Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:48:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
10 years of excellent service. That must be devastating for her. Now what does she have to go back to Mexico?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I vote fast track her then give her the job back
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
fuck her

I am sure there are plenty of ( probably better non affirmative action) qualified candidates that are citizens to fill her position

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
"She told us she was always under the impression through her mother that she was born in this country, and she did not really find out until this summer ... that she was an illegal alien through,
View Quote

Lying sack of shit.

Does she have a driver license? Social Security card??

Who the fuck vetted her hiring??

Heads should roll for this.

She just happens to be from one of the headquarter states for a giant drug cartel. Coincidence??
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck her. She's a liar. We have no idea what type of damage or corruption she could be tied to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
So, is her brother illegal also?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't they do fucking background checks on these people? Jesus Christ.

Hey Cartel dudes and Al Qaeda, just come on right across the border and get a job as a cop!

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fuck her. She's a liar. We have no idea what type of damage or corruption she could be tied to.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  If I was convicted based in part upon her testimony, I'd be on the phone with my lawyer this minute.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
ITT people with preconceived judgments spew hate with limited knowledge.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

She was here illegally, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's already proven to be dishonest. You cannot have people like that in a position of authority. I feel for her, but she should not get her job back. If you lie about your job history or qualifications, you should not have any expectation of getting or keeping a job, let alone a law enforcement one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lying sack of shit.

View Quote

Probably. She had a birth certificate too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

She just happens to be from one of the headquarter states for a giant drug cartel. Coincidence??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"She told us she was always under the impression through her mother that she was born in this country, and she did not really find out until this summer ... that she was an illegal alien through,

Lying sack of shit.

If her mom doctered her birth certificate, then she could have a license. In fact, I guarantee you she had one if she was DPS. This sort of thing actually happens a lot, relatively speaking. The fact that she passed the poly tells me she didn't know she was illegal. Shitty situation for her. Either way, she will get amnesty and might get her job back eventually.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure she knew exactly where she was born.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't see anything in the article that supports the assertion from some that she's a lying POS (claims she thought she was born here, not her fault if she was too young to know), I'd save that label for her parents.

No winners on this one. But I'd really like to know who did the background checks on her joining the cops and her brother joining the military.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If her mom doctered her birth certificate, then she could have a license. In fact, I guarantee you she had one if she was DPS. This sort of thing actually happens a lot, relatively speaking. The fact that she passed the poly tells me she didn't know she was illegal. Shitty situation for her. Either way, she will get amnesty and might get her job back eventually.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

I've seen this kind of bullshit story 1,000,000 time by the DREAM Act assholes.

i don't believe her for a second.

"oh yeah- my entire family is from Sinoloa- but me and my brother were magically transported to the U.S.  I have a 'birth certificate' that was based on a 90 year old mexican woman in some remote outpost in south Texas saying she was there in the house when I was born."

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]
The birth certificate that I have is the one my mom gave me when I went off to college at 18. It could be fake. How the hell would I know? I have gone through life presenting it as if it were real, and everyone has always accepted it at face value. If it turns out that it is false, have I committed any crime?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well so far she's be called corrupt, a liar, and it's been inferred she has connections with Mexican cartels.

However, it is perfectly likely and possible she wasn't aware until very recently that she was not legally a citizen.

When she did find out, she can't exactly apply for citizenship through proper channels without losing everything she had, so I can see her dilemma.

We get it, GD hates illegal immigration. GD also is unable to grasp the breadth of the immigration issue, or the more human facets of it. Deport her? Sure. Illegal? Sure. Lying, corrupt, cartel mole? .... Full Retard.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The birth certificate that I have is the one my mom gave me when I went off to college at 18. It could be fake. How the hell would I know? I have gone through life presenting it as if it were real, and everyone has always accepted it at face value. If it turns out that it is false, have I committed any crime?
View Quote

Maybe a test is in order.  Do you like tacos?  What is your stance on painted-on eyebrows?  When you see the clown car gag with 30 clowns coming out of a subcompact, do you think, "Hey I bet my whole family could do that too?"
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"oh yeah- my entire family is from Sinoloa- but me and my brother were magically transported to the U.S.  I have a 'birth certificate' that was based on a 90 year old mexican woman in some remote outpost in south Texas saying she was there in the house when I was born."

