Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2001 6:45:25 AM EDT
I notice more and more people are posting from the state of Iowa. What do you say we all get together and have a shoot before the end of summer or at least early fall.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez, why in the hell would anyone admit it? Bunch of sister kissing, corn growing, booger eaters without a pro sports team!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Geez, why in the hell would anyone admit it? Bunch of sister kissing, corn growing, booger eaters without a pro sports team!!!
View Quote

this is roy "goddamn" mercer, and i have a 55 gallon drum of whip ass, and im gonna pour it ALL over ya.

anyway, i would maybe be into a iowa shoot. we would have to figure where every one is and get a central location.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Being in Georgia you are close enough for this Iowa boy to make a pit stop on his way to Blackwater. You sister f*ckin', no crop havin', sh*t for brains goober with no sports team.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a temporary Iowan. LOL, I think a Iowa Shoot would be sweet. I'm in the South Eastern corner.

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Being in Georgia you are close enough for this Iowa boy to make a pit stop on his way to Blackwater. You sister f*ckin', no crop havin', sh*t for brains goober with no sports team.
View Quote

Keep it up. I'll be all over you like a rat on a cheeto!

How big a boy are ya, anyway?

I hear the birds fly upside down over iowa 'cuz thar ain't nuthin' worth shittin' on.

What does a girl from Iowa say when she loses her virginity?  "Git off me, Daddy...yer crushin' my cigarettes!"

Why is Minnesota so windy? Cuz Canada sucks and Iowa blows!

R.D. Mercer
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I married my lesbian sister from Iowa and named all our kids RoyDamnMercer, bless their little booger eatin' hearts...'a course they ain't playin' no sports, neither...on a count'a they'z so bizzy plantin' karn.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#8]
OK Cut the Sh!t @$$holes.

I am serious here.

Email me if your are interested. YA ALL
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT because I really did marry an IOWA girl---somebody elses sister!

And I'm booger-eatin' serious.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Roy - get off the porch and put some shoes on and pick up one of those square things with paper in it and do something called "reading" you num skull.  I seem to recall some Iowa boys often called "Grey Hounds" pounded your southern butt before - you lookin for more of the same?  Show some respect to some freedom loving Northerners - a Southern Gent you are not.   Iowa has CCW and more of it then any other state I would say.  So stick that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey Roy - get off the porch and put some shoes on and pick up one of those square things with paper in it and do something called "reading" you num skull.  I seem to recall some Iowa boys often called "Grey Hounds" pounded your southern butt before - you lookin for more of the same?  Show some respect to some freedom loving Northerners - a Southern Gent you are not.   Iowa has CCW and more of it then any other state I would say.  So stick that in your corn cob pipe and smoke it!
View Quote

Iowa has CCW and more of it?  Come to Kennesaw Georgia...we have a law that REQUIRES every household to have a gun and proper ammunition. Beat that.

BTW...all you offended sister kissers from Iowa...At least we have the courtesy and respect to actually marry our sisters! Now THAT'S a gentleman fer ya!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#12]
roy damn mercer, normaly iowa jokes dont bother me one bit, but your bullshit had pretty much killed a thread that we are trying to use to get intrest in a state wide ar15.com shoot, so take your dumb jokes to a diffrent thread, ***********

edited in respect to roydamnmercer
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
roydamn mercer, normaly iowa jokes dont bother me one bit, but your bullshit had pretty much killed a thread that we are trying to use to get intrest in a state wide ar15.com shoot, so take your dumb jokes to a diffrent thread, you fucking fuck.
View Quote

Geez Louise!!! I was all ready to apologize for stepping on toes in response to your post until I got to the last three words. I am actually from the midwest (MN) and have extreme pride in my midwestern roots, including my Iowan relatives. In Minnesota, we give Iowan's a good natured ribbing just like here in Georgia we like to pick on Alabamans. Your lack of a sense of humor and poor use of the English language speaks volumes of your intellect and is a sad reflection on you. I know you are not a fair representative of the good people of Iowa. Although the hard-working and generally stoic demeanor of Iowan's makes them easy targets, I believe most people would realize it was all in good fun. (except you)

To all others my apologies and good luck with the shoot! BTT

Roy D. Mercer
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
roy D mercer, sorry i got so worked up. a friend watched me type that and said i shouldnt end it like that. i guess he was right. i will edit it in respect.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Matt, thanks for editing. I would like to point out that out of the 14 posts to this topic only four were from actual Iowans and only three of them actually showed interest in a shoot. I take exception to the inference that I am  somehow keeping people from getting together to shoot. If anything I have been useful in keeping this thread off of page 3 were I found it again this morning. Although my sense of humor may be weak, at least my posts have kept this thread alive. So again with my apologies and best wishes (sincerely) I'll BTT again. I truly hope that all the enthusiasts in Iowa take Zipster up on this invitation.

