exam and something didn't look right?

also what are the odds the test comes back unhappy?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:28:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By skipsan:
They use a single multi-function probe they stick up your ho-haw a few inches. The doc injects a dose of lidocane (pain killer) through the probe into the prostate. Then, again using the same probe he takes multiple core samples--think I counted about 15. The discomfort (aka pain) was mild--much less than I expected. No paon at all now, an hour later. No blood either.

There's no one that's a bigger pussy than me about medical procedures, but this was a non-event. Wouldn't want to do it very often, but It's no big deal.
View Quote

EEEK -they shoved a sharp stick up your pee pee hole!!! You are a MAN among MEN my friend.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:29:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 8:31:15 AM EST by RDTCU]
Originally Posted By FordGuy:

EEEK -they shoved a sharp stick up your pee pee hole!!! You are a MAN among MEN my friend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Reminds me of the tiny screwdriver sets that have clear instructions not to shove them in your dick.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:30:02 AM EST
Wait until you have your next orgasm and see all the blood and shit. Takes a good 5-6 jacks to get rid of it. I know from experience.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:30:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By EDDIECRUM:
How old are you? What were your symptoms?
View Quote

69 years old. No symptoms. Slowly climbing PSA over the past year. Went up a full point. Doc said any rise over 3/4 point in a year is something to follow up on.
There are probably valid arguments for not doing anything other than watching it for another year, but ya gotta trust somebody, and the doc was pretty adamant that the biopsy was appropriate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:31:55 AM EST
thanks for taking the time to give the AAR, but accuracy is important.

Did they shove the needles up your pee hole or up your ass? No need to be all cutesy about the terminology.

Just tell us.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:35:22 AM EST
Hope you get the news you want!

Got violated from behind yesterday. 2nd time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:35:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 8:36:24 AM EST by FordGuy]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
thanks for taking the time to give the AAR, but accuracy is important.

Did they shove the needles up your pee hole or up your ass? No need to be all cutesy about the terminology.

Just tell us.
View Quote

OP, please say it was your ass. I cannot tolerate a sharp stick in my pee pee hole.

wow, sigline material.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:37:09 AM EST
The probe goes up the rectum far enough to be directly adjacent to the prostate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:37:54 AM EST
Did you prepare your anus?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:38:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 8:40:07 AM EST by FordGuy]
The probe goes up the rectum far enough to be directly adjacent to the prostate.
View Quote

Thank goodness.

edit: hold up- so they jabbed you in the ass with a sharp stick fifteen times? ONE JAB - they get one jab. then I am wrecking the place.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:41:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 8:43:02 AM EST by BillofRights]

Thank goodness.

edit: wait - so they jabbed you in the ass with a sharp stick fifteen times?
View All Quotes

Thank goodness.

edit: wait - so they jabbed you in the ass with a sharp stick fifteen times?

Jesus Christ, he had me worried with all his Ho-haw lingo and the resultant mis-translation.

Forgot to add, Good Luck with the results, OP.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:53:56 AM EST

Thank goodness.

edit: hold up- so they jabbed you in the ass with a sharp stick fifteen times? ONE JAB - they get one jab. then I am wrecking the place.
View All Quotes

Thank goodness.

Yeah, I thought it was a bunghole procedure, but I wasn't sure if there was some new frontdoor procedure I hadn't heard of...

Reminds me of that butt-stabber news story a couple weeks ago
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:00:48 AM EST
Funny, I would have thought it would have hurt more once the anesthesia wore off. Good for you for getting checked out. I know guy's hate the idea of a prostate exam, but caught early enough, it can save your life.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:05:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:
Funny, I would have thought it would have hurt more once the anesthesia wore off. Good for you for getting checked out. I know guy's hate the idea of a prostate exam, but caught early enough, it can save your life.
View Quote

Two hours now, and no pain. The only thing that really hurt was the lidocane injection to get things started. The core sampling (15 stabs with a spring-loaded needle) I could hear (a distinct "click") were almost painless.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:10:22 AM EST
I had one of those in 2011 and it came back positive for cancer. I had a PSA of 8.5.

I spent a good portion of 2012 getting treatment.

My PSA now is .9.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:12:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 10:15:07 AM EST by Him]

View Quote

You might want to rethink the pain thing after you take a leak later.

Sorry, I think I mis-understood your medical terms, and I thought they went in through the urethra.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:43:13 PM EST
Im a bit confused.

They say the colon/rectum is a tube....and the prostate is another animal but next to the tube. How the hell do they punch a hole in the tube to get a core sample and keep it "clean". It's not just a tube, it's a shit tube. I'm thinking they essentially put shit spackle in your prostate and whatever's in your prostate in your tube ie cross contamination.....

Seems unhealthy, like sticking a sanitized screwdriver up there and poking around.....

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:13:13 PM EST
Im a bit confused.

They say the colon/rectum is a tube....and the prostate is another animal but next to the tube. How the hell do they punch a hole in the tube to get a core sample and keep it "clean". It's not just a tube, it's a shit tube. I'm thinking they essentially put shit spackle in your prostate and whatever's in your prostate in your tube ie cross contamination.....

Seems unhealthy, like sticking a sanitized screwdriver up there and poking around.....

View Quote

I always wondered the same thing. How can you take a needle, stick in your rectum, then push it into your prostate? Seems like a great way to get a nasty infection.

Apparently they load you up with antibiotics before and after the procedure.

Still...

RF
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:14:42 PM EST
Im a bit confused.

View Quote

Your understanding is correct. Part of the procedure protocol is doses of Cipro antibiotic taken days before and after the procedure. Just before the procedure, a shot of some other anti-biotic in the ass is administered. The written instructions provided by the doc include warnings that if any fever is experiences, get to the ER as that's an indication of infection and worthy of immediate attention
Top Top