Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/28/2014 10:51:40 AM EDT
Are they real anythings?

Twice I have been told by them to leave the area so they could do their job.  Drop off shit at the bank I suppose.  Both times I believe I was just standing within 15 feet or so from an ATM chatting with someone I ran into there.

Do I have to listen to them?  No I am not out to make someone's day a pain in the ass.  But it also pisses me off that they demand I do something like they are a dictator.

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell them to A. Pleasure you orally B. pleasure themselves orally C. Get Fucked.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, they can't do shit but wait.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw a uniformed pair walking through a mall in Dallas with a big bag full of something.   Talk about Condition White.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a uniformed pair walking through a mall in Dallas with a big bag full of something.   Talk about Condition White.
View Quote

I think this every time I see them walking through.

I used to work at a grocery store, and the personnel came inside to pick up our circulated money. One guy carried a stainless GP101, in a rig so ill-fitting and loose that if he bent over it may have fallen out. I never saw any reloads on him, and he never looked anywhere, except at his own feet. Ineptitude at its finest.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
if they end up calling a cop the cop will tell you to get lost.

ETA then you can ask "Am I being detained?"
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You also have to understand they make probably $9-12 an hour on average, so that is the type of guys you are dealing with.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#8]
They are there at the request of the business so if you want to give them a problem then I am sure that the business owner will be glad to throw you out of the store. And do you really need to give them a hard time, they do have a dangerous job and I'm sure they don't make that much for what they do.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen them take out their sidearm, usually a revolver, and carry it in one hand and the money bag in the other. Anybody else see this? Policy? Intimidation factor?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen them take out their sidearm, usually a revolver, and carry it in one hand and the money bag in the other. Anybody else see this? Policy? Intimidation factor?
View Quote

Yeah, I've seen them do that.

It doesn't seem to me as though they are trying to think of themselves as uber-tactical.  

They seem to me as though they just want to be able to slide in and slide out as quick as they can.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Most i see are in condition white, but i saw one ata gas station who was very aware of his surroundings.  You could tell he was very serious about his job and not getting killed doing it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Call LE and say suspicious folks with money and guns...

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Put yourself in their shoes and then tell me you wouldn't do the same
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You also have to understand they make probably $9-12 an hour on average, so that is the type of guys you are dealing with.
View Quote

Nothing to add here...

Armored car guards were made to give the mall cops someone they could look down upon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Who was that banned member, who bragged about police and "civilians" cowering when he did his job, because he was "so menacing and armed to the teeth"?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This used to be a part of training,  The idea was to carry the gun behind the bag if the area was exceptionally crappy area and you would have the gun already drawn when the shooting started .  As for authority , they have very little but they were probably about to service the ATM and that involves opening the machine and installing a cartridge full of cash . They can ask you to leave and the business owner will oblige if needed . They make $11 and up by me . My former employer had 3 guys killed in the 10 years I was there . One guy was an Afghan vet just back from the war and head shot by a gang robbing Krogers. I was not in the trucks , I worked in the maintenance shop
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Who was that banned member, who bragged about police and "civilians" cowering when he did his job, because he was "so menacing and armed to the teeth"?
View Quote

He was a mall ninja though.

Gecko45.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]
No you don't have to move.

On their side of this, they are just sitting ducks.
Personally, I back off just a little so they don't stroke out.

I would not take that job, I'd flip burgers first.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#20]
They have to be there ... it is their job.

If you have finished your business and are just shooting the shit (loitering?) you should stand clear, because you don't have to be there..

Bad juju to make a guy with a gun nervous.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#21]
They are just trying to do their jobs and make a living. If they asked me politely to move, I would.

Seems like everything now days has to turn into a pissing match.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They are just trying to do their jobs and make a living. If they asked me politely to move, I would.

View Quote

This is a fact.
Who has the biggest dick seems to be how it's done now days.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are they real anythings?

Twice I have been told by them to leave the area so they could do their job.  Drop off shit at the bank I suppose.  Both times I believe I was just standing within 15 feet or so from an ATM chatting with someone I ran into there.

Do I have to listen to them?  No I am not out to make someone's day a pain in the ass.  But it also pisses me off that they demand I do something like they are a dictator.

View Quote

Arfcom: Mocking anyone with a job carrying a gun.  Very ironic.  And no, I'm not a armored car guard.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#24]
It really irritates me when people tell me where I need to be.

Most businesses I deal with would rather you be happy than the $12/hr change carrier that they subcontract out to. His company is probably more interested with the bank keeping their customers happy than his replaceable self.

Tell him to roll on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are they real anythings?

View Quote

If they are making a stop they are most likely on private property.  If you do not move you can be charged with trespass.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I used to work at a grocery store, and the personnel came inside to pick up our circulated money. One guy carried a stainless GP101, in a rig so ill-fitting and loose that if he bent over it may have fallen out. I never saw any reloads on him, and he never looked anywhere, except at his own feet. Ineptitude at its finest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was one I used to see in New York City who would open the retention strap on his holster and set the trigger guard of his POS .38 on top of the leather. I always wanted to see him turn quickly or slip, but he never did.

