Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:00:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 7:01:26 PM EDT by five2one]
I hate when they do that
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:01:07 PM EDT
Yep, i heard it but did not watch, i always have to have that damn tv on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:02:12 PM EDT
what else would you expect?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:02:40 PM EDT
Yeah they kinda did.. but demmit, it's still my favorite law 'n order.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 7:05:17 PM EDT by five2one]

Originally Posted By HarrySacz:
Yep, i heard it but did not watch, i always have to have that damn tv on.

It was laughable.

The defense attorney cited a study that observing gun violence increases violence among children who witness it (something I wouldn't find surprising in real life), but then they make a giant leap that it was the guns fault and not the criminals who perpetrated the violence. geeeesh.

People will believe that crap.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:05:24 PM EDT
holy crap, a law and order show did an anti-gun episode?!?!?!?

SOMEBODY WAKE THE PRESIDENT!!!

Next thing you know one of the CSI shows will completely ignore real criminal science and the laws of physics!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:06:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HeldHostage:
Yeah they kinda did.. but demmit, it's still my favorite law 'n order.

I'll keep watching it too. I love all of them. All the L&Os that is.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:07:13 PM EDT
lots of it around. Just thinking of two instances the other day from two recently watched films: the latest Star Wars (jeti called pistols 'horrid things') and the Gangs of NY when asked if pistols would be included in the last big fight. When replied 'no' Butcher said that was honorable.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:13:49 PM EDT
i stopped watching shows like that. I remember watching NYPD blue and they go on and on with nonstop antigun BS and every crook in there world has a tec-9
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:16:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SFR:
i stopped watching shows like that. I remember watching NYPD blue and they go on and on with nonstop antigun BS and every crook in there world has a tec-9

I would be hard pressed to imagine a cop who would not give his left nut in exchange for a guarantee that every gun he & his brothers faced was a tec-9.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:16:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By junker46:
lots of it around. Just thinking of two instances the other day from two recently watched films: the latest Star Wars (jeti called pistols 'horrid things') and the Gangs of NY when asked if pistols would be included in the last big fight. When replied 'no' Butcher said that was honorable.

The Star Wars thing has been beaten to death already. It was about culture where a lightsaber was precise and elegant while a blaster was random and clumsy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:19:31 PM EDT
welcome to the Machine:

ISSUES: GUN VIOLENCE, FIREARM SAFETY & INJURY PREVENTION
Depiction Suggestions

The following points for consideration were created as a resource for entertainment development and production. They are not intended to limit the creative process.

Attempt to highlight alternative resolutions to conflict rather than relying on gunplay as the only or automatic means of settling confrontations. Clashes can be resolved by other less lethal means, perhaps by characters using their wits and cunning to overcome opponents.

Consider highlighting the emotional consequences for the shooter, such as feelings of guilt, remorse, personal angst, and so on.

Consider incorporating such real-life scenarios as:

The shooter or possessor of a gun being accidently injured by it.

A gun accidentally misfiring while being loaded or unloaded by a criminal or other user.

A gun misfiring and injuring someone after being accidentally dropped.

Consider the story potential that may exist in a family filing suit against a gun manufacturer for injuries or death sustained by a defective firearm that misfired.

continues:
http://eiconline.org/issues/gv/depiction.php
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:20:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:

Originally Posted By SFR:

I would be hard pressed to imagine a cop who would not give his left nut in exchange for a guarantee that every gun he & his brothers faced was a tec-9.

eh you could watch "four brothers" where the crooks have unlimited cash and fullauto AUG's and MP5K's
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:20:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bad_Aim:

The Star Wars thing has been beaten to death already. It was about culture where a lightsaber was precise and elegant while a blaster was random and clumsy.

Must have missed those threads. Catering to the impressionables the message was still the same.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:21:45 PM EDT
Is that the one where Ice-T plays a cop?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:35:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:40:52 PM EDT

Didn't stop them from having big honkin' cannons on their ships either.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:42:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wump:

+1

Everyone knows dat only da po-po be profeshunal 'nuff to han'dal da Glock Fo-Ty
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:42:17 PM EDT
Ice-T makes any show more credible..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:44:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Detective, prior to the SVU he was a Narcotics detective according to the show.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:44:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 7:45:26 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]

[The Star Wars thing has been beaten to death already. It was about culture where a lightsaber was precise and elegant while a blaster was random and clumsy.

I have never understood the whole blade culture thing at all
I personally do not think shooting a person is nearly as violent as stabbing or hacking them up
I have a hunch that most wackos serial killers whatever the vast majority of them used other means as opposed to fireams
They may have use firearms to abduct or whatever but to do whatever deed they must do to get excited i bet most use a knife, bludgen,or bare hands or whatever
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:47:18 PM EDT

Yes
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:53:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

+1

Whatever jerkoff.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:54:55 PM EDT
All the Law and Orders do anti-gun shows. One that comes to mind is where there is a gun dealer in jersey (I think) selling to New York residents. He sells a handgun to a woman and buys it in his own name.

