Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:23:00 AM EDT
Are tank commanders officers or just senior NCO's? Anyone have any favorite tank videos or sites I could waste time on?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe tank commanders can be officer and enlisted with a lot more enlisted folks in the commander's seat, but then again, I don't know too much about the Army with me being a puddle pirate and all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Well...the only Abrams TC I personally know is a SSG - NCO.

John
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
In the two scout platoons in A/1-7 Cav the TC (Commander) slots went as follows:

Red 1:  Plt. Leader, 2nd LT.
Red 2:  SSG
Red 3:  SSG
Ref 4:   Plt. Sgt, SFC.

It all has to do with personnel.  I've seen E-5s running tanks when we were understrength.
Usually the progression of jobs goes:  Loader, drvier, gunner, and, TC.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Tank commanders are typically E5 or E6, unless they are the platoon sergeant (usually E7), or platoon leader (usually O1 or O2).  This is my experience from being in a Cav Unit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, that sucks...On a MP team it goes like this in the HMMWV: Gunner, Driver, Team Leader.

Then again....the gunners usually get to go back to the barracks and clean weapons while the drivers are still in the motorpool and the Team Leaders are hanging around the TOC. Probably has something to do with the driver and TL getting to Chill out in the armor of the HMMWV while I get to sit there and let it all hang out outside the armor. lol.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are tank commanders officers or just senior NCO's? Anyone have any favorite tank videos or sites I could waste time on? hug.gif

http://www.branchorientation.com/armor/home.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top