Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 2:12:56 PM EDT
  But we aren't in need of a militia, even if they are over 17! If they were signed up for the draft, that would make a little more since, but a right? Ok, I'm going to carry a rocket launcher inside my house with one thousand rockets for it because its my right. I am then going to sit outside of my house with it and aim it at people. Cause its my right.

----------------- Original Message -----------------

the Militia of the united states is any able bodied person over the age of 17. What you said sir is wrong entirely. It has been deemed aan indepedent right.

IT IS THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE IF THEY ARE IN THE MILITIA WHICH MOST OF THEM ARE NOT!!!

It's still THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE!!!!!

The key word is NAVAL militia. The people with guns in there homes are not on a ship. They are in a house.

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

The right states that you can bear arms in case you are needed in the militia. No one is needed in the militia right now.

Good luck with that. People won't willingly give up there rights. You have to have a clean record to buy any gun anyway.

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/4.0/GunFacts4-0-Screen.pdf

Nope, you didn't, cause those statistics suck. And they would do a lot more than just say "ok now, you have to turn in your guns" they would go through a huge prosses that would take a couple years to look at documents of people who have bought guns and then they would go from there. And yes, SOME of the bad people get the guns illegily, but the person who they bought it from DIDN'T get it illegally, meaning that the police could come and say you owe us those guns then the guy is like I don't have them then he'll have to tell the police who he sold them too. And crime would only go up because those bad guys kept the guns. As long as we take the time and money to make sure we have every gun or close to every gun. Yes, that is what I beleive. And fine, you can kepp hunting stuff, IF YOU HAVE A CLEAN RECORD. But if you don't, then you don't get a hunting gun.

Oh, you think if guns were banned criminals wold suriously turn in guns? I doubt it. Hunting and sportind are completely different. If a burgurlur breaks into MY house I want to most effective tool a can get. Most bad guys get guns ILLEGALLY that are ILLEGAL. I wounld n't count on police. They cannot keep you safe every waking moment. You manage to call 911, they arrive 5-15 minutes AFTER you CALL. By this time the crime is commited, they're out of they, miles away. With a gun they the crime can be stopped, instead of you being a victim. It's already illegal for "bad people" to have guns. Yes sporting is THAT important. The second ammendment has already been infriged SEVERAL times. Do you really want you LEADERS to be the only ones to have guns? Come on, thats why we have the second ammendment. Like I said before, Thats EXACTLY what Hitler did. EXACTLY. Statistics prove LESS GUNS, MORE CRIME. California has close to the most crime, by percent and the strictest gun laws. Wyoming, one of the lowest, has almost NO gun laws. Hope I have Pursuaded you somewhat.

hunting and sporting are the same thing for one, and plus, what would they protect us from? OTHER PEOPLE WITH GUNS. Guess what? If no one was alloud to have a gun, NEITHER WOULD THE BAD PEOPLE. And I dind't say that people who protect other people like the navy or the police can't have guns, just the poeple who just have them as "self protection" (from other people with guns, and they wouldn't have guns cause they wouldn't be able to get them anywhere) just have to settle with swords or bats or something. Look, sporting? Is it really THAT important? Sure, maybe its fun, but come on! Its not THAT important. Sure, having guns has its advantetges, but NOT being able to have a gun gives us more, like a lot lower death count. Also, the people in the government (well, the people who are protecting government officials) would have guns to protect against people who WON'T have guns cause they can't get them.

Guns are tools. It IS an INDIVIDUAL right to carry ANY gun. They are used for self-protection, hunting, sporting, and a way to prevent governmental Tyranny. The National guard does not replace the millitia described in the second ammendment.
go here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=424471&page=1

look at this:

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes
Release date: 2005-07-12

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
then tell me guns aren't important.
Do you know who else wanted to ban civilians from gun ownership? Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, etc. See why banning guns is bad now?
AND

the second amendment goes, " A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BARE ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!"

Correction, when the republicans and democratic parties were made, the republicans were cool and the democrats were stupid, but then the democrats beileved in all the republican stuff and the republicans beilieved in all the democrat stuff, so they just switched sides on things, thus making Democrats the coolest ever. And what the hell with those guns? Who gives a shit about guns? Republicans apparently, they don't help at all exept in war. "oh but to hunt!" heres the thing, you don't need to hunt you morons, its just a sport, get over it. Guns should be banned period.

That second amendment stuff was bullshit. BTW, Assault rifles are illegal. They all have full auto, what you were talking about was a regular non-full auto rifle. Democrats USED to be cool, (Kennedy was awesome) but then they got all this left wing bullshit and went to Hell in a handbasket.

Found this. That one guy knows his stuff, the other is a dumbass.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Once of those is clearly a twelve year old.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Neither of them can spell/type worth shit
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

LOL  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL  

+1

Edit: You spelled one wrong
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top