Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:26:28 AM EDT
So I ask an honest question and the topic gets locked.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384688

This topic was to be an honest discussion on the future impact of Katrina on the black community there. It wasn't some post. I wasn't saying I was glad about it.

Fucking whatever.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:27:40 AM EDT
Don't question authority.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:27:59 AM EDT
hurting someones feelings = bad .. ok.?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:28:59 AM EDT
Funny how people think that a comment about the MAJORITY of the ethnic population is considered racism. I thought racism consisted of commenting about the MINORITIES?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:29:33 AM EDT

New Orleans always had a vibrant Black community and culture, back to colonial days. I would assume that rebuilding that, along with the physical things, will be very difficult.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:30:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 9:30:11 AM EDT by roboman]
Your original thread gets locked so you post another thread to complain?

You're a regular goddamn genius, aren't you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:30:06 AM EDT
There are a bazillion "black community" topics going (most now locked) and we really only need like one, don't ya think?

You know this is getting locked, right?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:30:07 AM EDT
HMMMM Lets see....

From arizona--- Check
Trouble maker---- Check

Yup all the makings for a Troll..

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:30:25 AM EDT
I happened to agree with you, but the site is private property.

They make the rules...I dont have any problem with that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:30:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
HMMMM Lets see....

From arizona--- Check
Trouble maker---- Check

IBTL
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:31:40 AM EDT
For the sake of argument, how is Katrina going to affect the black community differently than the white community, hispanic community, or cajun community?

(ok, the cajun community will be fine, I realize. More gators and crawfish? Right in town? Mmmm boy!)
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:32:04 AM EDT

HMMMM Lets see....

From arizona--- Check
Trouble maker---- Check

w00t!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:33:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:

Well I made you read it and post on it. So who is the real genius?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:33:21 AM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:34:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:34:32 AM EDT
IBTLOMOP.

In Before The Lock On My Own Post.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:34:41 AM EDT
I hear what you're saying, but IBTL. Some things are best saved for private IM's/e-mails.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:35:10 AM EDT
It will never stop.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:36:07 AM EDT
Are you going to try a third thread after this one gets locked?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:37:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

That's sig line material right there ^^. If only I could get it to fly. ::thinking if the consequences are worth it::

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:37:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2A373:
Are you going to try a third thread after this one gets locked?

Depends on far this one goes.

Katrina and the black community...it'll never die. w00t!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:38:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:40:07 AM EDT

HMMMM Lets see....

From arizona--- Check
Trouble makerNot a PC pussy---- Check

Yup all the makings for a Troll.. sounds like an independant thinker

fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:40:34 AM EDT
Locky, locky, locky..hey, anybody want to talk about locking AK muzzle brakes to the threads, what do you use for thread locking, guys ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:42:00 AM EDT
I would have replied there but, well, I refreshed after it was locked.

There's a guy in downtown NOLA right now blogging about the whole thing. These are his words:

Looting
Right now we're trying to show you all the looting. Guys pushing shopping carts with 40 Nike boxes in them. People breaking into cars. Assaulting ATM machines. It's hard just to sit by and do nothing. That's property that belongs to other people and these animals are just taking it.

You know, this crisis is going to end. One day it is going to be over, and people are going to have to live with themselves and the knowledge of how they behaved. The cowards, the thieves, the murderers. We're getting a guy on cam right now stealing tires from one car and putting them in his car. What a bunch of monkeys. No respect at all for their fellow man. Like I said, one day this is going to be over, and I hope the shame overwhelms these bastards.

I am about one shopping cart away from going down there and saying, "Yo homie, is that my briefcase?"

Feed: mms://204.251.3.10:3349

Edit: It's sad that I have to add this disclaimer, because some people are so hypersensitive to language, but "monkeys" and "animals" has NO racial undertones at all in the above, as was suggested by some dipshit in the comments section. If you're watching the cam you'll note that there are WHITE people, BLACK people, and HISPANIC people looting. It's interesting to note that I see no ASIANS looting, but I'll leave that observation to the sociologists to explain. Back to the point, don't bring your PC bullshit to this blog. This crisis is not about race, but about inhumanity. Got it?

So to single out one race is kinda silly don't you think? He's there, you aren't.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:42:30 AM EDT

Best comeback I have heard since Lumpy's "Idiot" comeback
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:43:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Originally Posted By BigDozer66:
It will never stop.

BigDozer66

Wanna bet?

Nope. Not me brother!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:45:03 AM EDT
All the animals come out on the internet - nuts, racists, cop-bashers.

