Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 1:51:51 PM EDT
I can't think of one single thing I've ever been happy with off the rack.  I think it's why I wind up building just about everything I own myself, or at a bare minimum modifying the hell out of it.

I'm currently looking for a new sofa.  I only want fabric in the areas that I'm going to come in contact with.  Cushions & armrests.  I want the rest to be laminated.  Haven't found one even close yet.  Looks like I'm building.

I need a new dresser.  Can't find one that has the features I want (several drawers with no sides).  Looks like I'm building.

I used to have one of those big tents in my backyard for working under.  It sucked.  Now I have a pile of conduit, a tarp and some bungies so I can build my own canopy.

Don't even get me started on my 1911 or my AR.

Political parties?  Nothing.  Religion?  Nothing (I don't even like other atheists).

My truck needs a supercharger, stiffer suspension, but wider & taller tires, a bedliner, and a tool box, just to start.

I've been in the market for a house for almost a year.  Haven't seen one that even remotely sparked any interest.  Even taking into account that I'll modify the hell out of it.

I've never met a girl that didn't need some kind of tinkering (either less drugs, or less fat, or more smarts....)

The list goes on and on.  Anyone out there ever found anything at all that was perfect for them right out of the box?  Closest thing I can think of is/was my DSA, and even it needs a flashider now, and I can't find one of those that I like.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything is tight in the crotch on me.

eta - Because my penis is so big.

eta - Not to mention my huge balls.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not real picky, anything will work for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not much of a picky person, as long as it works its good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I always used to want to have everything a particluar way, but now I am developing the opinion that less is more, and I am sticking pretty much with the "standard" stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Stop, the people I work with are starting to think I'm having another "episode".

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
....and I thought I was picky.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
less is more

exactly.  Less IS more.  Which is why so much of the off-the-shelf crap just doesn't cut it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, I'm a picky bastard too!  When I'm spending my hard earned money I get what I want how I want it.

Nothing wrong with that...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you're just picky....

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

All Catholics have this problem

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

I've always hated that word.  Why shouldn't I be?  and why aren't you?  Maybe more people should be picky.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Prolly swelling due to some form of veneral disease...get it checked bro.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

I've always hated that word.  Why shouldn't I be?  and why aren't you?  Maybe more people should be picky.

Well, I thought calling you "anal" would be to harsh.

You can't always get what you want Norman...........

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You can't always get what you want Norman...........

but if you try sometimes....
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

And what a shitty problem it is.... baggy pants help, but  its hard to keep up my redneck image in baggy pants.

"If it aint Catholic, its a copy."
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

And what a shitty problem it is.... baggy pants help, but  its hard to keep up my redneck image in baggy pants.

Once I was watching Mrs. Wedge while she was cooking in the kitchen.  She bent over the stove and I got so aroused that I split my pants clean in half.

Because my penis is so big.

Not to mention my huge balls.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#17]
What about the tools that you use to build, mod, ect.? Were they fine out of the box?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Once I was watching Mrs. Wedge while she was cooking in the kitchen.  She bent over the stove and I got so aroused that I split my pants clean in half.

This thread better NEVER have pics.

Wedge's balls are a trap.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't mind being called "picky." I'll readily admit that I am.
I'm pretty much the same way you are. I know exactly what I want and how I want it.
If I'm spending my money on it, then it should be my way. I don't care if 100,000 other people bought <whatever> just like it is. I want mine a different way. That doesn't mean I'm unwilling to compromise though. Hell, my entire life is one compromise after another. It's just the way it goes. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, so I just have to accept that.

I'll add another to your list though.
When I go to McDonalds, BK, Hardees, whatever I ALWAYS get a special order. i.e. hold the onions, extra cheese, no tomatoes, whatever depending on what I get, but it's NEVER just the way THEY make it. (Actually this has two purposes. Besides pleasing me, it also ensures that it hasn't been sitting under the heat lamps all day. They have to make it fresh just for me. I always hold either ketchup, mayonaise, mustard, whatever "sauce" so they can't just take it off and give me the same burger.)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I am largely an "off the rack" guy.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I bet you segregate the food on your plate so nothing touches lol....

I was "picky" like that for a long time, but now I'm not.  In my experience people like yourself end up frustrated at everything and everyone.  If that's your thang that's fine, I can respect one's desire for custom furniture, vehicles, etc.  Hell I'm the same way myself.  If you're gonna drop big $$$ on something why not have it just the way you want it.  Too bad that logic doesn't apply to human relations.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I swear on the Bible (KJV) that there is nothing sexier than a nice round Catholic womans ass as she is bent over cooking a nice fine rump roast!!!

Mmmmmm,   I can taste the juices now.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#24]
The only problem with being picky is that you're seldom satisfied.  That's pretty hellish to me.  I'm pretty laid back in most areas, but there are some where I accept no compromise.

Remembe the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Exactly....you stress and stress and live your life grossly unsatisfied.

Then one day you get hit by a bus.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I swear on the Bible (KJV) that there is nothing sexier than a nice round Catholic womans ass as she is bent over cooking a nice fine rump roast!!!

Sgtar15

Except for two nice round Catholic women's asses.   But yes, there is nothing like checking the temperature on a good rump roast.

My apologies to Norm for contributing to this thread hijack.  We went from Norman's irregular behavior patterns to doing a woman doggystyle in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Werd.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#28]
No I AM  not a one size fits all type of  GUY

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Except for two nice round Catholic women's asses.   But yes, there is nothing like checking the temperature on a good rump roast.

My apologies to Norm for contributing to this thread hijack.  We went from Norman's irregular behavior patterns to doing a woman doggystyle in the kitchen.

You forgot about the hijack on how Catholic men are well known for their huge penises.

eta - I am Catholic.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Is it just me, or does the original post sound like an Andy Rooney diatribe?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm only picky about some things. No ice in my pop= I get more pop. No guacamole = I won't throw up at Don Pablos.

As for clothes, I've never been easy to find SOME clothes for. Size XL shirts pretty much fit me well. Shoes/socks... Depends, but for the most part I'm a size 12 shoe. Pants are a problem- Not many common stores (Old Navy, etc) carry pants (outside of Levis, and that's often a crapshoot) in my size (36/36). Cars... Ugh. I've been in (and owned) some cars that were definitely designed for the smaller percentage of the population. But now I've got a truck I love and fit in well... The rest? I want more refined things but I'm ready to drop them and not miss them if I have to.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Catholic myself....I'm well aware of our curse Wedge.  It's not easy being idolized as a sexual tyranasaurus.  This I know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Catholic myself....I'm well aware of our curse Wedge.  It's not easy being idolized as a sexual tyranasaurus.  This I know.

Yep.  It is a blessing and a curse.  The good Lord gave, and then He gave some more in the case of Catholics.

Because our penises are so big.

Not to mention our huge balls.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm pretty good for off the shelf items except pants. I can find jeans and casual pants galore but when I need something dressy it's darn near impossible to find decent dress pants with a waist size less than 32 inches. I wear a 30 and when I find something I like that fits I but as many as they have in stock and in every color.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Well,  I'm fortunate in that I wear a 42 Long suit right off the rack.
Of course, I have to get a tailor to fix the inseam because

my penis is so big and

my balls are huge and

I "dress to my right".

did I mention I'm Catholic?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top