Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 10:23:06 PM EDT
We know they hacked our intelligence data.  How is this not an act of war? How are neither dems nor republicans calling for action?

Seems we should at least be boycotting Chinese products.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me ask you this...if you were the Chinese president or military generals...would YOU be scared of Obama?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The dempublicans are too busy screwing us to care.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
If there are a few options on the shelf, ill choose the non-chinese, but i wont go out of my way.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
so why are you still typing on your chicom keyboard and using your mouse
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me ask you this...if you were the Chinese president or military generals...would YOU be scared of Obama?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I try on every pruchase I make
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Few are as qualified to speak, or as outspoken, as retired Gen. Michael Hayden on the topic of cyberespionage. Gen. Hayden, after a career in the U.S. Air Force, became the only person to have served as director of both the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency. Today he is a principal at the Chertoff Group, a global advisory firm focused on security and risk management.

GEN. HAYDEN: The current story is this was done by the Ministry of State Security—very roughly the [Chinese] equivalent of the CIA. Those records are a legitimate foreign intelligence target. If I, as director of the CIA or NSA, would have had the opportunity to grab the equivalent in the Chinese system, I would not have thought twice, I would not have asked permission.

So this is not shame on China. This is shame on us for not protecting that kind of information.

This is a tremendously big deal. And my deepest emotion is embarrassment.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
If possible I'll buy a product that is not made in china.

However it seems to be getting harder to find stuff that is not made in china.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#9]
LoL.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The dempublicans are too busy screwing us to care.
View Quote

Hell, they gave them the access.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If possible I'll buy a product that is not made in china.

However it seems to be getting harder to find stuff that is not made in china.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard recently we had been spying on France. Should they be boycotting the US?
Maybe they should start another war with us?  It's their job to spy on us. It's our governments
job to prevent them from being successful. Protesting is fine. But the only one that should
be held responsible for this is living in the White House.

Quoted:
We know they hacked our intelligence data.  How is this not an act of war? How are neither dems nor republicans calling for action?

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
You can't boycott chinese goods. Like trying to boycott food. They're ubiquitous .
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd imagine more than a few of the components that make up the servers on which AR15.com is hosted are made in China.  I'm not aware of any readily available computer system that doesn't contain products sourced or made in China.  Therefore, without Chinese products, AR15.com (and virtually every other domain on the web) would cease to exist.  

And then we'd have to go outside and talk to people in person to complain about Chinese products.  And I don't know about you, but I ain't got time for that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

When our own government does the same thing on a daily basis, I'm inclined toward apathy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
What are we going to do?   Put meaningless sanctions on the Chinese like we did with the Russians.  That'll have Beijing quaking in their boots...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Few are as qualified to speak, or as outspoken, as retired Gen. Michael Hayden on the topic of cyberespionage. Gen. Hayden, after a career in the U.S. Air Force, became the only person to have served as director of both the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency. Today he is a principal at the Chertoff Group, a global advisory firm focused on security and risk management.

GEN. HAYDEN: The current story is this was done by the Ministry of State Security—very roughly the [Chinese] equivalent of the CIA. Those records are a legitimate foreign intelligence target. If I, as director of the CIA or NSA, would have had the opportunity to grab the equivalent in the Chinese system, I would not have thought twice, I would not have asked permission.

So this is not shame on China. This is shame on us for not protecting that kind of information.

This is a tremendously big deal. And my deepest emotion is embarrassment.
View Quote

Well, we know he did exactly that to Americans, so why wouldn't he do it to the Chinese?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I have avoided products from China whenever possible when another source was available, and I NEVER knowingly buy
food from China, ever. Not in response to espionage or trade wars...just out of a general sense of self-preservation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes you can.  Not easy at all but doable.  I don't even buy Chinese toys for my dog as I worry they will poison her with chemicals.  It is funny I actually returned a nylabone I bought today,  I bought it blindly thinking that nylabone was US made.  I guess it was for a long time but no longer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

so why are you still typing on your chicom keyboard and using your mouse
View Quote

A. Phones made in Korea. Probably does have Chinese parts though.

B. Boycotting doesn't mean throwing stuff away.  What would that accomplish?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I heard recently we had been spying on France. Should they be boycotting the US?

Maybe they should start another war with us?  It's their job to spy on us. It's our governments

job to prevent them from being successful. Protesting is fine. But the only one that should

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah point taken
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top