Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/4/2002 11:39:46 AM EDT
WEll I waited forever to download it, and finally got it. Installed it, and now it tells me my hardware is not supported. I suspect it is my Voodoo4 graphics card. Leave it to the Govt. to put out a quality product. Oh well, I had better things to do today. Has anyone else got it to work?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:51:55 AM EDT
Yeah, it runs well on my system (GeForce 2 GTS). The problem is trying to get into a multiplayer game. For some bizarre reason, the Army chose Gamespy Arcade, a notoriously buggy piece of software, as their server browser. As one would expect, most people can't join and are going off on the official forums for the game. -kill-9
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:11:24 PM EDT
I can't get the multiplayer to work on gamespy, it keeps giving me a connection failed message on entering any server. I will say that the game looks good though, but they should have had something that you could do offline other than training. Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:13:52 PM EDT
3DFX did not make a voodoo4 card. You need a video card that will support DirectX8.1 I believe.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:39:46 PM EDT
yes they did the voodoo4 4500 w/ 32 megs of ram. it was the only 32 meg card they had next up was the voodoo5 5500 w/ 64 megs and a few 6000 cards trickled out before their demise that had 128 megs and 4 processers. the game doesn't support the card due to the lack of T&L engine in the voodoo4/5 processer. btw the game runs like shit on geforce 2 gts.
Originally Posted By Atencio: 3DFX did not make a voodoo4 card. You need a video card that will support DirectX8.1 I believe.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:52:12 PM EDT
to try to get into a game for multiplayer, First finish the basic training, the first 4 training stages: rifle range, obstacle course, advanced weapons training, and the MOUT. Then supposedly you'll be able to play the online MOUT training in a multiplayer game. You have to do the MOUT training online as well before you'll be "approved" to play any other missions. I was having the "connection failed" garbage as well until I managed to go back and pass all 4 of the quals for the basic training. Managed to play a few online games all on one map, wasn't overly impressed but it wasn't terribly bad. Game is pretty limited in scope right now and they are trying to bring in more servers. I'll give it awhile, if it ends up being too much like CounterStrike I'll leave it be.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:09:06 PM EDT
I've got cable and the damn thing is still downloading umpteen hours later.... :(
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:15:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:20:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kernal_panic: yes they did the voodoo4 4500 w/ 32 megs of ram. it was the only 32 meg card they had next up was the voodoo5 5500 w/ 64 megs and a few 6000 cards trickled out before their demise that had 128 megs and 4 processers. the game doesn't support the card due to the lack of T&L engine in the voodoo4/5 processer. btw the game runs like shit on geforce 2 gts.
Originally Posted By Atencio: 3DFX did not make a voodoo4 card. You need a video card that will support DirectX8.1 I believe.
View Quote
View Quote
My mistake, I thought they jumped from 3 to 5, oh well
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:21:26 PM EDT
you can get a free cd.. I signed up for it, but it hasn't shown up yet. and I do have a fast connection... it just ain't comin thru the pipe on any of the download sites very fast. It could be due to high volume of requests....
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2002 4:17:44 PM EDT by blkbeard]
FWIW....those of us with dial up connections can download it in 10 parts (approx. 20 meg each) from: [url]http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=army_download[/url] Still takes forever, but having a 20 meg download crap out is better than having a 200 meg one die.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:50:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:26:41 PM EDT
Downloading it again since the first one didn't work on my computer right. I guess I can burn and mail it to some people that want it for a buck or two (whatever it costs for the envelope/stamp and the .15 cent CD). Email me and I guess we can try to work something out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:28:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15forfun: WEll I waited forever to download it, and finally got it. Installed it, and now it tells me my hardware is not supported. I suspect it is my Voodoo4 graphics card. Leave it to the Govt. to put out a quality product. Oh well, I had better things to do today. Has anyone else got it to work?
View Quote
just read on their painfully slow forums that voodoo cards as well as older ATI cards are not supported
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:34:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15forfun: WEll I waited forever to download it, and finally got it. Installed it, and now it tells me my hardware is not supported. I suspect it is my Voodoo4 graphics card. Leave it to the Govt. to put out a quality product. Oh well, I had better things to do today. Has anyone else got it to work?
