Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:44:29 PM EDT
The Seven Samurai thread got me thinking. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=951125&page=1&
What is everybody's favorite samurai movies?

Mine are Yojimbo, Seven Samurai, and the Shogun Assassin movies, better known as Lone Wolf and Cub.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Seven Samurai thread got me thinking. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=951125&page=1&
What is everybody's favorite samurai movies?

Mine are Yojimbo, Seven Samurai, and the Shogun Assassin movies, better known as Lone Wolf and Cub.

Mifune's "Samurai Trilogy" about Musashi is pretty good. I also like every Zatoichi movie I've seen, including the ridiculous recent one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
'ZATOICHI' The blind swordsman.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't rattle them off but I do enjoy Samurai saturday theatre!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Lone Wolf And Cub is my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Zatoichi is the shit! ––- but ONLY with Shintaro Katsu. Takeshi Kano ruined the character and story.
Ichi-san FTMFW!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What ever movie that was where the guy is in a subay train and walking with a samurai sword.  He gets caught so he breaks it.  Some special sword maker then makes him a new one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zatoichi is the shit! ––- but ONLY with Shintaro Katsu. Takeshi Kano ruined the character and story.
Ichi-san FTMFW!

Word.... the old Zatoichi movies were far superior.  The new one did not have the same feel at all, not to mention the cheesy japanese tap dancing thing at the end.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmm... I have never seen any of the Zatoichi films. Guess I'll have to check them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top