I realize that gun owners are our own worst enemy sometimes and I wish not to contribute to the problem. I think we DO need to keep our humor though. Good natured ribbing and interstate rivalries have made this country worth living in. (e.g. Army vs. Navy...Texas vs. Oklahoma, etc)

Useless post mode: off
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I- Idiots
O- Out
W- Wandering
A- Around.

From a FIB
c-rock
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, I for one am from Iowa and am enjoying it a whole bunch.  I was raised here in south central Iowa. Leon in fact.  We in fact just moved back here from Colorado Springs after 8 years out there.  Miss the mountains, but don't miss the traffic.  Have more time to shoot here anyway...

Patsue
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Grew up in Storm Lake and now live in Sioux City.  Iowa is hard to beat.  On top (or near) of the nation in education, ag production, and conservative values.  Unfortunately, we have four urban areas (Des Moines, Waterloo, Iowa City,and the Quad Cities) that overrule the greater majority of conservatism in our state and it seems that our presidential electoral votes go to the friggin Dems.  The Iowa map after the election looked like the national map when comparing urban vs rural areas voting.  In any case, you'll be hard pressed to find a better state to raise a family.

As far as shooting, I'd be happy to make a trek to the Des Moines (central Iowa) area for an Iowa shoot.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Van Meter, just west of Des Moines, on I-80 has a great 800 yard range that is flat and surrounded by forested hills on two sides. There is a seperate pistol range and picnicing areas there too. It'd be a great place for a fall (when it's not so humid) get together and shoot. Count me in!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#20]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]
first : roymercer, thanks for keeping the thread going after the little exchange earlyer

second:    JRB L1A1, if you grew um in storm lake, then you know where aurelia is right?
well thats where i am. a small world i guess.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Spent 4 great years in Iowa in the Mid 70's.  Great place to live, great place to raise a family.  When I first got there I had to get used to some of the agricultural commercials though.  Example: The Treflan commercial of two pigs running towards each other in slow motion across a field with the theme of "Love Story" playing in the background.  Man were those a trip to a guy from the east coast.  There, the idea of summer youth employment was de-tassling corn for Pioneer seed.  12 half mile rows of corn to yank the tassles out of.  I felt like a migrant farm worker for about a week doing that shit.  Did some great waterfowl hunting out at my friends cabin on the cedar river.  Chicago was close but not TOO close.  I read somewhere that Iowa was the most "white" state in the union with only about 5% minority representation.  Having lived there, I can believe it.  An even better reason to go back since this usually equates to a lower crime/poverty rate.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#23]
CrimsonGhost: Iowa IS flat!
 I got married in Newton at Maytag Park (for you non-flatlanders, Newton is where the famous MAYTAG brand is made).  Newton was like Mayberry, and if I could have left everything and stayed there, I would have been living in a dream.  I could NOT believe the differences compared to where I grew up.  Still, when we drove back into Washington, I was astounded by the mountains and water and green of my home state!  Too bad we can't just shitcan all the Liberals outta here!

RoyDamnMercer: Kennesaw has some nice folks! My long distance carrier is Marathon USA, a pro-gun organization based in Kennesaw.  And, the girl on the phone there was just "skippy"!!!

I hope you guys get together for a shoot.  Good Luck and Have Fun.

BTT for the cause.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#24]
TRW, iowa was the whitest state, but meatpacker IBP changed that with thier illeagle mexician  immagrant smuggling. soon a town near me white is gonna be a small minority. seriously, they have taken over the town
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow,
I lived in Storm Lake for 2 years from 1990 to 1992, and worked at IBP there for a few months at the end.  You're not kidding about the Hispanics taking over the town.

Been to Aurelia, Sioux City, several times.

Now live in Leon, Iowa way down south
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#26]
The best TV commercial aimed at farmers was the one for a food supplement for hogs to fatten them up.  Their slogan was, "slows the feed to speed the finish."  I accuse my native Iowan wife of doing that to me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#27]
OK this thread is dying and I want to get a shoot going. Please email me if you are interested so I can get this worked out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top