Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/10/2004 9:27:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 9:29:04 AM EST by JIMBEAM]
from DU

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:17 PM
Original message
How many uzis do liberals need to buy before the right gets scared?

I am considering becoming an armed law abiding citizen on Monday. I have never even held a gun in my hands, but I am considering buying a fully automatic weapon and a cache of ammunition.

Does that scare rightwingers? It should.

Maybe all peace loving liberals should consider doing so. What does it take? 24 hours to run a background check? We should all initiate this process on Monday regardless of whether we ultimately buy a gun. Make the numbers go so high that it looks like a record number of people are rushing to become armed and dangerous. Scare the pants off the idiots who support letting any nut who wants one own an assault rifle.

I wonder how many potential Al Q operatives will be buying their weapons next week having passed lame background checks on their way to Paradise?

I think they better raise the terror alert to high Orange on Monday. There are terrorists in the government, and they are planning attacks against us all.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:29:45 AM EST
DanaM (181 posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:18 PM
Response to Original message

1. I'm ready to arm too

if only to protect myself from this corrupt government.

Alert Printer Friendly | Reply | Top

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:20 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. I find the idea utterly repellant

however, I am also afraid of my government.

livinginphotographs (361 posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:21 PM

3. I've been planning to get a shotgun for home protection.

Haven't really considered the need for armed revolution, though.

http://www.soundclick.com/livinginphotographs

vidali (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:22 PM

4. What an excellent idea - if we could get moveon to organize this kind of

protest it would freak them out. I wonder if they require a deposit.

Laugh while you can monkey boy - Dr. Lizardo

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:25 PM
Response to Reply #4

8. I don't have a clue

BUT if you must pass a background check, you probably don't have to hand over money until you do.

My local gun shop sold the DC sniper his weapons.

benburch (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:23 PM

5. Not just guns...

Remember to buy a few thousand rounds of ammo too...

-Ben Burch
White Rose Society Webmaster
http://www.WhiteRoseSociety.org
George W. Bush received a Undesirable Discharge!

genius (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:23 PM

6. I would advise parents against this but all other liberals might buy

a batch of the things and then count and collectively send letters to the right noting how well armed our side is.

apnu (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:24 PM

7. One

And their collective heads would explode at the very idea of an armed liberal.

To them, it would be such a dire contradiction of reality that the act of armed, pro-gun, liberals would call into question everything they know about their black-and-white world view.

Its the kind of brain popping first year logic students suffer when they deal with things like: If FALSE then FALSE is a TRUE statement. And, FALSE if and only if FALSE is also TRUE.

Both statements make total sense if you ponder them for a while, but on the surface, society teaches that FALSE is FALSE and TRUE is TRUE, and so the above statements should be wrong or at least invalid.

I, for one, would find it funny to watch the NRA get real confused if its ranks were suddenly bloated by liberals and progressives.

"...out of this long political darkness a brighter day will come." - Barack Obama 2004

onenote (97 posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:27 PM

9. if the naacp

launched a campaign to encourage every african american family to get a gun, the repugs would become supporters of gun control in about 10 minutes.

onenote

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:29 PM
Response to Reply #9

11. Heh heh heh

onenote, you are a true rabblerouser!

Dyedinthewoolliberal (811 posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:28 PM

10. You know what?

Edited on Fri Sep-10-04 01:31 PM by Dyedinthewoolliberal
I have been considering the exact same thing! It's too bad political inclinations weren't required on the form.
Seriously though, I have NEVER even considered the idea of owning a firearm. But, the way things have been going............. .
Besides, it is our constitutional right!

Wish, hope and pray for Peace. Nothing else seems to be working.

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:35 PM
Response to Reply #10

14. The last gun I had came in a plastic holster with a cowgirl outfit

I had this feeling I wasn't the only peacenik liberal feeling this way.

That assinine Patriot Act would spy on us for reading "dangerous" material at the library, but the gun laws won't even allow them to keep a LIST of the names of who buys one.

That kind of idiocy is reason enough to buy a BIG BIG RAMBO gun.

frankzappa (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:33 PM

12. Bumpersticker: Make Love, Not War - But Be Prepared For Both

"Remember, there is a difference between kneeling down and bending over" - Frank Zappa

spinbaby (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:34 PM

13. We have an AK47 and a Beowulf in the basement

Neatly locked up in the gun safe. Okay, so I don't know how to operate them, but I'm sure DH would be glad to teach me.

Come to the Dark Side.... We have cookies!

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 02:09 PM
Response to Reply #13

16. You have Grendal's Mother in the basement?

How did I ever get along without one?

displacedtexan (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:35 PM

15. What a great idea!

Remember that great quote: If we all joined the NRA and voted at the annual meeting, we could put them out of business!

Vickers (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 02:12 PM

17. I have guns, ammo and a CCW

DoNotRefill (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 02:20 PM

18. Ma'am...

I respect your sentiments, but you're seriously misinformed as to the state of the law.

If you buy a gun, PLEASE get some training so that you can handle it safely.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:29:48 AM EST
Infiltrator.

He'll be banned momentarily.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:31:47 AM EST

Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:25 PM
Response to Reply #4

8. I don't have a clue

a least one of them got it right.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:32:49 AM EST
His head will explode when he sees how much they cost. And I wish it was just a 24 hour wait time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:34:54 AM EST
From many of the replies on the DU thread they seem to think we would have a problem with them becoming armed citizens.

