Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/20/2007 5:47:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2007 5:49:17 PM EDT by southlak9cop]
I need a two DVI female to one DVI male to split the DVI port on my LCD flat panel in my bedroom. Is there a y cable out there to do this?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2007 2:25:23 PM EDT by Jetlag]
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:28:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By postpostban:
Why do you need to do that? Maybe there is another way to do it.

I have a 27in. flat panel LCD in my bedroom. It only has one DVI input and 2 component inputs. I have an upconverting DVD player and a HD DVR in there also. The dvr is currently running on component video but I would like to just run it via DVI....the upconverting DVD player is actually using a HDMI to DVI adapter cable.

I checked the cables linked below and even though they have the right connections is says that you can't connect two input devices (DVR, DVD player) to the same monitor. I don't expect them to play at the same time on the same monitor.

If it has the right connections, it should work, right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:08:18 PM EDT
Have you noticed a real improvment in performance when you hook up the individual units by DVI? It is only a 27'' it may not really be worth it.

DVI switcher

Your best bet may be to get a reciever that will switch DVI.
Y splitters generally create other problems.
Top Top