Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/2/2004 3:41:08 PM EDT
Every time I post something about being a libertarian or read someone else's libertarian post, I get the feeling that libertarians arent welcome.  Its always "Bush is god, and anyone that doesn't think so is a pinko commie who gladly fellates Kerry while giving him their vote."  And I have only been here a week.

So speak up.

*Why the hell cant I post a poll?*
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Every time I post something about being a libertarian or read someone else's libertarian post, I get the feeling that libertarians arent welcome.  Its always "Bush is god, and anyone that doesn't think so is a pinko commie who gladly fellates Kerry while giving him their vote."  And I have only been here a week.

So speak up.

Ditto
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We don't allow libertarians to post polls...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Bunch of pub nazi's here for sure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been bashed for being Christian, for being republican, for shooting a stray animal, for.....you get the idea.

Get over it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been bashed for being Christian, for being republican, for shooting a stray animal, for.....you get the idea.

Get over it.

I do.  I go somewhere else, usually.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Should say "post poll" at the bottom of this thread, click on it.

It doesn't always work though

Is that only for contributors, or all members?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd consider myself to have a libertarian view on most issues, but I sure as hell am not stupid enough to throw away my vote in a Presidential Election.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No I think everyone can post polls

Hmm.  Maybe he was right about the not letting libertarians post polls...hh,
*edit*now it went away.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd consider myself to have a libertarian view on most issues, but I sure as hell am not stupid enough to throw away my vote in a Presidential Election.

+1

The war on terrorism takes priority over everything.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope

As a libertarian, its my duty to vote Republican straight down the line.  Im not going to waste my vote and help scumbag democrats.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Labels dont work - everyone is welcome - no one gets sheltered - grow some

Luck
Alac

BTW Im a Randite
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Libertatian views are more than welcome here. Actually, if you think about it, many people on here are libertarian in their views. They are just smart enough to recognize that a protest vote for a candidate that can't win isn't very smart. Most people that have their head on straight and are serious about politcs will instead vote for a candidate that is more or less acceptable and can win.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So speak up.

It's a big scarey world out there Mike...Ya better man up and grow some thicker skin or it's gonna be a rough road.

BTW, I was told GoatBoy disabled polls for whiney Libertarian types..
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Go Fuck Yourself. WHATEVER Party affiliation you claim.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I am more a Libertarian than a Republican but I am also a realist. (I will vote for GWB unless we get a new AWB before November)

I don't think Libertarians get bashed that often. The is a little bit of small "l" libertarian in all Republicans.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Do Nazis hang out in pubs nowadays?  Or do idiots keep hanging out in bitch threads?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So speak up.

You are welcome here. Just realize that by voting 3rd Party you take a vote from Bush. And Bush is the more Pro 2nd Amendment of the two candidates and the lesser of two evils.

And everyone on here gets harassed about something, it's like the middle school playground of the internet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So speak up.

Libertarians are worse than Democrats.
Yes, WORSE THAN Democrats.

I would rather have a Democrat  decide the fate of the country than a Libertarian.
Sure, I prefer the Libertarian Platform's Gun position.
But so what?
The rest of the Libertarian Platform would ensure that we as a Nation would be destroyed.

Open Borders.
No Customs.
No passports.
Bringing home all the troops from overseas.
Abolishing the UCMJ.

The list could go on.

Bottom line:
Given the REAL threat that exists today, the Libertarian Platform would ensure our death.

SO, if you claim to support the Libertarian Platform, you are either an enemy or an idiot.
If you are a Libertarian who is unfamiliar with your own Party's Platform....

...again, you are an idiot.

So, take your pick Libertarians:

You are:

A) An Enemy who wishes death to America

B) An Idiot.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, if you're just a "small L" libertarian.
Then you're Okay.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why are you still here?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Still wrestling with the poll, huh?

Don't give up...you'll get it eventually.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#25]
As a libertarian I feel your pain but I also take heart in the fact that there are many other libertarians here.

If you want my advice, take out your frustration every time a cop bashing thread comes along. Always make me feel good
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Are "pub nazi's" those guys who only drink microbrews?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Daaayum this is like watchin a mouse in tank of pirahnas.

SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMM little mouse.....SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMM

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get over it.

I've been bashed for being from Texas,  liking Willie, being skinny,  occasionally drinking beer with a fruit flavor(if you listen to the wrong people, that makes me flaming gay), etc.
Bashing a way of life with guys.  It give you a thick skin.

Apologies - I thought that, the long haired guy Avatar didnt help

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Open Borders.I have never agreed with this part of their platform.
No Customs.That is not a part of their platform.
No passportsThat is not a part of their platform..
Bringing home all the troops from overseas. And getting the fuck out of the UN.
Abolishing the UCMJ.That is not a part of their platform.

The list could go on.

Bottom line:
Given the REAL threat that exists today, the Libertarian Platform would ensure our death.That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

B) An Idiot.

Again, you are welcome to your opinion, no matter how ill-informed it may be.

Then you're Okay.  hr

Which I am.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Fruit flavored beer IS gay.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I would guess that the politics of this board run much more libertarian than conservative, yet more Republican than "Big L" Libertarian.

