Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2009 4:59:07 AM EDT
Just as the title says. I am very curious. Since all of this bailout nonsense, and anti rights president, a neo marxist president and cabinet and congress, the failure of the reublican party to stand for what their constituents believe in, etc. I would assume we would be seeing, along with the record increases in gun sales, a steady rise in the militia movement, as what happened in the 90's. Is anybody seeing this?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:25:47 AM EDT
there is no such thing as the militia movement. quietly turn and walk away.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:48:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2009 5:49:12 AM EDT by RunsWithScissors]
There is no such thing - It's "Boogie-man" terminology.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:51:01 AM EDT
It's all propaganda to further the goals of the Globalists.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:09:31 AM EDT
Did I encroach on a taboo subject?
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:17:48 AM EDT
We've got one.

Constitution Of The State Of Arkansas Of 1874.
Article 11. Militia.
§ 1. Persons liable to military duty.

The militia shall consist of all able-bodied male persons, residents of the State, between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years; except such as may be exempted by the laws of the United States, or this State; and shall be organized, officered, armed and equipped and trained in such manner as may be provided by law.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:44:53 AM EDT
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
Richard Henry Lee

Not a movement, just us.

Freedom
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:47:19 AM EDT
The Code of Virginia

§ 44-1. Composition of militia.

The militia of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall consist of all able-bodied citizens of this Commonwealth and all other able-bodied persons resident in this Commonwealth who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who are at least sixteen years of age and, except as hereinafter provided, not more than fifty-five years of age. The militia shall be divided into four classes, the National Guard, which includes the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard, the Virginia State Defense Force, the naval militia, and the unorganized militia.

(1930, p. 948; 1942, p. 642; Michie Code 1942, § 2673(1); 1944, p. 24; 1958, c. 393; 1970, c. 662; 1973, c. 401; 1976, c. 399; 1979, c. 647; 1984, c. 765; 1989, c. 414.)
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:00:58 AM EDT
Are you sure you're not a Missouri LEO? I don' t know if we can believe that VA in your user info.

Seriously though, I'm not part of an organized militia, but see it as my civic duty to defend my country/state/city/township/community if it comes to that. So I belong to the implied militia of able-bodied adults. I doubt if anyone on this board is going to out themselves as being a member if they are one since a study in MO recently called Libertarians and Ron Paul Supporters terrorists belonging to the so-called militia movement. My impression from reading the study is that whoever wrote it was familiar with the gun enthusiast and militia crowd to the point that he must have infiltrated somewhere and gotten involved for a long period of time, if not just a message board.

So yeah, it's a touchy subject just based on the idea that the government is watching people like us, who believe a lot of the same things most of us do, when we see ourselves as the backbone of the country. MOst if not all of us that come here are upright hard working Americans that keep ourselves informed of what the government is up to. Most of us have a line we don't want to see them cross, and the implied endoresment of harassment based upon a political view is counter to the idea that the government works for the people, rather than the people being the subjects of the government is dangerously close to that line. If they did that and removed our ability to redress our grievances with authorities it would be worse.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:47:46 AM EDT
AH. I understand now. I do know that we are ALL the militia. What I meant was, the organized groups not affiliated or commanded by the state (i.e. not the National Guard, etc.), that get together and train together, are well armed, etc. I do also understand, given the recent MIAC stuff, that there would be some that are reluctant to openly say "HEY THAT'S ME!" I was simply expecting to see a surge in people seeking out groups that organize and train together with common ideals.

That's cool though. The down low may need to be where things should stay for now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 7:53:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2009 7:53:56 AM EDT by SilentType]
Do I see a growth in unorganized militia membership?

Not readily apparent, but then again I'm not attending their meetings.

Do I see an "explosion" in civilians arming themselves and training through various firearms courses compared to the numbers that were in the 90's? You bet.

