Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:10:51 PM EDT
Hey guys,
 I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting this, and I'm sure the SCAR has been discussed way too much already but I'm just curious.  I was talking to a buddy who was in Afghanistan a month or so ago and he was telling me about how some of the guys from the 75th Rangers are using SCARs.  My friend isn't a Ranger but he knows a few guys that are, and he was telling me that a lot of the Rangers don't really like the SCAR.  Do any of you guys know more about this?  What are the chances that the SCAR will replace the M4/M16?  I guess one of the issues that a lot of guys have with the gun is that it has a reciprocating charging handle and it gets in the way but I don't know any Rangers myself so I don't really know what the deal is with the SCAR.  Any of you guys have any experience with it?  

Edit:  Also forgot to ask, what's the deal with the Bushmaster ACR?  Is the Army going to test it or anything in the near future or what?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag...
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
i  wonder if there is a thread already up with pics from Afghanistan Showing the Rangers in Afghanistan With the Scars.

CLICK ME i have Rangers pics inside me with Scars

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I seem to remember Rictus having similar things to say about that weapon...
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to talk to anyone who wrenches on guns for the military, or shoots people for a living, who prefers the SCAR to the M4. From what I hear the SCAR-H in particular is having teething issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top