Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 9:24:18 PM EDT
My friends just forced me to watch bowling for columbine and in it MM interviewed the creators of south park and they seemed sympathetic to him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Who cares? i really don't care about some creators of some show that i would waste my time at 12:00 pm, when i could be surfing arfcom.

I feel sympathetic to MM to, he is very misinformed, and i hope that he doesn't cross my path. ever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they're "sympathetic" to him, I think they're just dumb ass kids. I slightly recall the scene your talking about and it did come across that way. I dunno, those kids went to my school, couldn't imagine them being totally anti gun....not really....they grew up in the mountains. Pretty sure that if they do share fat fucks views on guns that's as far as it goes. They had Saddam and Satan in bed together in the movie.......
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Trey is a Libertarian (not sure about Matt) and South Park has ALWAYS been a equal opportunity "shot taker" when comes to bashing.  In their favor the guys do have an exquisite "Bullshit Detector" and that shows in whatever they do.

Haven't seen BFC (or any of MM shit since "Roger and Me") nor will I.  Given what we know of how Moore edits, I wouldn't trust ANYTHING that ANYONE says on one of his films.

BTW you need to shitcan your "friends" ASAP if they "forced" you to watch BFC.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]

+1

Wasn't the "whitey has guns because he is afraid of the nigero's revenge" animated skit awfully southparkish? It smacked of southpark to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1

Wasn't the "whitey has guns because he is afraid of the nigero's revenge" animated skit awfully southparkish? It smacked of southpark to me.

WTF? I've never seen BFC, now I think I need to aquire a copy (didn't say BUY) just to see what the hell many sheeple have been bs'd into believing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive watched South Park since it first came out.  Its a right leaning show.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The southpark guys seem to lean toward the libertarian view.  They may not be strict libertarians or may not even know what libertarians stand for, but their shows seem to have a lot of lkibertarian themes.  besides, any show that hates barbara striesand as much as they do can't be all that bad.

As for Michael Moore, they are coming out with a new movie (with Thunderbirds type puppets) that deals with the current war on terror.  They specifically mentioned ripping michael moore a new asshole in the article i read.  They said that if you watched the first half hour you'd think they were total liberals, and if you watched the last 60 minutes you'd think they were hard core republicans.

While south park has a lot of *filler* shows (the russel Crowe episode was a complete waste of time), a lot of the time theres actually a pretty good moral to the show.  I liked the episode that explained what horseshit the Mormon religion was, but at the last moment gave the mormons props for thier strong family values.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Just give me Beavis and Butthead. I don't like philosophy mixed with my comedy. South Park ain't sheeit compared to Beavis and Butthead. With them you simply get stuff to laugh at. That's all I want.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just give me Beavis and Butthead. I don't like philosophy mixed with my comedy. South Park ain't sheeit compared to Beavis and Butthead. With them you simply get stuff to laugh at. That's all I want.

So you like your comedy dumbed down, is that what you're getting at?

Huh huh huh huh.....you said sheeit....huh huh huh huh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My son has been on a quest to buy all the seasons on DVD since he was just recently allowed to watch them.  

After watching all the episodes and listening to the creators interviews I am convinced of one thing, they are both nuts.  

Their shows hold nothing sacred and will trash anything and everything with the extreme left and right taking the brunt.  

If they met Moore, I would expect it was a mistake on Moores part for odds are he will end up in an episode getting screwed by an elephant.

"You must respect my authorateeee or I will kick you in the nuts.  Fuck you guys, I'm taking my stuff and going hummmme!" Cartmen

Tj

They're not nuts, they were just laying it on thick for the camera.  Their nutty, but not nuts.  How can anyone who is nuts produce such consistently good satire?

I did notice that the USDOT is sponsoring the show and they have these really awful DWI propaganda commercials on now. WTF?  

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If they met Moore, I would expect it was a mistake on Moores part for odds are he will end up in an episode getting screwed by an elephant.

Tj

There's a clip from their new movie that shows a morbidly obese Michael Moore at Mt. Rushmore holding a hotdog in each hand.  I figure it only gets better from there.  

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree that are equal opportuntity offenders.  If someone holds it sacred, they will bash it.  Can't say that for some of the other shows on the very-left-leaning Comedy Central.  John Stewart ifor example is a whiney little girlie-man who cleans the genitals of Alec Baldwin with his tongue.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My friends just forced me to watch bowling for columbine and in it MM interviewed the creators of south park and they seemed sympathetic to him.

Make your friends read "Michael Moore is a Big, Fat, Stupid White Man." Do it.

You will see a forensic analysis of BFC that shows MM for the abject fraud he is. No reasonable person who reads this analysis can possibly trust him afterwards.

Ever.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Who do you think made that nice NRA=KKK cartoon for Moore shown in BFC?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone have the Hate Crimes speech from South Park? "A Savage Dichotomy" I heard it on a radio show and have been unable to find it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1

I still miss Beavis and Butthead.  THEY RULE! HEH-HEH-HEH YES! THEY RULE!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Did anyone catch the " Rob Reiner " South Park episode. They tore his washed up actor/activist ass up !  Butttttteeerrrr !
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I havent seen the scene  - but Matt and Trey rip on everyone pretty equaly. Well - maybe they pick on the Jews a little too much - bot over all  - nothing is sacred to them.

I think they are like many people where they see the absurdaties to both sides and just make fun of them both.

Over all I find thier shit hillarious and Ill still watch it.

And who knows - Moore could have taken anything they said out of context with editing - or declined to show any thing they said that didnt support his views.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That WAS the high school they graduated from.   They were outsiders in the school like the shooters.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I kinda doubt anyone would fit in bed with Micheal Moore. And even if they could, with his personal hygien standards, who'd want to?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tj

There's a clip from their new movie that shows a morbidly obese Michael Moore at Mt. Rushmore holding a hotdog in each hand.  I figure it only gets better from there.  

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

I was just going to mention that.

If you look at the preview for the movie you can see a quick shot of a super fat mm puppet holding a hot dog.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Did anyone catch the " Rob Reiner " South Park episode. They tore his washed up actor/activist ass up !  Butttttteeerrrr !

I love that episode.  Freakin hilarious.  "Death Camp of Tolerance" is another fantastic episode.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#25]
My favorite episode was "Red Sleigh Down", and the above comments are right, they aren't afraid to gore anybody's ox.

But I am biased since I live in South Park and my nearest neighbor is named Kenny.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I haven't seen, and never intend to see the BFC movie, but my brother in high school said he had to watch it in class in high school...

Another reaon I will be homeschooling my kid(s)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top