Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 2:28:20 PM EDT
Last Friday:  I went out with some friends and some of their friends to a typical Seattle bar.  This one girl is really cute.  However, she proceeds to get a little tipsy along with her friend.  So when we leave the first bar and go to a second one we have to climb up a kinda steep hill and that made her not feel so good.  So we end up leaving and it ends up with my buddy, his girlfriend, me, and the hot chick back at my buddies place.  So I sleep on the couch and she sleeps on an air matress next to the couch.  We stayed up until four in the morning talking.

Saturday:  I confer with my friends girlfriend and discover that the one I like likes me too.  Sunday night after work we are going over to her place to watch a movie.

Sunday:  We go over there, again, just a group of friends, and watch Donnie Darko.  We sit on the love seat together.  Not quite snuggling up together, but it was close and comfortable.  When we head out that night she gives me a big ol' hug.  Not the kind that a friend that happens to be a girl gives you, but a BIG OL' HUG.

Monday:  Talk to my friends, learn out some more about her.  Find out that she really likes me because I was being totally sweet on Friday, blah, blah, gentlemen, blah, blah, blah.....  Basically, she likes me, a lot.

Wednesday: Me and my buddy pick the two up after work and go play pool.  I instruct, she learns.  Some close moments.  We got to Dick's (Seattle fast food) and get some grub.  From there it's back to my buddies to watch a movie (Transporter).  So again, we're on the couch, and there was some definitive snuggling going on.  Hand contact, real sweet stuff.  I have to drive her back to get her car afterwards.  We kiss.  No goodnight peck either.  

Next Wednesday:  We have a date to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she gets off work.

So, she just got out of a relationship three weeks ago that was going on for five years.  She's 23.  I haven't dated in two years, the last one lasted one year.  I'm 21.  She likes me, says she really does and doesn't want me to be just the rebound guy.  I like her, but don't want to rush things.  So, this is where you guys come in, with the vast combined amount of knowledge that is arfcom, advise me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You're the rebound guy. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

DITTO

Also, gotta love Dick's!!  Man I miss that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Rebound guy = it won't last.  Period.

I've never had luck with girls on the rebound.  They want to talk and blah blah and never any more.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

this is almost worth buying a membership just to make this my sigline
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Who cares if you are the rebound guy. Hook up with her and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this is almost worth buying a membership just to make this my sigline

LOL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Rebound guy = it won't last.  Period.

I've never had luck with girls on the rebound.  They want to talk and blah blah and never any more.  

I have had it work.  I'm not contradicting you guys saying rebound is dead-end...I think often it is.  Sometimes you can get it past the rebound thing though.

I'm no expert but I think if you draw the process out and hold off on sex longer the chances of getting out of the rebound rut increase.

My $.02...like I said, I'm no expert.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]
The first rule is to date within your own species.

The second rule is that no one knows what species wimminz belong to.

She'll drive you crazy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah dude, hook it up. Just make sure she gets emotionally involved before you do. Then you got nothing to lose. Trust me brother. This is experience talking here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Enjoy the ride while it lasts and then the day she turns 24* then trade her in for a newer model.

oh yes, if you get any ideas... Read this first!

* over the hill
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Bang it like a retard on a drum set.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you like her? It sounds like she likes you. Go for it.

Screw that rebound nonsense (no disrespect intended to those who subscribe to that). Take her out, have a good time, and whatever happens happens. I was on a rebound when I met my wife, and I consider my marriage the best marriage out of everybody I know. I'm truly blessed with my wife.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yep.

That fact combined with the fact that you're going to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with her SOOOO means your gonna get laid.

She's going to go Oompa Loompa on your ass. Hope you brought your appetite, Herr Gloop.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Stayed up until 4am talking? Hope you enjoy being her new 'friend/pal'.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stayed up until 4am talking? Hope you enjoy being her new 'friend/pal'.

Yep.  The kind that kiss.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The Ladder Theory

This is required reading for ARF.com 101. You WILL BE TESTED on this material.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah you better hurry up and make a move on your date. Kiss that chick before you end up becoming just a friend.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Let me go find some hive-mind retards to post in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#20]
And you have yet to get laid?  Wtf man... after I got out f a two year relatinship, I managed too screw roughly two dozen girls in a three month time span.  Congrats on being the rebound, the sex is going to be rediculous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top