Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:22 AM EDT
Not that I take what you all have to say seriously, but I have a situation with a woman and I'm curious what you have to say.  So I met this girl, whom I like, a few weeks ago.  We've been dating since then.  She got out of a long relationship a couple months ago so it's all been slow and tentative.  I posted that a while ago and everybody said I was the rebound guy.  Since then I've found out some more about her.  A close relative is addicted to methamphetamine.  She has to deal with that and all the issued that come with it.  I found out that the last guy was also addicted to methamphetamine.  He was also a liar and not so considerate of a guy as he should have been.  So basically there have been people that she has cared about that have taken a toll on her.  She's not sure she wants a relationship right now.  I think it's because she's afraid I'm going to hurt her like past guys have.  

On a side note, my last girlfriend wasn't the greatest.  Lying, cheating, manipulating....  That was a couple years ago and I didn't exactly get right back on the horse.  

So while I don't fully understand what she's going through, I know what it's like to be manipulated and used.  She wants to figure out what it is she wants and if she's ready to get involved.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]

(She might be a great gal. I just like posting this pic.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What do you think?

Have fun, if she's not willing to try and make you happy, move on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What do you think?

You should loan him your old "craigslist" personal add, that you posted here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What do you think?

You should loan him your old "craigslist" personal add, that you posted here.

This one?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Slow is exactly the right speed.  You'll NEVER get in trouble by taking your time!!!!

"Doesn't know what she wants"...........don't push anything, and if she can't commit, accept it and just move on.  Sometimes even when you really dig a person, you just can't deal with commitment.

You have two ears, and one mouth.  If you use them like God intended, you'll be fine!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
good luck finding one that doesnt have issues. no really, good luck
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#7]
She was surrounded by Meth heads?  

A) She has probably contracted on of the Alphabet Hepatiti.
B) Ex boyfriend/relative addict will constantly knock on the door to score cash to get high.
C) Ex boyfriend/relative will rob you blind to get high.
D) Ex boyfriend/relative will become paranoid and try to kill her and/or you.
E) All of the Above

Run like you were the only white guy in New Orleans who has water and food.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This one?

Thanks for that, Professor.  I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe.  It's so close to how I feel right now it's uncanny.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
good luck finding one that doesnt have issues. no really, good luck

+1, They're crazy.  We go in, looking for pie, then it's like the crazed female wolf in heat comes out and kicks your ass every time That's the war you can't win, for sure.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Everyone has issues, you just have to judge what degree of issues you're willing to deal with.  This one sounds like she has issues I woulden't want to deal with. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Run Forest, Run!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  Used again.  Make me feel good, thanks....no....bye.  That's what it was.    
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:04:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I have seen situations like this several times, don't know if she is like all the others I have seen

What USUALLY happens is that she will drop you for her old boyfriend or a DIFFERENT meth head.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#15]
If she doesn't feel confident and trusting enough in your right now to make things work...what makes you think she would be better later?  If she was attracted to you and view you as a stable guy she could trust than she would want you by her as she was going through this.  Instead you are saying she isn't sure if she wants you around...which means instead of a positive she views you as a negative and a burden to her.  You can't fix the way she feels....so you need to run.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
........She got out of a long relationship a couple months ago.........

WAAAAAAAAY too early for her at this point man

I've been "Flushed" by old GF's in the past and ain't heard from them for 4-5-6 months while they saw other guys only to have them call me at 3am whenever "Mr Wonderful" fell down on the job.  I was sleeping with one old gal-pal as She and her new "Love" planned their wedding (She actually asked me if I'd continue sleeping with her after the wedding because she was "Addicted" to me.  I didn't make enough $$$ in them days to be hubby material but I was good for a "Go-To" guy lol)

Give Her a few more months distance from Her last relationship and THEN see how things are going High'.  You could be nothing more than reassurance to Her at a time She's feeling alone to the next great love of Her life but, 2 months out of a relationship (?)  you might as well roll dice to know what's in Her head "Fer REAL".

Good luck man.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/biw70h.jpg

(She might be a great gal. I just like posting this pic.)

Is that you in the rocket chair?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:54:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't rush it, just take it's course, and don't plan on getting laid for a little bit,
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:58:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Everyone has issues, you just have to judge what degree of issues you're willing to deal with.  This one sounds like she has issues I woulden't want to deal with. YMMV.

+1

my $0.02:  just be yourself and go do things YOU like to do.. you'll find someone (or they may find you).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top