Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:34:34 PM EDT
Are you afraid that you personally will be injured or killed by a terrorist attack within the Lower 48 in your lifetime? I would include anything as small as a scrape on your knee or a piece of glass cutting a .5" cut in your arm.

Will this happen you you personally in your lifetime?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 9:36:25 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]
No but i am worried about the economic fallout and roll back of civil rights that will follow
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:37:08 PM EDT
it's a religion of peace
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:38:49 PM EDT
No. Wont happen here.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:39:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
No but i am worried about the economic fallout and roll back of civil rights that will follow

The question is clear. Will you personally be injured by a terrorist attack in the lower 48 during your lifetime? If you are worried about losing money, please start your own poll.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:40:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheTracker:
it's a religion of peace

+1! they would never try to hurt us.

...oh yeah. nevermind
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:41:18 PM EDT
It's entirely possible.

But I do not let the thought of possibility hinder my daily activities.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:42:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 9:44:24 PM EDT by otto-nyc]
I'm not currently afraid, but I was ~5 blocks from the WTC on 9/11/01. I've never run for my life before that day. As they all say, "I never thought it could happen to me." Thankfully I was not injured, but the concept of invulnerability quickly vanishes after such an experience. In my opinion this applies in all situations. (Where your life is threatened)
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 9:46:25 PM EDT by TheTracker]
It scares me to think that some muslims that live here in this country some how condone
the way the muslims overseas are reacting to the cartoon.That's more scary .
This war will not end ever until one side wins,and that means what it means.
take it anyway you want
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:45:28 PM EDT
With Triumph955i on this one.

Why worry about something that probably won't happen? I'm not gonna let them bother me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:45:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By otto-nyc:
I'm not currently afraid, but I was ~5 blocks from the WTC on 9/11/01. I've never run for my life before that day. As they all say, "I never thought it could happen to me." Thankfully I was not injured, but the concept of invulnerability quickly vanishes after such an experience. In my opinion this applies in all situations.

Were you injured on that day?

Are you afraid of being personally injured by a terrorist attack? Try to keep it to that. I know, maybe some day, it's possible that you COULD be hurt by a terrorist attack. Do you think you will be? Even as much as a half inch cut or a rug burn? Even to that small extent, will you personally be hurt by a terrorist attack at any point in your entire lifetime?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:47:52 PM EDT
peakoil everyone was hurt here that day
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:50:19 PM EDT
wow PO you seem to be a bit more snippy and confrontational than normal
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:51:57 PM EDT
This from todays front page at somethingawful.com

THE MUSLIM COMPLAINT BOX

Dear Muslim Man Complaint Box,
I saw on the TV that there is a show now with a woman host. This is not very bad by itself because the woman was dressed in accordance with the laws of Islam and did not expose herself and inflame the lust of any male guests. However, this woman was having a talk with guests and things got a bit out of control when the woman host said "no, I don't think so" to one of the guests. I was so mad I told my wife to drown herself in the bathtub while I finished watching the show. Then, later in the show, the host says "you are wrong" to a doctor! I could not believe it!

Please see if you could beat this woman with a chain and I thank you in advance.

Inshallah Muslim Man Complaint Box,
My child was drawing pictures for school and this is forbidden. What makes the situation worse is that the picture was of our whole family and also blessed Mohammad. It was not a very clear picture of Mohammad and I think his likeness would be considered obscured by the scriptures. Just to be sure I hanged my son and burned his body and then my brothers burned the school and also hanged the teacher. What I want to know is what can be done about the ability to draw? Any child can go about creating blasphemous rendering of Mohammad! This is lightning in the hands of the unprotected. My son is in the afterlife now because of these crayons and "construction" paper, which I say is "destruction" paper. That is a little joke, but I am not laughing. Something must be done.

This is a complaint in general about women these days. Things are getting out of control with the influences of the West and they are more willing than ever to speak their minds. Yesterday I thought I heard a woman whisper "Ally McBeal" in a marketplace to another woman and then their heads turned to each other like they might be making eye-contact through the mesh screens hiding their eyes. I do not know if anything can be done about this, but I would like to find myself a good Muslim wife.

Also death to America, death to Israel, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I am a devoted Muslim man living in the heart of the beast. I live within the Jew-cursed border of the state of Jew Jewrsey in Jewmerica and I am very unhappy. The other day I heard an American man say that Islam is not a religion of peace. This is intolerable and doubly so when the laws of America prevent me from cutting out his tongue, setting fire to his house and taking his wife as my own. I demand that something be done about this and also death to Israel.

