Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2002 12:24:33 AM EDT
[url]www.dumblaws.com[/url]

and since I'm in AZ: "When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses."
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]Stafford County[/b]

It is legal for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps so long as it is before 8:00 pm.
View Quote

Considering we live in Stafford, I have a feeling this won't go over too well with my SO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting poll......
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#4]
many of these "dumb laws" are either urban legends, laws that don't exist/not on the books, or old repealled laws.

In fact, check this out regarding Arizona laws: [url]http://www.snopes.com/legal/arizona.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Waynesboro

It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag. (Repealed)

I live five minutes from Waynesboro....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#6]
My personal favorite (under Norfolk, VA):

"Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated."

Doesn't say anything about feeding them Alka Seltzer.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or beer soaked bread!
View Quote

[:D]  Never tried that.  Do they start running diagonally trying to fly?

Ed
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Waynesboro

It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag. (Repealed)
View Quote

Maybe they should have left this one in place[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top