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.

Reading, do you do it? I'd ask about critical thinking when applying 'common sense' to what's been read, but I don't want to open that can of worms.

"She told us she was always under the impression through her mother that she was born in this country, and she did not really find out until this summer ... that she was an illegal alien through, I believe, a confrontation with her mother," Graves told The Associated Press.

Figueroa "had an exemplary record" and the circumstances of her departure don't put any investigations or prosecutions at risk, Graves said.

Efforts to reach Figueroa for comment were not immediately successful. Calls to a phone listed under her name were not answered, and Graves said he did not know whether she has an attorney.

He said the Department of Public Safety was informed of Figueroa's status Aug. 22, and she was placed on administrative leave with pay Sept. 4.

Keeping in mind that all we have to go on is the news article, judging from the quotes from the Department of Public Safety spokesman it appears that she informed the police as soon as she found out. I'd lay the blame for this at her parents feet. Just as I would blame your parents (hypothetically speaking) if you were a cop, suddenly found out you were an illegal immigrant from say...Canada and had to resign.

Edit: or is it the country of origin you have a problem with?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Keeping in mind that all we have to go on is the news article, judging from the quotes from the Department of Public Safety spokesman it appears that she informed the police as soon as she found out. I'd lay the blame for this at her parents feet. Just as I would blame your parents (hypothetically speaking) if you were a cop, suddenly found out you were an illegal immigrant from say...Canada and had to resign.

View Quote

It doesn't say anywhere in the article that she "informed" the department about anything.  The article implies that she was caught when her brother tried to apply for a passport.

"Figueroa's status was discovered when the State Department processed a passport application submitted by her brother, who is serving in the U.S. military, Graves said."
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
"she was under the impression through her mother that she was born in the United States"

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#26]
She is a criminal and needs to be treated as such.................fuck her!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
10 years of excellent service. That must be devastating for her. Now what does she have to go back to Mexico?
View Quote

Prison for fraud hopefully, then deportation.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe a test is in order.  Do you like tacos?  What is your stance on painted-on eyebrows?  When you see the clown car gag with 30 clowns coming out of a subcompact, do you think, "Hey I bet my whole family could do that too?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just passed your test, what does that mean?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.

Considering that 90% of the people I deal with are criminals, I like to think I have a pretty decent bullshit meter. A few factors make me believe her story is believable. The overwhelming one would be that criminals tend to avoid law enforcement at all costs. They certainly do not try and join a Law Enforcement agency that will require a background investigation and a polygraph that would likely end with them receiving jail time and in her case, deportation. If she knew she was illegal, she would have done her best to keep a low profile, not put herself in unnecessary scrutiny, for a paycheck. The risk far outweighs the benefit. How she actually passed the BI is beyond me. Maybe her parents were deceased. However, since she did pass it, she obviously kept her nose clean all of her life and was hired by a somewhat prestigious Agency.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#30]
WTF does the country of origin have to do with it?? Wrong is still wrong, I give no fucks where their from.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

Go on.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably, they only want to get rid of the productive ones. The lazy/criminal elements get to stay.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Throw her ass in Federal Prison
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#34]
FWIW, I think last year in AZ it was discovered that a female Hispanic officer was having not only a relationship with a known gang banger/drug runner, but was also passing along operational intel as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It doesn't say anywhere in the article that she "informed" the department about anything.  The article implies that she was caught when her brother tried to apply for a passport.

"Figueroa's status was discovered when the State Department processed a passport application submitted by her brother, who is serving in the U.S. military, Graves said."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's more likely:

A- Her brothers passport application triggered something and it sparked a family fight where she found out?