As a former Libertarian I can tell you MY reason for this - the party has become a party of pot-smokers, conspiracy theorists, and freaks - they have lost their intellectual and moral highground.  

This well-balanced Reason magazine article pretty well shows the cluster-fuck the party has made itself into. reason.com/links/links060304.shtml  Personally, I am pretty much aligned with Neil Boortz on the direction the party should move.  Instead, though, I now fight my battles within the Republican party - as I have given up on the Libertarians.  I never did vote for them anyway - it would be a throw-away vote.

Boortz had a pretty good assessment in his write-up immediately after the convention: boortz.com/nuze/200406/06012004.html
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Open Borders.I have never agreed with this part of their platform.
No Customs.That is not a part of their platform.
No passportsThat is not a part of their platform..
Bringing home all the troops from overseas. And getting the fuck out of the UN.
Abolishing the UCMJ.That is not a part of their platform.

The list could go on.

Bottom line:
Given the REAL threat that exists today, the Libertarian Platform would ensure our death.That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it.

B) An Idiot.

Again, you are welcome to your opinion, no matter how ill-informed it may be.

Then you're Okay.  

Which I am.

Well, when you talk to someone who says they are a "lbertarian", make sure they're NOT a "Libertarian".
Because Libertarians are ALL idiots or people who wish death upon the U.S..
Okay?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#37]
It's just infuriating to see libertarians from swing states post they're voting for Badarnik or whoever.  They help Kerry, who is basically the antithesis of what Libertarianism stands for.

Many people here, including myself, like or identify with Libertarian politics. But voting Libertarian in a swing state like Arkansas helps the people who despise and oppose the politics you believe in.  Republicans are usually at worst indifferent.

If you dont see a difference between Bush or Kerry, you're not looking very critically at all.  More likely, you decided long ago that Republicans and Democrats are just the same.  Let me tell you, they're not.  You dont see Republicans propose to deal with Iran and North Korea's nuclear programs by giving them reactors and nuclear fuel in exchanges for promises they wont build bombs.

That's just an example, the list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I smell a DU troll
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I smell a DU troll

Yes, I have trolled DU before.  Good nose.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Democrats and Republicans as interchangable.  Thats rich.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Based on this thread and mist's similar whiny waste of bandwidth, I'd have to say that feeling unwelcome here because of one's political affiliation is either a symptom of PMS <Personal attack removed.>
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I smell a DU troll

Yes, I have trolled DU before.  Good nose.

You are a left wing agitator.  We dont eat our own around these parts.  Move on along.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I'm as libertarian as anyone I know. I just happen to be a Republican.

Hence I call myself a 'libertarian Republican.'

Like me, I consider myself a "Ron Paul" Republican.

4 More Years
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

So speak up.

Back during the '92 and '96 elections I voted Libertarian for pres (mixed L and R for other races). At the time I was registered R, but with a libertarian philosophy.

I have since registered Libertarin, but vote for Bush in 2000 and plan to again in November.

I would much rather the election be between a Libertarian and a Republican, but that just isn't reality. While many Americans have libertarian ideas, most will not seriously consider the Libertarian Party, and in part that is the fault of the LP. It is also a fact that most people do not fully accept libertarian philosophy.

Furthermore, frankly, the LP does not fully represent me. I very much like libertarian thinkers such as Fredman, Hyack, Rothbard, and Misus. But the LP in many respects doesn't reflect solid libertarian thought.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Why are our troops overseas anyway??  Why the hell do we have troops in 100+ countries??  And so what if we don't always agree with the republicans and libertarians? So we differ on ideas a little bit. The founding fathers didn't have the same ideals, they disagreed more than agreed on most issues. But they found common ground and were on the same side. Don't forget we're all on the same side here, so let's respect each other for who we are. AMERICANS!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The war on terrorism takes priority over everything.

Does that include the Bill of Rights?

Yes, as a Libertarian I do feel unwelcome here at times.

There are lots of people here who would've been perfectly happy to have been in the Silver Shirts.*

*AKA the Christian American Patriots.  Founded on January 31, 1933, the day after Hitler took power.  (Not a coincidence.)  Their uniform consisted of silver shirts, blue corduroy pants and gold socks.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm as libertarian as anyone I know. I just happen to be a Republican.

Hence I call myself a 'libertarian Republican.'

Eric The(FourMoreYears,FourMoreYears)Hun

I thought that was a RINO.... you're going soft on me Hun.

Yes, there's definately an anti-Libertarian sentiment here. Although I don't agree with the belief that it's shrinking because I know that in Ohio it has grown significantly.

On ARFCOM, Libs are all considered anarchist hippy potheads who can't possibly know what they are talking about.

I used to be staunch GOP, but since the party has strayed so far from Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Reagan, I cannot sit by and support it wholeheartedly as I used to. I do realize that I have to choose wisely, and that is what motivates my vote for GWB, rather than the traitorous Kerrycrat.

But this does not mean that my vote is my sworn, wholehearted endorsement of all the planks in the splintered platform.

Of course, there's a shoutdown on AR15.com as soon as you start talking about anything moderate, middle of the road, balanced, or intellectually skeptical (Socratic) on this site.

You must sing the chorus as it is written.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top