Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2004 8:49:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 8:52:34 AM EST by turboman]
I'd bet that "Arnie" will run for either Pres. or VP in 2008. Republicans are virtually guaranteed a win. Reportedly he is in favor of more gun legislation. Somehow we are going to have to brainwash him.

He's just been in too many "Terminator" movies with their Hollwood "toy" versions of assault weapons. Perhaps he thinks that is how they really work. Never having to reload, cars exploding in midair in slow motion with three camera/views. Dozens of bullet ridden bodies (little blood) and never any real world "paperwork" or investigations or ramifications.

This Hollywood stupidness compares to the old cowboy pulp comic writers that glamorized the old west. A whole generation has been raised on this garbage. I believe the movie producers and directors all a part of the Feinstein, Kennedy, Kerry and Boxer long term re-education plot for the public. Including Schwartzenegger.

Here's hoping the NRA gets to work re-educating him, and the latest generation of youths, A.S.A.P. We don't want another Clinton in these times of war.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:57:28 AM EST
FYI...Arnie wasn't born in the US.

No President for him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:59:37 AM EST
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

In case of the removal of the President from office, or of his death, resignation, or inability to discharge the powers and duties of the said office, the same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by law provide for the case of removal, death, resignation or inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what officer shall then act as President, and such officer shall act accordingly, until the disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Article II, Sec. 1

Based on the above, Arnnie, however popular, cannot be president. (absent a constitutional amendment and ratification by 3/4ths of the states)

I don't know, but suspect that the second paragraph would prevent him from being vice president as well.

As for his mis-informed stance, and our need to educate others on the "Real vs. Hollywood" gun issues, I agree 100%.

Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:08:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By turboman:
I'd bet that "Arnie" will run for either Pres. or VP in 2008. Republicans are virtually guaranteed a win. Reportedly he is in favor of more gun legislation. Somehow we are going to have to brainwash him.

He's just been in too many "Terminator" movies with their Hollwood "toy" versions of assault weapons. Perhaps he thinks that is how they really work. Never having to reload, cars exploding in midair in slow motion with three camera/views. Dozens of bullet ridden bodies (little blood) and never any real world "paperwork" or investigations or ramifications.

This Hollywood stupidness compares to the old cowboy pulp comic writers that glamorized the old west. A whole generation has been raised on this garbage. I believe the movie producers and directors all a part of the Feinstein, Kennedy, Kerry and Boxer long term re-education plot for the public. Including Schwartzenegger.

Here's hoping the NRA gets to work re-educating him, and the latest generation of youths, A.S.A.P. We don't want another Clinton in these times of war.

One- As already stated, Arnie can not become president, so don't worry about it

Two- Arnie might not be gun friendly, but he doesn't seem to be actively, rabidly anti-gun as a lot of other politicians out there. Arnie is better than Gary Davis would have been.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:38:16 PM EST
There is a strong movement pushed by several prominent Senators/Congressmen to amend the Constitution to enable "foreign born" to run for President if they have been a citizen for 20 years or more (Arnold, 21 years). It plays nicely into the image of an integrated Country.

Also if the Republicans feel he is the strongest candidate they will move heaven and hell to get the amendment. Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:21:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:04:57 PM EST
Thanks Steve.

If anyone says he is trying to get the law changed tell them that was a reply to a reporter's question along the lines of "Should the Law be changed?" To which he replied "It might be worth looking into."
Top Top