Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2002 8:19:49 PM EDT
Did anyone here see this fight.  It was incredible, a real brawl.  The fight could have gone either way, knockdown and point deduc really hurt Ghatti.  I was pulling for Mickey, been following him for years since the HBO documentary.  A great fight in a sport where they are far and few inbetween.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It was outstanding...

DanM
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I was hoping someone else had watched it.  I haven't heard anyone here speak of boxing.  I'm sure its because most of them now are jokes and setups.  It was a great fight and should fill the void well after the upcoming Tyson vs. Lewis fiasco on June 8.  I wont pay for that crap though.  
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotti has more heart than all the present heavyweights put together. Not saying Ward doesn't. He seemed to punch himself out and very arm fatigued and came back, too.

I always watch Gotti's fights. He really doesn't have the finesse of a counter puncher, but you know he won't quit.

Excellent. Worth paying for and didn't have to.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotti is the Teflon Don.

Gatti is the fighter.

Who won?  I can't believe I forgot it was on.  I'm glad they always replay on Sundays.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
That was a hell of a fight it could have gone either way. I thought Gatti had it until he went down. He made an great effort in the last round to make it up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that was a great fight!  I can't believe how those two kept coming back after the punishmnent they both took from each other.  That was impressive to say the least.

Agreed, Gatti is the fighter, not Gotti.

Vinnie, Ward won, majority decision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top