Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2002 5:43:01 PM EDT
I will be going through the Combat Lifesaver course in a few weeks and I know there are a bunch of grunts running around here. How tough is the course and how good is it? Thanks, Steve
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.specialoperations.com/Schools/default.html[/url]
Here is a list of service schools...yours is in there...good luck
I took mine OJT...[;)]
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
CATM,
fairly basic level course. I went through about 2 1/2 years ago and have done 2 refreshers.

Heat/Cold Weather stuff.

Basic medical terminology.

Inventory and use of everything in the Combat lifesaving bag.

The last two days consist of a class on administering an IV and a practical application when you stick your buddy and start an IV. Change places and he does it to you. Course is fun and will give you some confidence.

Hope this helps.
Emil
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
..i did mine at unit level...the IV part is the best...very good course. a bit more than just basic first aid. good battlefield skills to have
Link Posted: 1/22/2002 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
OMG!  I remember that course, what a load of fun!  Those last 2 days we were bleeding everywhere, I've never heard so many threats issued in one room since.  Seriously though it's alot of fun, and you learn some stuff that might save one of your buddies one day.  The CO used to let me practice sticking the guys in the Company every now and then, it's really a wonder I never got my ass kicked.  Another plus is, if you trust yourself enough to stick yourself the old Ringers really kicks a hangover in the ass.[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top