Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 8:32:21 AM EDT
Accepted a job offer within my company awhile back and Saturday is the day I leave. Traveling from Ohio to Arizona, personal car, no moving truck or anything of that sort. So ask away!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Will you open carry when you get to your new home?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
did your employer not tell you that AZ is full
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Haha no chance on that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you really fit all of your belongings in your personal vehicle?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Haha no chance on that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha no chance on that.

Go away, we're full... of awesome people who will open carry. If you like California this isn't the state for you, keep pressing west until you hit the ocean them go 500ft more.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's all I really want to know.

We moved recently and our contents filled up and entire moving truck, my car and my wife's mini van.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard it's pretty packed, at least I'll have help moving
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having a bunch of it shipped along with clothes and other personal stuff in the car. I'm buying pretty much all new furniture so I'm starting off fresh! Except this shit gets quite expensive...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope you like Mexicans, sunburns and fake tits.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Go away, we're full... of awesome people who will open carry. If you like California this isn't the state for you, keep pressing west until you hit the ocean them go 500ft more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha no chance on that.

We can open carry in Ohio and I still never felt the need. Plus I hate California and you couldn't pay me twice what I'm making to live there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We moved recently and our contents filled up and entire moving truck, my car and my wife's mini van.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm younger so not married plus not in a extremely long relationship so the only items I need to worry about is clothes, guns/ammo, personal stuff, other things here and there. I already purchased a bed set, mattress, couch, living room accessories to be shipped to my new place. I have been using the items I grew up with so its time to start new! Which I quickly learned eats away the gun fund drastically.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm younger so not married plus not in a extremely long relationship so the only items I need to worry about is clothes, guns/ammo, personal stuff, other things here and there. I already purchased a bed set, mattress, couch, living room accessories to be shipped to my new place. I have been using the items I grew up with so its time to start new! Which I quickly learned eats away the gun fund drastically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit is expensive yo!

Congrats on your new life.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#13]
As a recent transplant out here, I say welcome!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hope you like Mexicans, sunburns and fake tits.
View Quote

tell me more about the fake tits... as long as the Mexicans continue to make delicious food
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Good luck in the next chapter of your life.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to AZ!

What part of the state are you moving to?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Do you like fishstdicks?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for choosing Arizona.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Welcome to AZ!

View Quote

Queen Creek!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do you like fishstdicks?
View Quote

Nope but I heard Kanye does
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Any of the Arizona locals who commented, any good recommendations for ranges out here? Preferably steel, long range, I'm used to paper punching with a maximum of 200 yards so anything steel will be a blessing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Do you have XM/Sirius in your car?  Satellite radio is great!  Are you gonna stop for cool or interesting things along the way?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any of the Arizona locals who commented, any good recommendations for ranges out here? Preferably steel, long range, I'm used to paper punching with a maximum of 200 yards so anything steel will be a blessing.
View Quote

Drive 15 min out into desert... bLM land is your new friend..
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Queen Creek!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to AZ!

Queen Creek!
Ahhh - wonderful time of the year to move to the "Valley"....

You might want to check in at the AZ HTF for information on long range shooting places, I'm up in Prescott so the guys down in the Phoenix area will be more familiar.

Ben Avery Shooting Facility will certainly get you out to 200 yards, for longer range stuff (actually for most shooting) most of us just go out into the desert and set up our own ranges...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#25]
fdasjkfads
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Have you already paid Rizzo his ammo tax?

If you haven't you'll have issues crossing the border.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, you can go to Rio Salado but it's usually chock full of idiots. I go out past Gold Canyon now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bureau of Land Management I take it.. Looks like that would be a good option, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you have XM/Sirius in your car?  Satellite radio is great!  Are you gonna stop for cool or interesting things along the way?
View Quote

Yeah I have satellite radio so that will be put to good use. Yeah I have a couple places I'd like to stop, mostly to pick up a few lowers at some dealers that seem cheap, along with any good restaurants on the way out. My move in date is the 7th so I have 3 days from when I leave.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ahhh - wonderful time of the year to move to the "Valley".... You might want to check in at the AZ HTF for information on long range shooting places, I'm up in Prescott so the guys down in the Phoenix area will be more familiar.
Ben Avery Shooting Facility will certainly get you out to 200 yards, for longer range stuff (actually for most shooting) most of us just go out into the desert and set up our own ranges...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_8/13_Arizona.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to AZ!

Queen Creek!
Ahhh - wonderful time of the year to move to the "Valley".... You might want to check in at the AZ HTF for information on long range shooting places, I'm up in Prescott so the guys down in the Phoenix area will be more familiar.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_8/13_Arizona.html

Yeah I have seen it has been raining with 108 degree plus weather for what seems like the last few weeks so it should be interesting coming from rural land going out and setting up ranges seems like what most people do.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yup, you can go to Rio Salado but it's usually chock full of idiots. I go out past Gold Canyon now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is pretty close to where I will be located, by the Superstition Mountains I take it? I may have to take a drive out there before I start work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, didn't you get that memo?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah I have satellite radio so that will be put to good use. Yeah I have a couple places I'd like to stop, mostly to pick up a few lowers at some dealers that seem cheap, along with any good restaurants on the way out. My move in date is the 7th so I have 3 days from when I leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you buy a lower in a state that you are not a resident?
I know you can buy rifles/shotguns as long as there are not any state laws that say different.
I don't know about lowers since they are transferred as "other" on the 4473.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I know you can buy rifles/shotguns as long as there are not any state laws that say different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was planning on stopping in and having it shipped to my new place of residence since my car will be completely packed, but I could ask I guess?. No different than me ordering a couple of Anderson and spike blems from Oklahoma and having them shipped to Ohio I would assume?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Was planning on stopping in and having it shipped to my new place of residence since my car will be completely packed, but I could ask I guess?. No different than me ordering a couple of Anderson and spike blems from Oklahoma and having them shipped to Ohio I would assume?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it shouldn't be any different as long as the store will cooperate.
I just wanted to make sure you knew that you couldn't just walk out the door with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top