I am a devoted follower of the Prophet Mohammed living in the occupied land of Iraq. I am not an insurgent, I am just an honest man trying to live my life. There is an American by the name of Pete Reynolds who sometimes buys baklava from my shop and he is very nice. The problem is I found out a few weeks ago that he was an atheist when I was talking to him. I know it is my duty to kill all infidels, but I was wondering if exceptions could possibly be made if the infidels are particularly friendly. Perhaps I could simply wound the infidels or hurt their feelings very badly. He was fat as all decadent Westerners usually are and I think maybe I could have made some rude comments about that to him and he might have even killed himself. Anyway, no biggie, he was beheaded a couple days ago when the United States refused to release Jalal "The Red Hand of Allah" Al Harami. Get back to me when you get a chance.

PS - Death to Israel

Hey, I don't know if you noticed, but my entire family lives in a fucking bomb crater eating leaves all day. I know Death to Israel, Death to America and all that but do you think you could take a look at installing a floor in my crater or something? I'm on your side, I'm Muslim, I just think we need to prioritize better. Maybe ease back on the "death to X" stuff and look into paved roads and running water. When I can afford to buy a car I promise to load the trunk full of fertilizer and drive it into a Jewish wedding. Let's just get me to the "buy a car" part first.

Waddup mah G-had niggaz. I'm ridin' high in U to the A to the E and I just wanna kno what a nigga can do to drop dem bombs on tha club. My main Mullah nigga MC Ishuan got hot tracks like napalm and he be wantin' to roll on up with some OBL samples but a nigga be livin in caves and shit. Get me tha GPS and I'll send tha stretch hummer out to pick his ass up. Hit me up on my blackberry and it's on like Alizzy Jizzyerizzy.

D2A, D2I, TTYL

I like cowboys and I think that means I have to cut my hands off. That kind of sucks.

My daughter was raped by my neighbor and we burned her alive because she was tainted. My issue is that I think I should be able to rape his daughter back instead of having to burn my perfectly good daughter. So she was raped, so what? All of her parts still worked. She could still cook a meal. She could still find a good husband. She could still catch a beating like a net. I think this situation is unfair.

the offensive against Christmas in the United States is stalling. Our enemies at Fox News have caught on to our plans and they are hunting down our operatives. Just last week Yasser was caught by the pig dogs trying to set fire to a Holiday Store in the McCormick Mall. Their nativities are multiplying unchecked! Please send reinforcements!

Also if there are any openings I would like to request a transfer to the Death to Israel division. This is pretty much a BS job.

Megadittos! Hey, I was just wondering if you could look into moving Sunnis out of the "fidel" category and over to the "infidel" one. I think they are collaborating with the West because I saw one talking to a Russian who I don't think was Muslim and he also didn't look overly serious about killing Israel. Just look into it when you get a chance.

I am displeased with the way that Shi'ites drive because they drive one way and we Sunnis drive a completely different way.

Desperately Seeking Fatwah in Damascus

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:55:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
wow PO you seem to be a bit more snippy and confrontational than normal

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:10:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 10:14:52 PM EDT by VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS]
terrorists+all their hype=massive loads of bullshit.

I vote fuck 'em!

I don't fear them, if they bring more attacks on the U.S. and/or our interests abroad, we will just keep turning their little "holy land " into burial grounds.

--VT

oh yeah, fuggem'. they get bent over a fuckin cartoon, but we're not supposed to say shit or get upset when they kill 3000 Americans on our soil -FUCK 'EM twice

FUCK

ETA: sorry Peak_Oil, didn't mean to vent. I voted not concerned/ worried.
oh and fuck 'em 3 X
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:14:07 PM EDT
I'm not sure what you really mean by the phrase "happen to me". Does this mean direct physical harm? Or does it include physical harm to my friends and loved ones? Or what about just general economic or other non-physical harm to me personally or my family or friends?

I voted "Yes, this will happen to me personally" because I choose not to think of terrorism in a selfish way. I think of an attack on any of my fellow Americans as an attack on me personally.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:16:22 PM EDT
I'm afraid of how far you go...

are you a journalist?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:18:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:

I vote fuck 'em!

I don't fear them, if they bring more attacks on the U.S. and/or our interests abroad, we will just keep turning their little "holy land " into burial grounds.

