Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 8:02:57 AM EDT
My youngest son(6) always wanted to rent it, and saw the adds on T.V. and thinks it looks like fun.  Yesterday at K-Mart, it was on sale for 14.99.  

It looks pretty fun, and is a 4 player game that my boys and I like to play together.  My oldest wants to know what the real Area 51 is, so that was an interesting conversation.  

Funny thing....at the register, the gal asks my wife(36) if she is old enough to buy this game.  My wife and I had just gotten done laughing about the fact that if you added up the ages of our sons they would equal 17, the age that the game is appropriate for.

So, anyone played it?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Rented it played a total of 2 hours tops sucked.

Rule of thumb if it is relatively new say last 6 months and it is below $29 it is safely assumed it blows.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I played it.

Really really sucked.  Avoid like the plague.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Average Reviews run 7-8 out of 10 thier overly generous.
reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/937/Area-51/p1/

Shooters are nearly always best on Xbox  Halo 1 & 2 Ghost Recon series or Rainbow six series.  For PS2 Killzone in the bargains department or Socom3.  Gamecube RE4.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Shooters are nearly always best on Xbox  Halo 1 & 2 Ghost Recon series or Rainbow six series.  For PS2 Killzone in the bargains department or Socom3.  Gamecube RE4.

RE4 isnt a shooter.

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 are the best shooters.  Period.  Nevermind the fact that they are on gamecube
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RE4 isnt a shooter.

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 are the best shooters.  Period.  Nevermind the fact that they are on gamecube

Played it yet?  I own it it is pretty much a shooter greatest game yet on the GC in my opinion.  I bought the GC under the impression that WWE Wrestling games like that of the N64 would be on it, thus far I am dissapointed in the WWEs efforts for a quality game on any system since, and no I do not watch it just loved the games on the N64.  Didn't really get into GC Metroids though.  Avoid Ghost Recon series on PS2 though left that out earlier.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RE4 isnt a shooter.

Played it yet?  I own it it is pretty much a shooter greatest game yet on the GC in my opinion.  I bought the GC under the impression that WWE Wrestling games like that of the N64 would be on it, thus far I am dissapointed in the WWEs efforts for a quality game on any system since, and no I do not watch it just loved the games on the N64.  Didn't really get into GC Metroids though.  Avoid Ghost Recon series on PS2 though left that out earlier.

Played it and beat it a couple of times.  I got it on release day for the gamecube  I still dont think it qualifies as a shooter though, none of the resident evil games for that matter.  totlally different genre.

You really ought to check out the Metroid Prime games on gamecube.  They are the reason I bought a gamecube in the first place.  Totally awesome games.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RE4 isnt a shooter.

Played it and beat it a couple of times.  I got it on release day for the gamecube  I still dont think it qualifies as a shooter though, none of the resident evil games for that matter.  totlally different genre.

You really ought to check out the Metroid Prime games on gamecube.  They are the reason I bought a gamecube in the first place.  Totally awesome games.

Already have doesn't do much for me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes I played it.

Really really sucked.  Avoid like the plague.

Well, I wonder if my 6yr old will think it sucks.  Oh, well; definately not his only present.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top