Some day a real Mod's gonna come down and wash all the scum off this message board.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:46:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:
I would have replied there but, well, I refreshed after it was locked.

There's a guy in downtown NOLA right now blogging about the whole thing. These are his words:

Looting
Right now we're trying to show you all the looting. Guys pushing shopping carts with 40 Nike boxes in them. People breaking into cars. Assaulting ATM machines. It's hard just to sit by and do nothing. That's property that belongs to other people and these animals are just taking it.

You know, this crisis is going to end. One day it is going to be over, and people are going to have to live with themselves and the knowledge of how they behaved. The cowards, the thieves, the murderers. We're getting a guy on cam right now stealing tires from one car and putting them in his car. What a bunch of monkeys. No respect at all for their fellow man. Like I said, one day this is going to be over, and I hope the shame overwhelms these bastards.

I am about one shopping cart away from going down there and saying, "Yo homie, is that my briefcase?"

Feed: mms://204.251.3.10:3349

Edit: It's sad that I have to add this disclaimer, because some people are so hypersensitive to language, but "monkeys" and "animals" has NO racial undertones at all in the above, as was suggested by some dipshit in the comments section. If you're watching the cam you'll note that there are WHITE people, BLACK people, and HISPANIC people looting. It's interesting to note that I see no ASIANS looting, but I'll leave that observation to the sociologists to explain. Back to the point, don't bring your PC bullshit to this blog. This crisis is not about race, but about inhumanity. Got it?

So to single out one race is kinda silly don't you think? He's there, you aren't.

I have yet to see any Hispanics or Whites in any of the footage from any of the networks. None. Nada. Zilch.

Am I missing something here?

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:50:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 9:51:51 AM EDT by macman37]

Originally Posted By BigDozer66:

I have yet to see any Hispanics or Whites in any of the footage from any of the networks. None. Nada. Zilch.

Am I missing something here?

BigDozer66

Yes you are.

In the few minutes of the news I was able to catch this morning before I left for work I saw a helicopter shot down at a group of 10-15 people shuffling through ankle deep water on a street. The group was mostly black but there were 4 or 5 white people among them.

ETA: And the guy who's blog I quoted says there are not just black people doing it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JCKnife:
For the sake of argument, how is Katrina going to affect the black community differently than the white community, hispanic community, or cajun community?

(ok, the cajun community will be fine, I realize. More gators and crawfish? Right in town? Mmmm boy!)

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:52:01 AM EDT
Whoever locked your post said it was apparently because you wanted to do the site or community "Harm". I say that is bullshit! It looked like a very fair question to me. Maybe if you dropped the word "Black" and just asked what the long term effects would be on the community.

I do not see a problem with asking race related questions. It does however bring out the worst in some people.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:55:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sum-rifle:
Whoever locked your post said it was apparently because you wanted to do the site or community "Harm". I say that is bullshit! It looked like a very fair question to me. Maybe if you dropped the word "Black" and just asked what the long term effects would be on the community.

I do not see a problem with asking race related questions. It does however bring out the worst in some people.

Nope. He could've posted in this one:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384606

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:00:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

Originally Posted By sum-rifle:

Nope. He could've posted in this one:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384606

I didn't see any other threads related to what I was asking. Nor did I feel like looking for 30 minutes to see if I could find one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:03:52 AM EDT

Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:43:59 AM EDT

Ask an honest question...get locked.

Welcome to arfcom, where we must not offend ANYONE
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:43:16 PM EDT

HMMMM Lets see....

From arizona--- Check
Trouble maker---- Check

AB
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:44:56 PM EDT
Not even a team member stirring the pot
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:45:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:

Ask an honest question...get locked.

Welcome to arfcom, where we must not offend ANYONE

Actually we can offend Christians and Whitey, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:46:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Not even a team member stirring the pot

One of the benefits to team membership is the right to start shit?

Maybe I should join.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:51:04 PM EDT
I'm I the only one here that knows thebeekeeper is a man of colored persuasion?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:53:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Coop_K:

Some day a real Mod's gonna come down and wash all the scum off this message board.

How poetic would it be if that mod's uername was Katrina.

Bad idea.
And no troll accounts with that name either.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:58:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunner1X:
I'm I the only one here that knows thebeekeeper is a man of colored persuasion?

Everyone is just a name on a screen to me.

TBK1 is a fine man, and I had a very positive business deal with and I could not give a shit if he was purple.

If he was purple......I would.....(maybe behind his back) laugh at his ass.
Top Top