View Quote
It wouldn't work on my Voodoo5 5500 either. It REQUIRES hardware based T&L, which no 3dfx card ever had. So I went and bought a GeForce4 Ti 4400. Works great on that card. Fry's Electronics has 'em on sale for $249 thru 7/06.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2002 1:35:19 PM EDT by zonan]
I just downloaded it in pieces and when the .bat file combined them it gave me a .exe file that won't run (invalid win32 application). I am using win XP pro.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:36:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:
View Quote
It wouldn't work on my Voodoo5 5500 either. It REQUIRES hardware based T&L, which no 3dfx card ever had. So I went and bought a GeForce4 Ti 4400. Works great on that card. Fry's Electronics has 'em on sale for $249 thru 7/06.
View Quote
You must [red]really[/red] want to play this game.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:42:05 PM EDT
Can't get the thing to work, gives some stupid error and then gives me a Kernal error. Oh well, too lazy to play with it now. Still, if someone wants me to burn them a copy like I said, just email me and we can work something out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:42:09 PM EDT
wahhhhhh!!! i cant play either...i get this error message Can't find file for package 'D3DDrv' History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:47:39 PM EDT
Well, I got to download and install it, and it opens up just fun. But thanks to all software acceleration and rendering, it's pretty much unplayable on my machine. Return to Castle Wolfenstein runs just smooth as owlshit on it, but by the time I've moved (jerk, jerk, come ON, MOVE! damn! too much) those crosshairs halfway over the screen to the next target, it's gone. Pent III 500, 786 MB RAM, SB AWE64, TNT2 M64 32 MB RAM, WinXP Pro.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:07:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By anti-gov-tinfoil-man:
Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo:
View Quote
View Quote
You must [red]really[/red] want to play this game.
View Quote
Well...... YES ! Seriously, I was already eyeing the GF4 card. I have a few other games that don't work quite right on the VooDoo 5. I just sorta put up with it until now, but when this one wouldn't work at all, I knew the time had come to upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:23:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EX11B: wahhhhhh!!! i cant play either...i get this error message Can't find file for package 'D3DDrv' History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
View Quote
Don't feel like rebooting my computer right now but I think thats the error I'm getting...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:25:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2002 2:26:07 PM EDT by cgwahl]
Originally Posted By cgwahl:
Originally Posted By EX11B: wahhhhhh!!! i cant play either...i get this error message Can't find file for package 'D3DDrv' History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
View Quote
Don't feel like rebooting my computer right now but I think thats the error I'm getting...
View Quote
Scratch that, this is my error... General protection fault! History: FD3DRenderInterface::DrawPrimitive <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FCameraSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:39:57 PM EDT
Did ya'll notice that they completely nailed the sound of the AR\M16?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:23:40 PM EDT
Make sure you have directx 8.1 installed. That causes certain errors, not sure if it's the ones you guys are encountering though. BTW, it runs great (and looks awesome) on my 900 Athlon with a 32mb Geforce2 GTS.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:35:03 PM EDT
Now there is some encouraging news! I really wasn't looking forward to paying 218.00 delivered for the 4600! 59.00 delivered is looking a lot better. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:34:19 PM EDT
Guess I better finally make my mind up whether I want the Radeon 8500 128 Meg or the Gainward Ti4200 Golden Sample, then, huh? Poor old Radeon 7000 64 Meg that I have now was only a stop-gap to get this box together til I saved up enough for a real gaming card. Looks like that time has come. Trouble is, I keep finding another case of ammo or another lovely yet fashionable firearm to add to my collection thus depleting my vid-card fund. What to do, what to do? "But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, the watchman must be taken away in his iniquity; his blood will I require." -Ezekial 33-6
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 5:55:57 PM EDT
get the Ti4200
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:01:27 PM EDT
Finally got it to work, turned out it was my video card drivers. Fooling around with marksmanship training now...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:42:07 PM EDT
I downloaded it in 13 minutes using Download Accelerator and cable modem. [url]http://www.speedbit.com[/url] 3D gamer site, Utah link [url]http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/americasarmy/armyopsrecon.exe.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:28:33 PM EDT
i get to the on-line infanty mout section.. and NG from there [:(] bte, all the servers are crammed !
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:49:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 223-Buckaroo: It wouldn't work on my Voodoo5 5500 either. It REQUIRES hardware based T&L, which no 3dfx card ever had. So I went and bought a GeForce4 Ti 4400. Works great on that card. Fry's Electronics has 'em on sale for $249 thru 7/06.
View Quote
Err...$250 for a 4400 isn't really a sale. Check [url]www.pricewatch.com[/url].
Top Top