B- The State Department is so squared away that when her brothers passport application tripped a red flag, that they knew to call the Arizona State Police and had the initiative to do so?

The same federal government that can't pass info about the 9/11 hijackers between agencies notified a state police about a passport application?

Edit: Dance around the issue all you want. But the fact is had her family been from CANADA, there wouldn't be as many people in here boiling up some tar and grabbing a bag of feathers.

Yes, people that cross illegally are criminals and deserve to be treated as such. But a someone carried across the border as a baby 30-40 years ago just finding out deserves the benefit of the doubt, not a lynch mob calling for deportation or prison.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#37]
So she was born in Sinloa, "thought" she was born in the US and didn't find out until recently that she was not born in the US, but she just happened to have a Texas Birth Certificate????? Something smells.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

I hope so.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Go on.

View Quote

Polygraphs are a joke.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#40]
If she knew she wasn't a citizen before being called on it, and kept silent, she is a liar.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This there is a possibility that she never knew, why go after her?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Considering that 90% of the people I deal with are criminals, I like to think I have a pretty decent bullshit meter. A few factors make me believe her story is believable. The overwhelming one would be that criminals tend to avoid law enforcement at all costs. They certainly do not try and join a Law Enforcement agency that will require a background investigation and a polygraph that would likely end with them receiving jail time and in her case, deportation. If she knew she was illegal, she would have done her best to keep a low profile, not put herself in unnecessary scrutiny, for a paycheck. The risk far outweighs the benefit. How she actually passed the BI is beyond me. Maybe her parents were deceased. However, since she did pass it, she obviously kept her nose clean all of her life and was hired by a somewhat prestigious Agency.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.

On the other hand, she presented false documents, which they accepted, and apparently the background check did not turn up the rest of her illegal immigrant family, so it was probably not much of a check.  At best, she could have been an anchor baby, not exactly the kind of person you would pick to enforce immigration laws.

I wonder how many of the people doing the checking are actually illegals, and simply look over the problems.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What's more likely:

A- Her brothers passport application triggered something and it sparked a family fight where she found out?

B- The State Department is so squared away that when her brothers passport application tripped a red flag, that they knew to call the Arizona State Police and had the initiative to do so?

The same federal government that can't pass info about the 9/11 hijackers between agencies notified a state police about a passport application?

Edit: Dance around the issue all you want. But the fact is had her family been from CANADA, there wouldn't be as many people in here boiling up some tar and grabbing a bag of feathers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's more likely:

The wrongdoing, whether hers or her parents', would be the same. However, people are justified in being more damning of Mexican illegal immigration, given the crime and dependency rates of Mexican illegals compared to those of Canadian illegals.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

Oldest
Scam
In
The
Book.

I would usually be inclined to agree that criminals avoid LE but its been my experience that illegals don't view themselves as criminals. I would even go so far to say a lot of them feel entitled to the same rights and privileges as citizens.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Wouldn't surprise me if she did not know.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because no one else gets to play the 'I didn't know' card when they break the law.  That doesn't mean he sentencing or citizenship application shouldn't be modified if shes otherwise clean.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

This

There is no way in hell she did not know wtf was on her birth certificate. Her saying that is no different than ghetto rats saying the pants they are wearing aren't theirs and the drugs in their pocket must belong to the owner of the pants. It doesn't matter what she's done or didn't do. Not a citizen and she knew it. At least tell the truth.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lying sack of shit.

You're so smart, prove YOU'RE a citizen. Truth is you can't. NONE of us can and that's the irony. Your birth certificate is useless because you can't prove in any way that person listed is you. All a birth certificate does is record that a woman who claims to be a person named whatever the name she gave, gave birth to a child. That's all it does. WE TAKE IT BY FAITH when you present it that it's yours. I can't prove it isn't you and you can't prove it is.

That is the irony of all of this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top