Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 10:32:36 PM EDT
im serious, I have now 3 of their CD's and they are probably my favorite band now.

If you like Rush you will LOVE these guys. the technical twists and turns that their music takes are OUTSTANDING!!

I just got "A CHANGE OF SEASONS" and it is a cover album but it is AWESOME!!

If any of you are interested get: "Images and Words" You will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The band I toured clubs with covered "Pull Me Under" in 1994.  See my sig line, line 2....

No, they never made a record that sucked!

"Six O'Clock on a Christmas morning......."
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I really would like to see Kevin Moore back in the band though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Kevin Moore:
[url]www.chromakey.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have every CD they've released here in the US and though its still good, Falling into Infinity is their weakest.  After you end up buying all their albums, you'll have to get the two offerings from Liquid Tension Experiment.  Its made up of Portnoy, Petrucci, Rudess and Tony Levin on Bass/stick.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
While I give them the credit they deserve for pure talent in playing their instruments, I just don't like their style.  It's [b]too[/b] technical for me.  I listen to it and think, "Man, they have some serious talent but this crap their playing really sucks!"  It's like their trying to prove how good they are instead of just letting the music flow.

Hey, just my opinion.  Then again, I'm not really much of a Rush fan either.  Although I will say that Neil Peart is one bad ass drummer.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
their singer is awful...nuf said
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw them at the Greek last summer when they were touring with Joe Satriani. They sucked, one hit wonders.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anybody other than me have the CD that was released on Sept 11, 01
Live, scenes from NY.
with the original cover art?

It has an apple on the cover, with barbed wire wrapping the apple. Inside the apple you can see the NYC skyline with the twin towers, and flames in the background.

They pulled it off the shelves, but I got a copy.

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anybody other than me have the CD that was released on Sept 11, 01
Live, scenes from NY.
with the original cover art?

It has an apple on the cover, with barbed wire wrapping the apple. Inside the apple you can see the NYC skyline with the twin towers, and flames in the background.

They pulled it off the shelves, but I got a copy.

View Quote

Got a pic by any chance??
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Not yet. When I get home I'll scan it, and post it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=191156[/url]

I posted the pic in another thread, so more people could get to check out this cover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top