--VT

oh yeah, fuggem'. they get bent over a fuckin cartoon, but we're not supposed to say shit or get upset when they kill 3000 Americans on our soil -FUCK 'EM twice

FUCK

Can I buy you a beer somehow?

If you can figure out a way for me to buy you a beer, I'm on it!

FUCK that stupid fearmongering bullshit! You find me a terrorist, I'll throw 'em into a lawnmower myself, but until then... I'll walk around my neighborhood a free man! I took a plane ride today, and yes indeed, DHS shook down an old White woman with a precious little leopard-pattern blanket, a plaid sweater, and a striped pair of pants down before she could make faces with her grandson at the airport today through the safety windows at the airport.

I was absolutely ashamed of my countrymen for failing to find a better way to make a living for themselves than holding Granny hostage.

It was a disgrace.

That is why I want Arfcom to explain why we are surrendering our Freedoms for what little security we gain.

Tell me why.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:19:40 PM EDT
I would be more concerned about a panicky government freaking out and putting the civilian population under martial law and oppressing the people in the name of security because they are too politically correct to fight the terrorists...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:20:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ump45:
I'm not sure what you really mean by the phrase "happen to me". Does this mean direct physical harm? Or does it include physical harm to my friends and loved ones? Or what about just general economic or other non-physical harm to me personally or my family or friends?

I voted "Yes, this will happen to me personally" because I choose not to think of terrorism in a selfish way. I think of an attack on any of my fellow Americans as an attack on me personally.

Very good question, glad you asked.

This is specific to you personally, you the respondent. Not your friends, not your family, not your second cousing twice removed. Sorry to be such a dick about it, but I wanted this poll to show how you yourselves view your security.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:31:48 PM EDT
yes please. I like beer.

oh yeah (it just doesn't get old) Fuck 'em

and yes I have a HUGE fucking problem with giving up my rights because of some POS terrorists. Why do we have to live less, while these assholes seem to gain more? I have to give up the rights that our Framers and grandfathers/ great grandfathers fought so hard to guarantee, for a little false sense of security? For these assholes? Get bent.. better yet get fucked.

--VT

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:49:00 PM EDT
Ok Mr. "I like beer" who swears 6 times in one post....

What Rights have you lost....

And do you even know what a Right is...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:06:36 AM EDT
not afraid but am expecting one. it might happen to me cuz i work in the area. the pentagon attack occured right in the area i have frequented and have friends. amazingly, none were killed but a couple were hurt and a bunch were rattled around.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:22:02 AM EDT
I am most afraid of being arrested for preventing
a terrorist act by using deadly force
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:33:58 AM EDT
No, I am not afraid of a terrorist attack at all. Heck, I keep an eye out for "muslim-looking" characters. The terrorists are afraid of me!

They're afraid that I'll do something dumb and foil their attack, or reduce their effectiveness. They're afraid that I'll buy my oil elsewhere. They're afraid that I'll put a politician in power that will really stick it to 'em. They're afraid that I'll push the military into dropping the pansy rules of engagement and call for open season. I'm an American, and the world is at my mercy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:47:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:48:36 AM EDT
Not me.

It is coming to a state near you. With the terrorist escapes and the other knuckleheads out there it will be just a matter of time.

Max
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:42:10 AM EDT
I live close enough to Seattle (and the Space Needle was a target a few years ago, but the guy was caught at the border) that it's a concern, but I don't really fear it. I didn't fear it being deployed to the Middle East either, even when it was obvious we were being surveilled. But it was a concern, or a slight worry. Different than actual fear I think. I was more afraid of getting lung cancer from breathing in the shitty air, and was afraid to drink anything but bottled water. Hell, after the first couple times the dogs gave their signal for a possible expolosive, or the ion scanner showed a positive, I stopped even getting too excited about that. Not complacent, but not stressed either.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:49:57 AM EDT
I would say it's a possibility in my AO.

Will it? Dunno... but if the outrage over cartoons gets much worse and it starts a movement... I think many of us will be keeping an eye out for people wearing vests in the middle of the summer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:53:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:

I vote fuck 'em!

--VT

FUCK

FUCK that stupid fearmongering bullshit! You find me a terrorist, I'll throw 'em into a lawnmower myself, but until then... I'll walk around my neighborhood a free man! I took a plane ride today, and yes indeed, DHS shook down an old White woman with a precious little leopard-pattern blanket, a plaid sweater, and a striped pair of pants down before she could make faces with her grandson at the airport today through the safety windows at the airport.

