Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 5:11:57 AM EDT
Anyone out there stockpiling anything besides ammo.

Thought I'd go out to Costco today and buy 100 gallons of bottled drinking water.

I just cant' keep thinking of the anthrax thing or someone popping off a nuke in L.A.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
We all need to be aware that it is once the bombs start falling over there, that we will be targets at here home also.  The yare no longer afraid of hitting us here, and we can't be afraid to respond to their attacks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, have been for 10 yrs, why? If you have to ask, you have been asleep!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, have been for 10 yrs, why? If you have to ask, you have been asleep!
View Quote

See above!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I came home early on Tuesday and filled up the two 55 gallon food grade blue water barrels that I bought for Y2K. I'm glad nothing happened on 01/01/00, but I'm also glad I bought those barrels.

I have an M40 NBC mask, but I've been considering buying another so the wife and I are both taken care of in that respect. It's just a matter of time before we have a sarin attack here, like the Nipponese got in Tokyo.

Oh, and I have a few rounds of ammunition too. On stripper clips. In ammo cans.

[b]Freedom isn't free[/b]
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Seen on a bumper sticker, "REAL AMERICANS DON'T NEED TO BUY GUNS....THEY ALREADY HAVE THEM".

Preparedness is a way of life.  My efforts don't depend on events like the WTC destruction to motivate me.  While the lemmings were busy buying $3 flashlights at Wally World and stocking up on expensive bottled water at the eve of Y2K, I drained the oil out of my generator as a sign of my contempt for the foolishness.  Tools and supplies are necessary, but what you store between your ears is 99% of the equation.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Like Jarhead 22, I have 2 blue plastic 55 gallon drums for water, a 5000 watt generator, an M40 protective mask, and "several" rounds for my 2 AR's, Fal, and other weapons. Also 30 mags for each, and bandoleers for each, + ammo in the can or in 25mm Bushmaster cannon fiberglass containers.
I don't only think this first wave is over, there are 2d, 3d, and on and on waves of attacks that will be coming down the pike. This war will not be a short, or cheap one. We have a choice, deal with it, or be picked apart by the vultures to a point where we are the ones living in near stone age conditions. Like they currently do in Afganistan.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I stockpiled mag parts.
Due to the Canadian limit to 5rds mags I took a large amount of millitary thermolds and took them apart and boxed them away. By law they are considered replacement parts and not full mags. Its just for a SHTF type situation.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have been selling off my stocks because of the down turn in the economy.
View Quote

HA! HA!
I've been doing the opposite.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I live on a lake, plenty of game around. We keep a couple months worth of canned goods. In a pinch we're out in the middle of nowhere. I've taken care of our weapon and ammo needs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm stockpiling
4 boxes of monticristos
set me back a pretty penny, but if for some reason trade with cuba is cutoff to Canada. I don't wanna be without fine cigars!

VIVA LA FIDEL!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I am trying to lay in a supply of beer, but I have to keep buying more it doesn't seem to last long;)
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Why? because I remember "RATIONING".  Look at where most of the ammo you buy comes from; South Africa, South America, IMI, China, USSR - not if, but when the SHTF the ammo manufacturers in this country will be hard pressed to even meet the military needs, there just won't be any production capability left for the private sector.  Imagine not being able to buy any ammo for the next five years; plan/act accordingly.  Any ammo that will be available will cost more per round then a gallon of gas.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Why am I stockpiling? Because I love my family my country and my life, and I'll be damned if anyone will take it away.(also its fun as Hell!)
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#17]
30K in ammo and I will not be hungry either
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#18]
[b]Ammo: The currency of the New New-Economy! (TM)[/b]

I'm good on food, need more water.  Ammo is a definite must since I own more guns now than I did for Y2K.  Selling off some tech gear so I can order another couple thousand rounds, just in case.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top