Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 4:51:25 PM EDT
Well, I might be relocating to AZ (near Phoenix) in the next year or so.  For those of you that are there now, how do you like it?  Are there places to shoot?  Is it a gun-friendly state?  Any reason not to go to Arizona?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Any reason not to go to Arizona?    
View Quote

No Vacancy

Just kidding. [:D]

I like it here. It is gun friendly.
Check the home town section to get an idea of some the activities
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Very gun friendly: CCW, Class 3, open carry. We even have two to four ar15.com shoots a year statewide.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are into High Power with your AR it's great. Ben Avery Shooting Facility, Rio Salado Range and South Mountain all on the outskirts of the city.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't think I could move to Phoenix.  Man, it is way to freaking hot!  I was down there a few weeks ago and I didn't make it out of the airport before I felt like going home due to the heat.
View Quote

[LOLabove]

WUSSY ,it's a dry heat.[flame]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Wolfpack -
Thanks; sometimes I forget everything that this site offers.  I'll do that.

Defcon -
I have enjoyed Colorado (I have been here my whole life), but my wife might be going to grad school near Phoenix.  I have been there once (in the winter) and I might go check it out this July.  Who knows, it might be fun.  Where in Colorado are you at?  

az-gunner -
You AZ guys seem to have a few activities going on - sounds like fun.

eagle1911 -
glad to hear it.  Sounds like Colorado now that the pre-emption law went into effect.

muzzle -
I have been wanting to get into High Power for a while now.  Sounds like this might be a good opportunity to pursue it if I move.

Thanks for the replies.  I'll re-post this in the AZ forum.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
We are having a cold spell right now. It was only 100 degrees today!

Actually, it was a gorgeous day and I shoulda gone camping.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Defcon -
I went to CSU and now live in Greeley.  I didn't know that there was anyone from around Ft. Collins on here.  I go to the archery range in Ft. Collins to shoot every couple of weeks.  Have you been to any of the Colorado AR-15 shoots?  I haven't had the opportunity yet.

DevilsAdvocate -
That sounds like last summer in southeast Colorado - nice and cool, 100 degrees.  Needless to say, the lakes were quite popular last summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top