Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 9:47:09 PM EDT
I always show up to work early, today I was about an hour early, normally Im 15min to an hour early.

Quess its a good thing.

Anyone else get in early all the time
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I am always early to work, nowadays it seems its not that big of a deal anymore
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
always 10-15 minutes early, just a habit from the Army
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell no. I show up on time, but they aint paying me to be there an hour early. I'd rather be laying next to my wife for an hour than look at a bunch of ugly assed dudes.

However, I have worked with guys that "needed" to show up early, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
um, no

i'm never early for anything
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
... Have no "starting" time.

... WTF is it a race or something? Actually I'm able to work from home when things are slow (telecommute).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hell no. I show up on time, but they aint paying me to be there an hour early. I'd rather be laying next to my wife for an hour than look at a bunch of ugly assed dudes.

However, I have worked with guys that "needed" to show up early, if you know what I mean.

I quess Im here because I have nothing else to do/nowhere to go

11 at night not much to do
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Never.I have about an hour each morning that is an acceptable window. I'm all over that hour. Rarely, if ever early.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF? You get to surf arfcom at work? Must be nice!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has its ups and downs.  It gets boring at night and even ARFCOM dies down later.  

Sitting alone gets very depressing sometimes, the pay isnt the best, but its tolerable.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Sitting alone gets very depressing sometimes, the pay isnt the best, but its tolerable.
You are a die hard employee, showing up to a boring job early.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm always at work. I sleep in my office!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You are a die hard employee, showing up to a boring job early.

If not Im bored at home.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I am early to work everyday, always have been with all of my jobs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has its ups and downs.  It gets boring at night and even ARFCOM dies down later.  

What do you do?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I always show up to work early, today I was about an hour early, normally Im 15min to an hour early.

Quess its a good thing.

Anyone else get in early all the time

I show up right on time.  I work 12 hour shifts, there is no time to show up early.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
ATF narc

Direct phone calls, nothing exciting

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#17]
At my last job at a small ISP, I was usually right on time, but sometimes a little late because I commuted an hour to get there.  As long as I stayed a little later on those days to cover the time, the boss didn't mind.  Other than that job, I've always been on time or slightly early.

It was small compared to AOL, MSN, etc.  It was actually pretty big for what it was, a local-ish provider serving a lot of rural/undeveloped areas.

I left it to go back to school full time for an engineering degree.  I'm enjoying it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

... lucky bastage
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I am anywhere from 25 minutes to a hour early everyday
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... lucky bastage

Sometimes!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
ATF narc

... Seriously?

... I've wondered about that, take no offense
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I clock in with a minute to spare everyday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top