Just the other night one of them really pissed me off. One of the detectives went into a guy's house and saw something gun related.

Detective: "You like guns, huh?"
Guy:"Yeah, so does our president."
Detective:"Well, I didn't vote for him."

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:56:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By okrobocop:

+1

Whatever jerkoff.

What? Why the sensitivity? Were you the dreadlocked pinhead in the "P'fessional" video?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:44:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:

[The Star Wars thing has been beaten to death already. It was about culture where a lightsaber was precise and elegant while a blaster was random and clumsy.

I personally do not think shooting a person is nearly as violent as stabbing or hacking them up
I have a hunch that most wackos serial killers whatever the vast majority of them used other means as opposed to fireams
They may have use firearms to abduct or whatever but to do whatever deed they must do to get excited i bet most use a knife, bludgen,or bare hands or whatever

I think it's supposed to be a class thing. Becoming proficient with a blade takes a lot more training than firearms. Didn't the Samurai consider guns to be uncivilized too?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:49:48 PM EDT
What do you expect? It is, after all, about "special" victims, whatever the fuck that is.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 8:55:04 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]

Originally Posted By TheSneak:

I think it's supposed to be a class thing. Becoming proficient with a blade takes a lot more training than firearms. Didn't the Samurai consider guns to be uncivilized too?

actually no they embraced firearms as soon as they had access
they were pratical soldiers they relized a sword was iinfeior to the bow ,spear ,and eventally the firearm

Best link I could find on short notice

BTW a arquebus is a musket
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:55:20 PM EDT

they were pratical soldiers they relized a sword was iinfeior to the bow ,spear ,and eventally the firearm

Ah, so it may be more of a myth. But myths are good enough for the movies.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:57:36 PM EDT

Jesus people, some of you guys are just wound up too tight. Next you'll be examining the anti-gun bias in "King Kong", oh wait, we already had loonies discussing that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:16:08 PM EDT
Um, I dont think the show was particularly anti-gun. The defense lawyer concocted that BS to get her client off, and a gun industry rep didnt like it. Its not like defense lawyers arent allowed to make up wild shit, hell look at OJ, robert blake, scot peterson etc. Also it would make some sense for the gun industry to not want the government to endorse a particular stance on the cause of gun violence. Anyone with half a brain can still tell that it takes a person with a gun to make it work. While I believe it is quite possible that witnesses or victims of violent crime, especially the younger and more impresionable, may be more likely to commit violence themselves, the gun is just the tool not the perpetrator. Either way get mad and dont watch the show anymore if you dont like it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:16:16 AM EDT
yep, I saw this crap and was very disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:26:20 AM EDT
45 minutes into the show and they sprung that shit. i was pissed! turned it and caught the ass end of mencia...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:37:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:
holy crap, a law and order show did an anti-gun episode?!?!?!?

SOMEBODY WAKE THE PRESIDENT!!!

Next thing you know one of the CSI shows will completely ignore real criminal science and the laws of physics!

+1
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:42:27 AM EDT
When we punish (boycott) their behavior they will stop. Until then the Hollywood propaganda machine marches on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:48:32 AM EDT
The persistent theme throughout all the Law & Order shows is that the cops can strongarm you and ignore the law if it gets results. Ever notice how they circumvent search warrants by threatening the searchee with losing business or something? Ever notice how they push into peoples apartments and basically perform illegal searches? It's been my belief for sometime that L&O is desensitizing people to police that cross the line.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:48:38 AM EDT

i don't watch any of the law and order shows for exactly that reason. they like to sneak in a few quick pokes at gun owners EVERY show. i get tired of seeing the same plot line over and over again.

"so, you didn't shoot him huh? well you DO have a registered pistol!"

that shit infuriates me. i think the L&O shows go out of their way to paint legit gun owning folk as criminals waiting to happen.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:54:52 AM EDT
Nothing special, though I didn't see it. The whole "Law & Order" is tainted in my view. The investigator (played by Jerry Orbach), whose character name I don't remember, repeatedly sneers pointedly at people's rights in general: "Yeah, he's got Constitutional RIGHTS" spoken with a very sarcastic tone. I don't know whether it was Mr. Orbach's spin, or the writer and director. Nevertheless it illustrates and furthers the idea among most liberals - and, unfortunately, many in law enforcement - that people's rights are a nuisance if they interfere with their (the liberals') agenda. Of course, that's nothing new: we all know that free speech is only that which agrees with the liberal agenda.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:06:00 AM EDT

Yup.

Cop killa and OG bigwig Ice-T playing a detective....

I watch the show every now and then but don't pay much attention to their stand on issues.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:08:53 AM EDT

Silly children who watch too much anime, for starters...

