Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 11:00:22 AM EDT
Are there any good electric stand up style scooters?

I'm looking for something halfways durable somewhere in between a $100 kids one and a Segway......

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are there any good electric stand up style scooters?

I'm looking for something halfways durable somewhere in between a $100 kids one and a Segway......

Whats your budget, when i was a kid we always rode Go-Peds

http://www.goped.com/products/sport/default.asp

IMO, the electric scooters were always kinda bunk. I'd go for a gasoline one if you don't think there will be a problem with LE
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a bike.  

You will likely be happier and healthier with the purpose.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
something about scooters and fat chicks rings a bell...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Come on now!

There has to be a cheap heavy duty electric scooter or Chinese knock off Segway out there to be had

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Come on now!

There has to be a cheap heavy duty electric scooter or Chinese knock off Segway out there to be had

What do you want to use it for?  

Take a look at the top speed and range of most of them, any real use will have you realizing why a bike is the better choice.

If you are going to get hassled by the cops in your town, get a Honda CRF50 and have more fun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on now!

What do you want to use it for?  
Take a look at the top speed and range of most of them, any real use will have you realizing why a bike is the better choice.
If you are going to get hassled by the cops in your town, get a Honda CRF50 and have more fun.

I just want one to zip down to the garage and back on.......probably make 3-4 short trips a week (within a couple blocks or so between the buildings)
This one looks pretty nice
http://superscootersales.com/?wpsc-product=super-turbo-1000-lithium

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top