Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/10/2007 7:03:49 AM EST
Supposedly as a Qualified Officer in the NG you are entitled to a bonus, is there any reason not to take this bonus. I heard some rumors from other officers that by taking this bonus you are extending your contract? I also heard some rumors by accepting this bonus you are "volunteering yourself" for a deployment. I think that is just some bs that one of my buddies pulled out of his ass.

But even if it was true I would be happy to volunteer

I really want to research this before I accept it, my enlisted days taught me the importance on not just signing the contract and taking the recruiters word
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:31:20 AM EST
bump
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:56:33 AM EST
Yeah, i'll bump this too. I'm about to go into a local Guard unit myself. I can keep my prior service enlisted rank, or I can go into the officer program. I'm still deciding.

-K
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:32:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By rifleman2000:
tag!

I am on an IRR deployment, but will most likely join the National Guard when I get back for a TDA slot, hopefully as an OCS instructor. Two deployments is enough for me, and if there is a chance they will deploy me, I won't join.

How is afganistan? What is your mission over there if you dont mind sharing?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:54:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1911greg:

Originally Posted By Special-K:
Yeah, i'll bump this too. I'm about to go into a local Guard unit myself. I can keep my prior service enlisted rank, or I can go into the officer program. I'm still deciding.

-K

You could go the officer route but the process will probaly take you a year of active duty time. Or you could do the state program but that takes 18 months.

Yup. That's all part of the equation. If I do it it will be the state route and probably a committment afterwards. One thing I really like about going the enlisted route is i can join for only a year - long enough to get MOS Q'd - and then get out if i don't like it. The idea of serving in the military under a Clinton again scares the hell out of me.

-K
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:34:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1911greg:

-K

You could go the officer route but the process will probaly take you a year of active duty time. Or you could do the state program but that takes 18 months.

Yup. That's all part of the equation. If I do it it will be the state route and probably a committment afterwards. One thing I really like about going the enlisted route is i can join for only a year - long enough to get MOS Q'd - and then get out if i don't like it. The idea of serving in the military under a Clinton again scares the hell out of me.

-K

It scares everyone!
Top Top