There is little else in this world as ugly as sticking a blade into a fellow human being. Give me a choice of a knife fight or a gunfight and I will choose gunfight any day.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By blacklisted:
All the Law and Orders do anti-gun shows. One that comes to mind is where there is a gun dealer in jersey (I think) selling to New York residents. He sells a handgun to a woman and buys it in his own name.

Just the other night one of them really pissed me off. One of the detectives went into a guy's house and saw something gun related.

Detective: "You like guns, huh?"
Guy:"Yeah, so does our president."
Detective:"Well, I didn't vote for him."

Should have continued as such:

Guy: "Your loss. By the way, Detective, what is that on your hip (or "in your shoulder rig")?
Detective: A duty weapon.
Guy: Oh, that's funny. I could have sworn it was THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:20:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 6:38:31 AM EDT by wise_jake]

+1

Whatever jerkoff.

What? Why the sensitivity? Were you the dreadlocked pinhead in the "P'fessional" video?

[too bad I don't have a pic of the actual ND to post here]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:22:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:
What do you expect? It is, after all, about "special" victims, whatever the fuck that is.

Obviously, some victims are more "special" than others. Either get with the program, or get on the cattle car.

P.S. If'n you're not careful, some of our betters might label you as an "obstructionist". I'd hate for you to lose any sleep over that label. It'd be worse than a scarlet A.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 6:45:42 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Even if Sneak was incorrect about the samurai reference, it still doesn't negate the other conclusions (which were correct, BTW).

Even still, I'd be willing to wager that the samurai had wished the firearm to never come along, however, for the same reason that "bullies" over here wished Colt's great "equalizer" had never come along.

If I were a Samurai, I'd eschew the development of firearms, too (whether I was a "bully" or not; that wasn't exactly the correlation I was trying to make).
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:31:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 8:21:58 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By DuBri:
Um, I dont think the show was particularly anti-gun. The defense lawyer concocted that BS to get her client off, and a gun industry rep didnt like it. Its not like defense lawyers arent allowed to make up wild shit, hell look at OJ, robert blake, scot peterson etc. Also it would make some sense for the gun industry to not want the government to endorse a particular stance on the cause of gun violence. Anyone with half a brain can still tell that it takes a person with a gun to make it work. While I believe it is quite possible that witnesses or victims of violent crime, especially the younger and more impresionable, may be more likely to commit violence themselves, the gun is just the tool not the perpetrator. Either way get mad and dont watch the show anymore if you dont like it.

During that evidentiary hearing sidebar, I knew the cause was lost when the first witness was called. The NGA lawyer (big step to see that NGA » NRA ) SHOULD HAVE called his first witness as such:

NGA Atty: Your honor, for my first witness, I would like to call....... THE GUN. After all, it is the one really on trial here."
(just to hammer home the point to everyone of how ridiculous it all was)

ETA: Actually, maybe it wasn't the evidentiary hearing I'm thinking about. It may have been the "actual" (earlier) trial of the boy. Annie Potts' character, spewing her foul venom about how [essentially] guns develop the mens rea to shoot all these people. Bitch, please.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:41:58 AM EDT

Hmm. I've read in several places that Japan was one of the few nations to have a total gun ban early on, so strictly enforced that guns were virtually eliminated from the island. No pretenses, it was done specifically so that the Samauri class could totally dominate the peasant class.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:44:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bullyforyou:
i don't watch any of the law and order shows for exactly that reason. they like to sneak in a few quick pokes at gun owners EVERY show. i get tired of seeing the same plot line over and over again.

"so, you didn't shoot him huh? well you DO have a registered pistol!"

that shit infuriates me. i think the L&O shows go out of their way to paint legit gun owning folk as criminals waiting to happen.

"Why would I shoot someone with a registered firearm?"

"Would it not make more sense for me to acquire the equivalent of your throwdown, with ABSOLUTELY NO PAPER TRAIL, for all of $20-$50 bucks?"

"As a registered firearm owner, why would I shoot someone other than in self defense of life or limb? Knowing you've got paper on me, I'd have to know I'd be a suspect."

No one (police, attys, or "mere citizens") in the original Law & Order show or the SVU spinoff is particularly smart.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:47:29 AM EDT

i don't watch any of the law and order shows for exactly that reason. <snip>

If you're not going to watch them, at least do it for the right reason.

i don't watch any of the law and order shows for exactly that treason. <snip>

Fixed.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:49:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

Shit, so those .38 Special bulllets I made out of frozen hamburger won't work?

G
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:49:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 6:51:45 AM EDT by fight4yourrights]

+1

Whatever jerkoff.

Really. Everyone knows that Hollyweird believes on the Police are professional enough to own guns.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:59:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
45 minutes into the show and they sprung that shit. i was pissed! turned it and caught the ass end of mencia...

I haven't watched any of the L&O shows for a while because of the anti gun crap.

Yesterday I thought, I'll give it another chance.

Never again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top