Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:10:17 PM EST
I haven't been doing too much ordering yet for some parts to "fix" my AR15 rifles.

Have the big guys (Armalite, Bushmaster, RRA, Etc.) had parts like collapsable stocks & barrels with flash suppressor and bayonet lugs in stock or are the backorders starting to pile up?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:29:27 PM EST
I ordered a Vortex flash hider today, after waiting for their 'large shipment' of Vortex's to arrive. It obviously wasn't large enough because when I ordered mine there were only 5 left, 4 after I placed my order.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:38:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 8:39:16 PM EST by GodBlessTexas]
I'm starting to see some companies jack up their prices. Case in point, Mounting Solutions had the 50rd 10/22 teardrop LEO magazines for $49.99 before the ban. Now theysay the new price is $79.99, and all the sites that carry them have that price now. Unfreaking believable.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:41:13 PM EST
Yes.

Collapsible AR stocks are hard to find immediate availability.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:44:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By COZ_45:
Yes.

Collapsible AR stocks are hard to find immediate availability.

Yeah, I got an email from Tapco that mine won't be in until 10/10. I replied and I told them this is important! I've been waiting 10 years (and 2 days) for this.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:45:07 AM EST
Flash hiders are getting harder to find.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:47:34 AM EST
You should've ordered your stuff 3 months ago.

Mag prices will drop/stabalize within the next few months.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:51:52 AM EST
I ordered a armorers wrench, A2 flash suppressor, peel washer, new gas tube and pins from Bushmaster monday morning. I haven't got an email from Bushmaster saying its backordered. Also, got a no ban 20" heavy barrel from DPMS same time and it will be at my house tommorrow.

Keving67
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:04:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 7:08:40 AM EST by GodBlessTexas]

Originally Posted By Janus:
You should've ordered your stuff 3 months ago.

Mag prices will drop/stabalize within the next few months.

Oh, I just picked up 15 NIW Centerline 30rd USGI mags manufactured 10/2003 for $10/each. Hi-cap glock mags can be found for $20 or less. Butler Creek 25rd mags can be found between $20-25 for the plastic lipped Hot Lips mags. But some manufacturers have specifically jacked up their pre-ban LEO mag prices by as much as 58%. It would seem to me that it would be better to move many magazines at $49.99 would be better than moving a few at $79.99. If the price comes back down, I'll buy some. It not, then there's no point.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:06:45 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:11:20 AM EST
Collectors have all but wiped out the supply of LE marked AR's and mags. Been calling all morning to find a customer some. Just let things settle down, prices will drop after the initial craze, I'm in no hurry. Mfrs will produce like crazy then have over stocks to try & dump.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:35:17 AM EST
I got a collapsable stock from Ace LTD www.riflestocks.com that I've always wanted (was incredibly expensive though).

Got lucky to find a bunch of flash suppressors at Bushmaster this morning. They also had superlight barrels with all the evil features so I got one of those also. Had to backorder the 5-port phantom and the complete M4 barrel though.

I still want a couple of 6 position stocks for a couple of ARs but I'm really in no hurry for them right now.

What I'm really aching for is a paratrooper kit for a FAL but I want to take my time to find the best one I can as its going on my favorite FAL that I built myself.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas. Hope you guys are having fun also.
Top Top