I think the armed civilian movement has morphed a little bit. More low key now and more of a composition of folks who are "range buddies" or attend various courses together. I would certainly call that a well regulated militia movement. There are certainly more private civilians that own things like body armor now and things like the Magpul's Dynamics "Art of the Carbine" are pretty household names. We certainly have a more effective "militia" than we did when they had guys running around with their pump shotguns in the woods of Michigan back in the 90's.

Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:10:31 AM EDT
Its a TARP!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:00:14 AM EDT
According to some reports Chewbacca's avatar indicates he is part of a militia, and therefore is a person of interest!

As for joining a group of like minded individuals, I think it would be difficult to find people that are just the right kind of extremist for me to associate with. My buddies that shoot don't all have exactly like minded sensibilities of what to do in SHTF, and we all have slightly or varying differences in our political and religious ideologies. So as far as finding what amounts to a paramilitary political arm, no, I'm likely to be more of the low-key survivalist that groups together with some buddies and rides out whatever may or may not be coming. Fight if I have to, and weather the storm. I think more and more of our type are like that than actually organized with the ability or desire to carry out operations of any scale.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:23:25 AM EDT
Yes, I agree. The militia members are those who believe in the Constitution. Those willing to put on the uniform of our country and put their lives on the line for our country. Those who work each day, Those who pay their taxes. Those who raise their kids to respect their elders, LEO, school teachers and everyone of authority. Yes, our nation is filled with militia members able and ready to help their nation in times of distress. As the old saying goes, keep your powder dry.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:35:08 PM EDT
While it's probably not their goal, the Appleseed project has helped to improve the effectiveness of our unorganized militia.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 4:23:28 PM EDT
I don't believe we have any Militias in our area.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 7:37:00 AM EDT
I see organization of AMERICANS tired of all the going on Washington.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 9:40:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bhart89:
While it's probably not their goal, the Appleseed project has helped to improve the effectiveness of our unorganized militia.

I thought that was exactly their goal. What did I miss?
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:18:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RedPepper2:
Yes, I agree. The militia members are those who believe in the Constitution. Those willing to put on the uniform of our country and put their lives on the line for our country. Those who work each day, Those who pay their taxes. Those who raise their kids to respect their elders, LEO, school teachers and everyone of authority. Yes, our nation is filled with militia members able and ready to help their nation in times of distress. As the old saying goes, keep your powder dry.

+1

we are all part of the unorganized militia - but we should maintain a good level of proficiency with our firearms, and many states have militia units (constitutional militias) that regularly train for a variety of scenarios. the phrase "well regulated militia" in the 2A refers to the citizenry maintaining arms and proficiency with them. it ain't about hunting...
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:43:58 PM EDT
ACORN? Anti-American militia.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 11:01:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By WileyCoyote:
Originally Posted By RedPepper2:

+1

we are all part of the unorganized militia - but we should maintain a good level of proficiency with our firearms, and many states have militia units (constitutional militias) that regularly train for a variety of scenarios. the phrase "well regulated militia" in the 2A refers to the citizenry maintaining arms and proficiency with them. it ain't about hunting...

+1
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 9:11:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By john575:
ACORN? Anti-American militia.

Globalist Agenda Militia.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:57:54 PM EDT
What about the failure of the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, YOU FAILED TO ADDRESS THAT. Because it's the DEMACRATES THAT WANT TO take away our rights
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:26:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By firemedic2000:
What about the failure of the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, YOU FAILED TO ADDRESS THAT. Because it's the DEMACRATES THAT WANT TO take away our rights

Well, unfortunately, this is no actual failure at all. Because the Democratic party, for the most part, as always been against rights. They are doing, and have done, exactly what they want to do. So is this a failure of the oath that they take when they enter office, to support and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, YES. but is it a failure of their true intentions, their political histories, etc. no. Even during the civil rights movement, the democratic party was the party that stood AGAINST civil rights, not the republican or conservative politicians. Which is interesting that the majority of black americans have such political allegiance to this party, given their history.
Top Top