I never saw anyone sneak up behind him and snatch the gun with his pinky, either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Its a shitty job as long as he's not being a dick just move.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Its a shitty job as long as he's not being a dick just move.
View Quote

This. Besides, they are targets and you don't want to be next to a target when the lead starts flying, so why would you stay there?

It's a shit job and the pay is shit, why give them grief?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#29]
They have no more authority than the construction worker laborers who try to stop traffic so that a dump truck can enter / exit a work site. In other words. Zero authority . Fuck em
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No you don't have to move.

On their side of this, they are just sitting ducks.
Personally, I back off just a little so they don't stroke out.

I would not take that job, I'd flip burgers first.
View Quote

+1

Why give them a hard time?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Plus someone who wanted a delivery job could walk in the door at UPS or Fedex and make considerably more to start, and not deal with the increased risk or licensing requirements.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I could be wrong, but my understanding has always been that it is a policy requirement.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I genuinely feel bad for those guys, so I tend to just stay clear of them and let them do their job.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near these guys anyway.
Especially if they're robbed.
I've driven by my local bank/atm intending to stop and do some banking. ..
When I see the armoured truck parked out front I say. .
"Fuck it... I'll drop in later" and just keep driving
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#35]
What should he do? Politely sit there in the open carrying thousands in cash while you shoot the shit
And keep him from doing his job ?
Or open the machine and place the money in with two strangers looking over his shoulder ?

How about you just move out of the mans way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah....

Just tailgate them when they leave, don't get over into the right lane and if they are behind you, brake check them.......
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They have no more authority than the construction worker laborers who try to stop traffic so that a dump truck can enter / exit a work site. In other words. Zero authority . Fuck em
View Quote

YEE-HAAHHHHH! Challenge that authority!! Be a man!!

And, then when your stupid ass gets run the hell over by the heavy equipment that's moving over the public right-of-way, pay for your own damn repairs. I absolutely love the idiots who ignore the "lowly construction worker" we put out to safeguard the public and ensure safety as we're doing our work. It's so much fun to shut things down while we untangle your cars from the excavator tracks, or when the crap in the bucket falls out onto the roof of your car as you go blithely driving underneath it...

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Just move and let them do their job.  If you give them grief they might call the police.  Don't invite the man into your life.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And, then when your stupid ass gets run the hell over by the heavy equipment that's moving over the public right-of-way, pay for your own damn repairs. I absolutely love the idiots who ignore the "lowly construction worker" we put out to safeguard the public and ensure safety as we're doing our work. It's so much fun to shut things down while we untangle your cars from the excavator tracks, or when the crap in the bucket falls out onto the roof of your car as you go blithely driving underneath it...

Dumbass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbass.

Wow! I must have really struck a nerve. Rub some Vagisil on it, you'll feel better
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#40]
At the store I work in the armored car comes every morning. The other day I watched the guard hang the money bag off the  grip of his holstered glock while he signed some paperwork.

He hung the money bag off the butt of his gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#41]
WTF is wrong with you people?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#42]
They are real people who just want to do their job and go home. No need to get into a pissing contest with them. I'm sure the GD bad asses don't like random people getting in the way of them getting their shit done.

There are likely safety policies they have to follow that say they can't do their ATM drops with random people standing by it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to do this job. I was an armored car messenger. Where you are at in NM, I would probably want people to back off as well. You have to turn your back and look behind you constantly. You have to remember that armored car personnel are carrying the only commodity everybody wants. People always want to come up to you and crack stupid jokes: "Are you giving out free samples?", "oooooooo......presents", etc, etc. Very fast paced job and you don't get paid shit, at least around here. Bigger the town, higher the risk, the more you get paid. If armored car personnel are bossy, it is because they are in a hurry and are signed for several million dollars of other peoples money. I'm not excusing the assholes.

I'll entertain any questions you have.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This used to be a part of training,  The idea was to carry the gun behind the bag if the area was exceptionally crappy area and you would have the gun already drawn when the shooting started .  As for authority , they have very little but they were probably about to service the ATM and that involves opening the machine and installing a cartridge full of cash . They can ask you to leave and the business owner will oblige if needed . They make $11 and up by me . My former employer had 3 guys killed in the 10 years I was there . One guy was an Afghan vet just back from the war and head shot by a gang robbing Krogers. I was not in the trucks , I worked in the maintenance shop
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I rode by and threw a pack of firecrackers out the window while they were doing this once. Good times and laughs ensued.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you disregard the construction crew on a roadway, I will cite you. Absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

And people wonder why their are so many (too many) laws on the books.  Its because people like you won't be considerate and reasonable unless someone has the "authority".
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He hung the money bag off the butt of his gun.
View Quote

Saw cops routinely do that with their hats.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#48]

I've always wondered how well bungee cord slings actually worked???

Anybody here actually try it?

Back on topic:  what a shit paying job....so not worth it.  I tend to exit the area when I see them doing their drop offs or pick ups.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#49]
No authority. Piss on bag of money to establish dominance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I've seen them leave the rear compartment door hanging open while gassing up. Probably didn't have anything worthwhile in the back, but criminals don't know that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top