I was absolutely ashamed of my countrymen for failing to find a better way to make a living for themselves than holding Granny hostage.

It was a disgrace.

That is why I want Arfcom to explain why we are surrendering our Freedoms for what little security we gain.

Tell me why.

Well, I certainly won't let any fear change my way of life, other than to be more observant, and prepared if it should happen.

The problem you outline is not so much a problem with giving up liberty, but a problem with our gov, and people in general being so goddamned PC its ridiculous.

We know who it is who is trying to hurt us...but in order to prove there is no "profiling" etc, they go out of their way to search little old white grandmothers, while they let mohammed, ijaz, and osama walk right through without a second glance....

See we are PC, we don't profile

Its like that scene in Airplane, when the little old lady is being strip searched, and the three muslim terrorists walk through with guns and grenade launchers....

I don't have a problem with increased security, but lets call a spade a spade, and search those who are likely to pose a threat.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:10:10 AM EDT

I vote fuck 'em!

--VT

FUCK

It was a disgrace.

Tell me why.

Peak_Oil has got a point, here. I voted "Not Sure" because I am not sure what might ever happen to me in life. I am also not sure if I will be assaulted on the way to my car tonight, have a car accident on the way home tonight, choke and die on my dinner tonight or have a heart attack in my sleep tonight.
Am I worried about it? Not really.
Do I take certain precautions in life to protect myself? Hell, yes.
Does fondling Grandma at the TSA counter make us all safer? Fuck no.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:18:02 AM EDT

Ding Ding
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:22:21 AM EDT
Nope.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:44:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tanam:

Ding Ding

I'm willing to hazard a guess that maybe your feelings were hurt that day, and nothing else. Or maybe your pocketbooks was dinged.

At what price will you sell your freedom?

When your investments are down 40%? Is your freedom negotiable then? Would you clap a collar around your own neck then?

Well, then we know each other.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:33:39 AM EDT
Bumping for the lunch crew
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:48:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 9:48:39 AM EDT by pzjgr]

Ding Ding

I'm willing to hazard a guess that maybe your feelings were hurt that day, and nothing else. Or maybe your pocketbooks was dinged.

When your investments are down 40%? Is your freedom negotiable then? Would you clap a collar around your own neck then?

Dude, if you can't say your eyes were opened to certain facts that day, and you as an American weren't hurt, disgusted, and pissed off that day...well then, sir, I don't understand you.

That was an attack on the United States that in sheer number of casualties was worse than Pearl Harbor.

Of course the quality of people that inhabit the country now versus then is vastly different.

Then the attack on Pearl Harbor pissed off and galvanized a nation to go to war and defeat its enemies, no matter the cost.

Now the touchy feely libs and socialists and the many brain dead, illiterate, sound bite listening, no memory having masses that inhabit this country have forgotten and dismissed 9/11 by now, and feel we should understand and placate our enemies instead of killing them.

About freedoms we give up...again, I am pissed to hell that at airports theyare shaking down little old white ladies in the name of political correctness.

Would you have a problem with them stopping all 15 to 55 year old middle eastern/arab/muslim males and searching them only. I certainly wouldn't, afterall they are what fits the profile for the most part of those who wish to do harm to us. Lets concentrate on them. Lets stop the BS "random" PC crap that is going on.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:51:54 AM EDT
I realize there is a possibility of a terrorist attack everyday. However, there is a possibility of me getting struck by lightning after getting hit by a bus too. Worrying about how and when I die isn't worth the effort, it's inevitable
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:

Ding Ding

Dude, if you can't say your eyes were opened to certain facts that day, and you as an American weren't hurt, disgusted, and pissed off that day...well then, sir, I don't understand you.

That was an attack on the United States that in sheer number of casualties was worse than Pearl Harbor.

Of course the quality of people that inhabit the country now versus then is vastly different.

Then the attack on Pearl Harbor pissed off and galvanized a nation to go to war and defeat its enemies, no matter the cost.

Now the touchy feely libs and socialists and the many brain dead, illiterate, sound bite listening, no memory having masses that inhabit this country have forgotten and dismissed 9/11 by now, and feel we should understand and placate our enemies instead of killing them.

About freedoms we give up...again, I am pissed to hell that at airports theyare shaking down little old white ladies in the name of political correctness.

