Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2001 6:19:53 PM EDT
Does any member have experience with .223 Armalite rifles? How well do they shoot? How well do they compare to Colt and Bushmaster, etc? Who makes the best AR today. I am interested in current production rifles. Any information and or opinions would help. Thanks.
ARH
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO Armalite is the best, but Bushmaster is no slouch.  And check this out...
[url]http://www.armalite.com/sales/specials/harrison/harrison.htm[/url]

[i]Why didn't anyone tell me the link only showed a picture?[/i]
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they are the absolute best.  I have nothing but postban ArmaLite's, preban Eagle Arms (same company), and some original ArmaLite AR180's.  All are top notch.
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine. The quality of fit and finish is as good as it gets. Mine are accurate and very reliable. Lifetime warranty on them is also a plus.

I don't know where you live in Georgia, but if you are in the Atlanta area go to Bernie's Sports center. Bernie's carries a lot of Armalites usually and can get them sooner than most other gun stores.

No Slack!

Link Posted: 8/29/2001 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Top notch quality.  The best of all AR types I have handled.  I love mine.

Private Joker
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input. You helped me make the decision to buy one.
Thanks
ARH
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Private Joker
View Quote

Same here- FREX, the quality of the castings on the upper is excellent- no pits, swirls or mold marks, as I see on Bushies and Olys. (Others' mileage may vary....)-Armalite puts out a nice, no BS gun that has had a lot of care put into its manufacture.

Colt? I won't buy Colt due to their appeasement politics.

No slack!
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Plenty of excellent production ARs to choose from, but, IMO, no one builds 'em better than ArmaLite.

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Private Joker
View Quote

Agreed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top