Personally I have no problem with that and will warmly welcome them into the ranks of responsible gun owners if they wish it. I don't see many of them being much more than chairborne on the idea, but if they wish to arm themselves I welcome it. A law abiding American with a gun is a good thing nomatter their politics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:37:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:37:27 AM EST
It depends on what state they are in whether they get one.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:38:35 AM EST
I hope the DUmmie has already done up his Form 4, cause if he hasn't he ain't gonna get a full-auto on Monday! He is in for a bit of a shock when he finds out that his precious ban had NOTHING to do with full-autos, but only some harmless features on semi-autos.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:40:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 9:41:14 AM EST by painrx]
I might be scared if the morons knew which way to point the damn things. But they don't, and their revolution would last one shot. It reminds me of that joke, how do you kill a retard? put a knife in his hand. Same concept applies here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:40:59 AM EST
buy more guns. Helps the economy
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:41:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By Specop_007:
His head will explode when he sees how much they cost. And I wish it was just a 24 hour wait time.

24 hr.... Hell we got NICS here. Check while you wait.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:42:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:43:29 AM EST
I think it's a great idea! Half of these dipshits would probably off themselves trying to figure the guns out and the other half would find out why we like them & come over to our side!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:45:12 AM EST

13. We have an AK47 and a Beowulf in the basement

Neatly locked up in the gun safe. Okay, so I don't know how to operate them, but I'm sure DH would be glad to teach me.

Come to the Dark Side.... We have cookies!

wonder if her "DH" knows she's clinically insane? maybe thats why they're locked in the safe and she doesnt have the combo...............
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:46:33 AM EST
I pray to God asking him to let the liberals buy UZI'a and then start an armed revolt!

This way, I'll be able to take lots and lots of new UZI's as war trophies!

These people are so stupid it's not even funny!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:46:40 AM EST
liberals (a.k.a. commies) think they have it all figured out, but it's just the opposite and this proves it. and if they want to do something stupid that causes their asses to end up in the slammer, I say let them do it, that's one less liberal homo walking the street.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:46:59 AM EST
GOOD!

I got my head pulled out of my ass when I went to find out what it took to legally own a gun.

It was taking the red pill and finding out just out of control and fucked up things have become in this country.

Let them discover for themeselves just how our RIGHTS have been infringed. Let them find out first hand how much the gooberment is up your ass when you try and do something that is PROTECTED IN CLEAR, UNAMBIGUOUS LANGUAGE IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

Go for it guys. You might just discover who the true TRATIORS in this nation are.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:47:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 9:47:34 AM EST by Brisk322]

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Generic Other (1000+ posts) Fri Sep-10-04 01:17 PM
Original message
How many uzis do liberals need to buy before the right gets scared?

I am considering becoming an armed law abiding citizen on Monday. I have never even held a gun in my hands, but I am considering buying a fully automatic weapon and a cache of ammunition.

It would be ironic to see a pile o' leftists bu their trusty AR15's, and then, after they "drop in" by auto to SEARS ('cuz they want more thrusts per squeeze), find that they have just committed a federal felony.

ETA:
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:51:22 AM EST
They'll find out that the weapons will not jump up load themselves and start shooting accurately and then bathe themselves. They wouldn't stand a chance. Who are they trying to fool?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:56:49 AM EST
I've been looking for some of that Utterly Repellant.

I hear it works on DU idiots and Jehovah's Witnesses.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:57:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 9:59:16 AM EST by goodmedicine]

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:
I really wish those DUmbasses would try and buy guns.

Be hilarious for them to find out Uzis and AKs don't flood the streets after all, preban 1989 Import Uzis and AKs cost over $1,000 each and their criminal records for activism (participation in riots) would earn them a non approval anyway.

That would really be funny watching them foam at the mouth because they were
denied their rights for what they didn't see as wrong behavior

GM
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:08:23 AM EST
Most of them will never make it past the line on the yellow sheet that says "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective"
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:12:38 AM EST
Hell, they are "a day late and a dollar short" as I have been an armed (heavily!) liberal for many, many years !
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:14:14 AM EST
Oh, the irony!!!

I seriously doubt ANY of them will actually purchase a firearm of any kind on 9/13 or any other day.

But to think that the final, and possibly largest impact the AWB has on American society is to ENCOURAGE those who rallied to outlaw these weapons 10 years ago, to stampede to the nearest gun store and purchase "Uzi's, AK's, and AR's, Oh my!", to join the gun culture on the very day the law they supported with every fiber of their being is no more...

Hey DiFi and Chuckie, How's THAT for Unintended Consequences ??????
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:21:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

24 hr.... Hell we got NICS here. Check while you wait.

I think he was refering to NFA. I've never had a form 4 come back in less than six weeks. I love how these dipshit DU'ers think that autos will flood the streets. Let them try and go to a gun shop and buy a machinegun..... They'll get an education real fast.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:37:02 AM EST

Besides, it is our constitutional right!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:44:35 AM EST
I would just love to be there when a salty old gunshop owner says: "you're one of them DU asshats, aren't you?"
Top Top