Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:18:41 PM EST
Did anyone else see it? I had some damn background chatter and only heard part of it.

Heard the guy say he shot a pre-ban and stated the only difference was the stocks, lugs, and FS/H. Didn't seem anti from what I saw.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:23:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:26:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 4:27:28 PM EST by Misery]

Originally Posted By Paul:
All of Arizona get's the same channel 3?

No, well, I think Prescott might. Phoenix metro valley mainly. KTVK - Phoenix.

The home page has it as cover story. www.azfamily.com/

I'm not registering to read it however.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:26:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:
All of Arizona get's the same channel 3?

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:34:01 PM EST
Lift on weapons ban doesn't mean brisk sales

05:14 PM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, September 14, 2004

By Ted Koppy / NewsChannel 3 reporter

The assault weapons ban came to an end at midnight Monday. However, the expiration of a 10-year-old federal ban on weapons doesn't mean it's open season for gun dealers and enthusiasts.

And, for all the talk about the expiration of the assault weapons ban, it doesn't have gun lovers busting down the doors at Shooter's Word. Orders and money won't be taken until the store knows when they'll be able to sell them and how much the guns will cost.

Also Online

Activists want Arizona to ban assault rifles
Still, David Sanford is planning his next purchase. As a former serviceman, he wants a weapon as close to the military version as possible.

"I'm excited about it because I'm actually looking forward to replacing my AR-15," Sanford said. "I owned one years ago, and sold it to a sheriff's deputy, so I'm looking forward to replacing it with a new one."

For many, it's about the way the gun looks.

"It might look a little cooler, if by cooler you mean that sort of more SWAT look, with the pistol grips, and the collapsible stocks, and the flash hiders," said Brandon Fig of Shooter's World.

For others, weapons from the manufacturer will come with formerly banned accessories.

Currently, no new guns are available for sale but could arrive in a matter of days.

The store stocked up last week on some of the accessories that were on the banned list, and some of those items started flying off of the shelves last week.

Top Top