Would you have a problem with them stopping all 15 to 55 year old middle eastern/arab/muslim males and searching them only. I certainly wouldn't, afterall they are what fits the profile for the most part of those who wish to do harm to us. Lets concentrate on them. Lets stop the BS "random" PC crap that is going on.

I'm pissed off on THIS DAY!!! THIS VERY DAY!!!

And the boot-licking cowards who want Big Brother to tuck them into bed every night... Oh I wish for one minute in the RING with them!!!

Pre-9/11 mentality = Pre 1776 mentality!

Where is the backbone? Where is the courage of the American people!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:56:15 AM EDT

You (and I) live in the wrong age, brother.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:57:30 AM EDT
There are no terrorists, except the ones in our own government. It's all a hoax, cruelly designed to strip us of the Constitution, and our individual liberties. Just like this "bird flu" thing is really a bio attack on us by our own government, designed to "thin" out the U.S. population, and make us even more dependent on the Government, when they come riding in to save us from extinction at the last possible moment.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By anachronism:
There are no terrorists, except the ones in our own government. It's all a hoax, cruelly designed to strip us of the Constitution, and our individual liberties. Just like this "bird flu" thing is really a bio attack on us by our own government, designed to "thin" out the U.S. population, and make us even more dependent on the Government, when they come riding in to save us from extinction at the last possible moment.

damn dude. A little paranoid? Nobody got the bird flu, so how could it be a biological attack on us by our government?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:03:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:

Ding Ding

I'm pissed off on THIS DAY!!! THIS VERY DAY!!!

And the boot-licking cowards who want Big Brother to tuck them into bed every night... Oh I wish for one minute in the RING with them!!!

Ok, I guess I misunderstood your post...we are on the same page then. I too have been pissed off every day since then!

Like I said, the quality of the general public in this country has dropped off sharply....if we had the same public mentality and general attitude during WWII we would have lost the war.

Unfortunately, many Americans especially the left, have no backbone, and prefer a nanny state...additionally the PC, we mustn't offend anyone mindset is destroying this country from within...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:05:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By anachronism:

what an ...interesting... theory.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:22:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 10:27:16 AM EDT by TravisJ1]
I clicked on No.....because the thread title asks if I am "AFRAID",

an attack may happen to me, but I am not afraid, prepared and ready, but not afraid!

Travis
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:12:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ump45:
Ok Mr. "I like beer" who swears 6 times in one post....

What Rights have you lost....

And do you even know what a Right is...

I guess you like the taste of shit on your tongue.

I saw an old woman, probably in her 80's, get shaken down by DHS before getting on a plane this weekend. She was wearing a red sweater with a Christmas tree on it, and was made to stand in a plexiglass Sheep Container while a DHS employee swept a METAL DETECTOR over the bun in her hair just to make sure she wasn't smuggling a BOMB on the plane.

Then, she walked over to the glass separating her from her son and her grandson. Her son held the baby up to the glass and Granny held her hand out to the plexiglass and her grandson laughed and put his hand up to the glass. Granny then made some faces and the little boy had another laugh.

Remember, this is the old woman that was made to undergo a search of her person.

Do you smell something here? Fucking fascist bootlicking scum! Sell out another nation's freedom for your precious security blanket!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:56 AM EDT
Are you afraid of a terrorist attack?

My Vote...No, this will not happen to me personally.

So is it am I afraid or will it happen?

Will it happen...probably.

Am I afraid...No.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:33:50 AM EDT
THere are lots and lots of refineries and chemical plants nearby that would make nice targets for someone who wanted to really disrupt things in this country. But while terrorism is certainly a possibility, I'm not terribly concerned and certainly not losing any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:37:36 AM EDT

+eleventybillion. Plus I'm near 2 military bases, a major shipping river, in the state cap and close enough to a Nuke YOU lur reactor that I'd catch fall out of a dirty bomb. So yeah it could happen here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:41:59 AM EDT
the odds of me, peronsally being injured are low. The odds of some of my fellow citizens being killed is quite high.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:50:30 AM EDT
I am not afraid for myself, but i am afraid for my wife & son. Before i was married & had a baby, i wouldn't have thought twice about it, i would have been all gung-ho. Now that i am married with a baby, i worry about them all the time when i hear something on the news, etc... I want my son to grow up & enjoy his life like i've been able to. I hear & see all these terrible things happening around the world, & i can't stop but think about my little boy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top