Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/28/2013 3:05:36 PM EST
Today I ran into an old acquaintance that I met when he first got started in the soda business. He was friendly, a bit of a potato, but friendly to say the least.

Today, he was all flustered because his supervisor tacked on extra accounts to go to before his shift ends, his big thing was that his mother is sick and needs to get home to her (which at face value is a noble cause, I get it). But the conversation took a quick turn:

Him: Screw "God". If he exists he's an asshole and I don't believe in a God anyway. If he exists my mother wouldn't be dying from cancer.
Me: I understand your pain, but just to be clear you don't eat Thanksgiving dinner, you go to work on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas and you give your company a check for the holiday pay they give you on Christian holidays?
Him: Thanksgiving was to give thanks, idiot.
Me: Yeah, Christians thanking GOD that they survived such horrible conditions.
Him: Totally not a Christian based holiday, and why would I give me company back Christmas and Thanksgiving pay, they make wayy too much money to begin with.

I just walked away with a on my face.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:24:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By Stiglitz:
Today I ran into an old acquaintance that I met when he first got started in the soda business. He was friendly, a bit of a potato, but friendly to say the least.

Today, he was all flustered because his supervisor tacked on extra accounts to go to before his shift ends, his big thing was that his mother is sick and needs to get home to her (which at face value is a noble cause, I get it). But the conversation took a quick turn:

Him: Screw "God". If he exists he's an asshole and I don't believe in a God anyway. If he exists my mother wouldn't be dying from cancer.
Me: I understand your pain, but just to be clear you don't eat Thanksgiving dinner, you go to work on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas and you give your company a check for the holiday pay they give you on Christian holidays?
Him: Thanksgiving was to give thanks, idiot.
Me: Yeah, Christians thanking GOD that they survived such horrible conditions.
Him: Totally not a Christian based holiday, and why would I give me company back Christmas and Thanksgiving pay, they make wayy too much money to begin with.

I just walked away with a on my face.
View Quote

Your first mistake was condemning him and your holier-than-thou attitude about religion. Keep it to yourself.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:26:28 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigFellor:

Your first mistake was condemning him and your holier-than-thou attitude about religion. Keep it to yourself.
View Quote

There clearly wasn't any condemnation or preaching from me. Not to mention, I didn't make any contribution of my own beliefs anywhere into it.
Top Top