Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2014 9:16:35 PM EDT
Anyone here play ARMA 2? Arma 3?
I am considering buying a decent computer to play one of these games. Looking for advice on either. I really am tired of console gaming.
Would like to know if the game is as good as it looks in videos.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Arma 2/3 is awesome, and highly customizable.  Want to do some PVP?  find a wasteland server.   Looking for some persistance/ base building?  check out the overpoch mod.   Want to do hardcore milsim?   Tons of addons / missions for that too.

If you have the patience to learn the game, and can accept its quirks, the Arma games can easily drain several hundred hours of your life  
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I stopped at original Arma (OFP/OFPR) but enjoyed them enormously, ten years ago.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I play Arma 3 with the group Ironside International.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to like playing with the ACE mod, Bundeswehr, and some of the others. One of my favorites was the LOKI plugin, basically like a trainer or whatnot, but its special bit was that you could spawn ammo crates with weapons! So in the campaign, if you wanted to use some of the spiffy custom weapons you downloaded, you just pull up the tool, plop the right crate, and change your loadout. It was also fun to drop in a Leopard 2 on occasion just to show the Ruskies who is boss!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Arma 3 King of the Hill here.

Wasteland is fun, but King is the Hill is more action packed.

Also to note, Sa-Matra's King of the Hill script is voted #1 for Bihemia's "Make Arma, Not War" contest.

Winner receivers £500,000
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also to note, Sa-Matra's King of the Hill script is voted #1 for Bihemia's "Make Arma, Not War" contest.

View Quote

Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agreed 100%
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Agreed 100%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%

I am in this camp too, best thing out at the moment imo. Plus the more guys who play from here the better!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%

http://youtu.be/_RUiY4fkeK4?list=UUNFbcu5tU8eFPhjORNPq9pQ

Nice, great video.  Didn't know the thing about the 408 and the Marshall
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed 100%

http://youtu.be/_RUiY4fkeK4?list=UUNFbcu5tU8eFPhjORNPq9pQ

The single rocket tank kill will come in handy
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm convinced. Ill be buying this game once I get the rest of my computer upgrades in. I like how difficult it is. Stuff is too easy to get done on other games. I feel like this game has it right. It ain't e easy to shoot a moving target at 200 yards. I feel like this game intentionally makes those situations difficult. I'm trying to get Arma 2 initially. Seems like there are less problems with the game online.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a shitload of games on my laptop, and ARMA 3 is legitimately the only game I have any desire to play.  I have a PS4 that would be a massive waste of money if my roommate didn't play BF4 constantly, I haven't touched it for months.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#13]
IMHO, Arma 3 isn't as good as Arma 2 yet because of the small selection of vehicles/guns. But the graphics are amazing!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IMHO, Arma 3 isn't as good as Arma 2 yet because of the small selection of vehicles/guns. But the graphics are amazing!
View Quote

Arma 2 with ACE was a blast! Ive put arma 3 on the back burner for a while in hopes that when I pick it back up there will be a realism mod available that is worth using.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top